Tony 845

Do you want become a vegetarian after after becoming Enlightened?

35 posts in this topic

@Tony 845 Enlightenment has nothing to do with becoming a vegetarian. No correlation whatsoever. Becoming vegetarian/vegan depends on your ecological level of awareness and love for the world. There are many stage green people who become vegan because they expand their heart and identification with all living creatures. And yet they are nowhere near enlightenment. It's such a simple answer that I'm surprised you didn't come up with it yourself. Or maybe you're just wanting attention? If you look closely, you have been answered dozens of times already, it just wasn't what you wanted to see.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState it honesty wasn't an attention thing, "I" am on the path towards enlightenment & if being a vegetarian could speed up the process or if it were crucial for Enlightenment I would probably be doing it. Many of the answers were pretty bad in the past thread that "I" put out. The way "I" was looking for the answer is A Yes or No & here's why sorta guy myself...

Edited by Tony 845

When you become Enlightened, you naturally will know what you need. No Spoilers sorry :)

B R E A T H E

On 12/11/2018 at 8:34 PM, Tony 845 said:

I never really got a yes or No answer on if not eating meat is crucial for Enlightenment? It just turned into a big argument?

Ive heard Mooji still eats meat, but if you are "everything" then why would you want to eat any other creature? 

Sadguru is a big advocate on not eating meat..

I do not think it is crucial.

Mooji is right. you need to eat life to sustain life. 

“In the yogic culture, we have been telling you for ten thousand years that if you eat foods with a complex genetic code, your system will break down, one way or the other. We arrived at that not by doing million-dollar research, but just by observing what happens in our system when we eat. If you pay enough attention, you will know. Every creature does. A dog just knows what to eat and what not. Human beings do not know because they go by whatever information someone gives them, not by awareness of life.

So, do not make food some kind of a religion. If it is a question of survival, eat what is available. But when survival is taken care of, there is a choice. When you have a choice, you must eat sensibly, what is best for your system. The ideal fuel for your body is what leaves you alert, agile, and active. You could experiment. One day, just eat fruits; another day, just eat raw vegetables; yet another day, you cook the vegetables; then you eat fish, you eat meat – try out everything. With what kind of food you are experiencing maximum levels of energy and alertness, please eat that, and you will be healthy.”

https://isha.sadhguru.org/us/en/wisdom/article/what-to-eat-making-right-food-choices

That is solid advice. So the key is to not fall into an ideology of what is the right way to eat. What you want to do is experiment with yourself, listen closely to your mind-body, how does your body feel, how are you emotions in response to your diet, and be honest. :)

Edited by SgtPepper

Depends. At the end of the day all are creatures. We have even creatures that are hybrids, like algae. 

So maybe the most optimal would be algae and vegetals. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I don’t eat meat myself and all i can say is it enhances wakefulness in my practice. Not eating meat, or just eating it once every few weaks makes me feel lighter, more energized and more wakeful after eating. 

On 2018-12-12 at 5:34 PM, Tony 845 said:

@Salvijus just what I've heard...

Then i have strong doubt it's true.

On 12/12/2018 at 1:08 PM, DoubleYou said:

Who cares what others say, this is about you.

With every piece of meat you eat, ask the question:

Would I have been able to look this animal in they eye before killing it?

If yes, enjoy your meal. 

If not, enjoy your meal, but know that you're bullshitting yourself by letting someone else do it for you every day behind closed doors so that you dont have to suffer the reality of it. And that's okay too. Thats your choice :) Just be honest with yourself.

Conscious bullshit is already a lot better than unconscious bullshit.

Animals suffer every day because of your need to satisfy your taste buds. Theres no need for this, yet you do it anyway. Face this fully and then see what comes up. Really feel it out. If you're okay with it, then again, enjoy your meal. This is not about right or wrong. Its about your ability to be truthful with yourself.

Most people never even contemplate these ideas and so they get defensive when they are confronted with the outcomes of this unconscious behaviour. And eating meat doesnt have to be unconscious behaviour at all. A hunter knows what he's eating. Its all about the way you are relating to it.

Don't even think about enlightenment when you can't be honest to yourself about simple things like this. It gets a lot harder ;)

self inquiry, beautiful :) <3

We look for someone to give us guidance but the answers are all inside. Cannot be given the answers, just guidance on how to find your own. 

@Salvijus I've heard it 3/4 times now, even up on this thread ^^^ sorry to burst you're bubble.

Edited by Tony 845

@Tony 845

“Do you want to become a vegetarian after becoming Enlightened?”

That’s like asking: “Do you want to become a vegetarian after you die?”

It doesn’t make sense to me.