ZZZZ

5-meo-DMT tips

9 posts in this topic

For those of you that have taken 5-meo-dmt or been around those that have, what tips do you have for those interested in trying it for the first time? Particularly, are there any essential safety precautions to take?

Thx

1) It's better to plug the salt form than snort. Watch Leo's blog post on how to plug. Don't try smoking the salt form. 

2) Don't plug the freebase form - it would cause burning. It's best to smoke it or convert it to salt form.

3) Trip on an empty stomach to reduce nausea and body load.

4) Start with a low/moderate dose and work your way up.

5) You can intensify the experience by laying down with eyes closed. You can reduce intensity by sitting up and opening eyes.

@Serotoninluv Thanks. I'm assuming step 4 would involve dosing another time vs redosing in the same sitting? Is tolerance on par with psilocybin?

Relax to the very bottom of your being.

Release to the experience, do not resist what comes. 

There is a point where your heart will race, and this can manifest as fear. Release and relax into this, don't resist the feeling. Accept the process that is unfolding.

Allow your mind to not think, let it be, no need to figure it out. Let it be, go deeper, into the moment, let your thoughts fall to the side. Just being, no resistance.

Allow it to unfold.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I would say, after a significant opening, take a (long) break or stop, see how the experience will come back into your life naturally in time (it will), and then you can through just stillness go even deeper sober and know u don't need anything anymore.

I think if you do use more, you unnecessarily risk more imbalance in your daily life, people often already have a challenging time on the path of intensity without using anything, not that that is very different per se, but a mind that experiences it after 'drugs' can be more scared, and same for our culture, and arguably it is a 'forced opening', but it's special in and of it self, just don't rush things you know, just take it slow.

43 minutes ago, ZZZZ said:

@Serotoninluv I'm assuming step 4 would involve dosing another time vs redosing in the same sitting? Is tolerance on par with psilocybin?

Psilocybin has long-acting tolerance. It takes a week for it to substantially reduce and about 12 days to reset to zero.

5-meo-dmt tolerance is much shorter-acting. I think in the order of hours, definitely resets after a day. The 5-meo trip duration is really short - the peak is only about 10min. when plugged. IME, the time window is too short to say "Hmmm, this peak is a bit weak, let's boost it up". However, I have redosed after an hour to extend the "after glow". Yet, I did not get a second peak. 

If you are underwhelmed the first time with a low dose, I would just try it again the next day, or a few days later.

And if you can release/relax as @outlandish described above, the experience can be quite pleasurable in mid-dose ranges. I've gone places that were magnificently sublime as I melted into existence. Like what I would imagine heroine to be like. My first few trips at moderate doses were so relaxingly wonderful, I was concerned I may abuse the substance. Yet, I never felt any drug seeking energy or desire to escape with 5-meo. It's weird. I only do it when the occasional "calling" arises.

@Serotoninluv beautiful. My friend has recently misinformed me, claiming the duration is on par with mushrooms. Maybe the non-5 meo variety is longer? I'm not sure, but I'll stop being lazy and research it myself more soon. I guess all it takes is a reliable research chem vendor 

@outlandish yes, I look forward to this. I will be scared, but I will relax. 

Edited by ZZZZ

I highly recommend for any DMT or similar frequency experience to meditate for as long as comfortable afterwards. This allows you to integrate and be one with the state/experience much longer thus a more permanent result IMO. I noticed soon as you think or try to mentally grasp or talk, express/explain the experience that is when you reintegrate ego because you need ego to partake in physicality so you instantly lose grasping it there because at that moment you left that dimension by re-integrating Ego to interacting with this dimension. If you stay in a meditative state however and just be one with the experience even after its over, you can maintain this state as long as you want and in that state you are existing as purer awareness of who you truly are thus can understand/see everything and the longer you stay there in that natural state, the more you can reintegrate god consciousness. 2c

Ever noticed doing DMT with friends and jumping out straight back to the Ego and trying to explain to everyone 5th or higher dimensional concepts to a 3/4D world? Its just not happening. Its like someone who had an little Awakening and Thinks he has become Fully Enlightened permanently, unless you integrate and gradually build self, you will lose the purify and authenticity of the experience it as soon as your mouth opens unless you do years of mastery.

Do it alone and meditate, watch how much experience you retain but again don't try to explain to others, just be and live the example.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Thanks for the tips guys, very helpful.

Is a sitter necessary? Some online resources claim that periods of "unconsciousness" are uncommon, or that throwing up could be an issue.

Also, can a 5-meo trip be compared to psilocybin at all? What would a 5 mg dose of 5-meo be on par with? 1-2 tabs, or how many grams of shrooms? I know it is much less visual, etc. but I guess in terms of relative strength.