stevegan928

Truth For Truth's Sake Is A Load Of BS

45 posts in this topic

I wish to be a closedminded douche. Change my mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm literally crying right now the irony of that sentence overlaid above a steven crowder "change my mind" sign is just perfect.

@Leo Gura

I agree with @stevegan928 . If I ask you why you want the truth, surely it will come down to wanting fulfilment of that desire. Which is basically happiness.

Truth for truth’s sake doesn’t make much sense to me.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Truth for truth’s sake doesn’t make much sense to me.

you are right, it is nonsense :D

Having said that I do not assert truth as I do not assert happiness.

Edited by ground

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

A self will seek according to the image it has invented for itself and what set of images satisfies/validates its self imposed image. 

The self plays within the field of conditions. Psychological evolution of the me that strives to find answers that will bring about contentment/satisfaction/gradification. When limited to this falsity of psychological evolution the self fixes truth in time, and truth can never be fixed. 

Edited by Jack River

@stevegan928 no no no. Most humans care about not being unhappy - there's a difference - humans are innately happy, that is the natural state. That's the motivation for self development: to uncover all the bullshit in our lives and to recover our natural state. Ultimately that natural state is itself: Truth. In other words, to stop all suffering we need to recover our real selves. But most people don't even realise they need to do this and they go around like headless chickens all their lives and live with constant suffering.

All stories and explanations are false.

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Actually top motivational psychologists have examined the issue and concluded that there is in fact strong evidence for a truth drive distinct from drives for power and pleasure.

can you elaborate on that?

28 minutes ago, daniel695 said:

can you elaborate on that?

Well, they've examined the evidence of decades of behavioral experiments and there are many things that people do that don't give them pleasure, and can only be explained if there are other motivations at work -- motivations for power or for truth, for example, completely independent of whether obtaining those things gives pleasure.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

A self that seeks pleasure, (gratification in relation to its own self imposed image that it has sustained through memory) may ultimately find that the pursuit of pleasure is to deny joy(what is/truth) itself. 

There are many different ways a self gets caught in this pleasure game. The self in its structure is actually no different from the movement of desire pursuing pleasure. One unit in movement of the past/modified present/projected future(time-thought). 

A self may see the necessity/significance of freedom/liberation/truth, yet every step that self takes pushes WHAT IS farther away in time. That is the nature and function of thought. Motivation and action as a self seems to be limited to the field of time, which has its root in this reward and punishment image polarity. Divided action of psychological evolution. 

Edited by Jack River

The thing is... if you go for the Truth for happiness... you are actually going for happiness, trying to barter with life, to make a trade, to make effort in order to get paid, not really to find the One, the Truth.

But ironically... going for Truth for Truths sake does give you the deepest joy.

So its a mind twister. 

You know what, this is an interesting topic. But then, anything awesome you do in life will not be reached without going through a process. It could mean interconnected processes. Usually, when a person goes through the process, it will raise eyebrows. Most can't relate cause they've never done it. Most ppl just seek happiness for comfort and short term. Anything long lasting and fulfilling will not be comfortable at all.

Counter argument: If all humans care about is being happy, why arent they?

It's counter-intuitive, Truth for Truth's sake will give you the greatest Joy while Truth for Happiness's sake gonna give you the greatest suffering :D

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

I love truth.

In truth "I" ceases to exist.

To label it, as anything, even "happiness" would break the truth.

565f472d3df667cf4adf74fdae6a333a.gif

Edited by alankrillin

@Joyboy @Nexeternity @Jack River @Leo Gura

From what I gathered the spiritual seeker wants Truth for happiness. Someone who is enlightened understands Truth cannot have a reason, cannot be found in time , cannot be found in space, and cannot be explained. But my point was that from a seeker's perspective I think It's dishonest to say you seek Truth for Truth's sake. 

36 minutes ago, stevegan928 said:

@Joyboy @Nexeternity @Jack River @Leo Gura

From what I gathered the spiritual seeker wants Truth for happiness. Someone who is enlightened understands Truth cannot have a reason, cannot be found in time , cannot be found in space, and cannot be explained. But my point was that from a seeker's perspective I think It's dishonest to say you seek Truth for Truth's sake. 

I feel ya dude. 

Freedom without the limitations by time is the beginning of any honest/uncorrupted/sound exploration/investigation/inquiry. 

There is the ‘conditioned seeker’ limited my time(corruption of it’s self sustaining mechanical continuity) 

And there is the ‘unconditioned seeker’ that can explore without the mechanism of thought/time(bias-prejudice) (attachment/resistance/identification) preventing a coherence in the exploration. 

Edited by Jack River

To come to the whole means all fragmented movement(time) doesn’t fix its own implicit limit and projected end. 

When burdened by time thought will inherently fix the end/goal in accordance to the means/motive/path thought acted upon to attain/achieve its goal/end. 

Loop of time dude. 

Edited by Jack River