Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Tarpall

My vision for the future of humanity

68 posts in this topic

I dream of a future where robots do all the work. And everyone gets free money from the government every month. A nice big paycheck. Public transportation and health care are completely free. There are no more borders between nations. And crime doesn't exist because everyone is rich, fulfilled and loved. What's your vision? :D

Edit: Also free electricity, internet, phone calls & texting. Infinite batteries. No more cables. 

Edited by Eric Tarpall

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Interesting vision :) I can agree, that that would probably be a beautiful utopia.
But I'm not sure if people living in this world would be truly fulfilled and loved.
With all the freedom they got and no obligations, what are they going to do with all the free time on their hands?

That certainly seems like a nice vision, yet something different may arise.

During the Industrial Revolution, most people that machines and manufacturing would give people more free time to explore their interests, relax and live the good life. For example, people now had machines that washed their clothes and dishes for them  - allowing them more free time. And cars saved so much time conpared to hirse and buggies. . . 

Yet, society ended up working more hours, getting more stressed and developing more neurosis. 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

That certainly seems like a nice vision, yet something different may arise.

During the Industrial Revolution, most people that machines and manufacturing would give people more free time to explore their interests, relax and live the good life. For example, people now had machines that washed their clothes and dishes for them  - allowing them more free time. And cars saved so much time conpared to hirse and buggies. . . 

Yet, society ended up working more hours, getting more stressed and developing more neurosis. 

You don't believe we can heal ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

13 minutes ago, Katlicitas said:

With all the freedom they got and no obligations, what are they going to do with all the free time on their hands?

Hobbies, crafts, socializing, volunteer jobs etc. 

18 minutes ago, Strikr said:

I m crying tears of joy

Haha those type of songs use to make me cry but I have emotional armor now

16 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

people now had machines that washed their clothes and dishes for them  - allowing them more free time. And cars saved so much time conpared to hirse and buggies. . . 

I'm not sure about that. I've heard tales about people working 16 - 18 hours a day in clothing factories. Or cole mines. But I think 40 hours a week is still too much.

I saw dream that humans will no longer exist , but planet will be still here., stay positive! :D 

1 hour ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I'm not sure about that. I've heard tales about people working 16 - 18 hours a day in clothing factories. Or cole mines. But I think 40 hours a week is still too much.

Yes of course there were some working long hours. 

I’m thinking about overall work and busy-ness. Decades ago only one parent worked. A moderate incone was sufficient to raise a middle class family.  Today, both parents work to maintain that same level of quality of life. When we aren’t at our job, it still seems like work - busy running around doing errands, shopping for so many different things, chasing cheese. . . 

1 hour ago, Strikr said:

You don't believe we can heal ?

I believe we can. If the SD model holds up, societies will gradually raise their consciousness and heal. 

For example, the primary role of A.I. wouldn’t be to increase productivity so we can maximize profits (stage Orange). It would open opportunities to integrate and expand communities and to allow more people to awaken.

1 hour ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I dream of a future where robots do all the work. And everyone gets free money from the government every month. A nice big paycheck. Public transportation and health care are completely free. There are no more borders between nations. And crime doesn't exist because everyone is rich, fulfilled and loved. What's your vision? :D

Edit: Also free electricity, internet, phone calls & texting. Infinite batteries. No more cables. 

I wish it'd happen sooner :D

Edited by Salvijus

25 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes of course there were some working long hours. 

I’m thinking about overall work and busy-ness. Decades ago only one parent worked. A moderate incone was sufficient to raise a middle class family.  Today, both parents work to maintain that same level of quality of life. When we aren’t at our job, it still seems like work - busy running around doing errands, shopping for so many different things, chasing cheese. . . 

I believe we can. If the SD model hokds up, societies will gradually raise their consciousness and heal. 

For example, the primary role of A.I. wouldn’t be to increase productivity so we can maximize profits (stage Orange). It would open opportunities to integrate and expand communities and to allow more people to awaken.

I see the same

we have to remain strong, more strong.

futur will be brighter

???

The day robots do all the work you have been made expendable.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Strikr said:

I see the same

we have to remain strong, more strong.

futur will be brighter

???

Ok, then that will be my vision for the future of humanity. :)

If robots begin to work for us, wouldn't we be more inclined to laze around and not put any effort into anything? ? Will potential decline or progress? I suppose it all depends on how inspired people are to live life to its fullest extent.

Many rich citizens commit crimes.

Honestly I'm not too sure if having excess free recreational stuff would create global strength, love and happiness. Many times acquiring the most goods leads to destruction.

I think even if we were rewarded with all these things that are mere distractions, and had robots do our unfulfilling work, we would still find something to complain or worry about because happiness comes from within right? Not from the internet or external aids and insatiable novelties.

The human species is never satisfied.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Serotoninluv I do think we will definitely evolve and heal eventually as well. Many more people are waking up each day and this is so0o wonderful to see! ?

I try to focus on this rather than the ones who stay asleep of course. O.o

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

well the robots are not future anymore - especially in home automation you can have a vacuum cleaner robot, a smudgerobot, a mowing robot, you can homeautomtize your lighting your roller blinds your doors. you can have a washing machine a dryingmachine a dishwasher a fridge a printer three different kinds of external brains a 3d printer a dildo and an alexa - here you go.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The day robots do all the work you have been made expendable.

I guess then there's two options. The government gives me my free money or I become a criminal.

15 minutes ago, VioletFlame said:

Honestly I'm not too sure if having excess free recreational stuff would create global strength, love and happiness.

You do need some kind of suffering to contrast with the happiness. You can create that yourself by exercising and cold showering.

6 minutes ago, now is forever said:

a dildo

I would like to have a ''houshold'' robot that looks like teal swan. If she approves of that haha

2 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I would like to have a ''houshold'' robot that looks like teal swan. If she approves of that haha

i guess she would smile while sticking the dildo up your ass. hups beeep.

@Eric Tarpall Exactly, love the chills! Learning to love the cold as much as the comfy warmth. I love just sitting in the cold sometimes, embracing and surrendering to the sensation and challenging myself to see how long I can take it. :ph34r:

She said.

@now is forever Erry'day AI? Google and Siri, the invasive Hello Barbie and other unsettling AI figurines/dolls. All I can ponder is Twilight Zone.

We can create our own virtual suffering, suffering can be put in a pills 

Suffering can still be a part of our society if you all believe it is "needed".

we just need to transfert it.

the human mind has no limit, in all ways.

the karma is an idea.