Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pluto8

do nothing vs watching the watcher

7 posts in this topic

Based off of my research, these seem to be two of the main veins of meditation. When properly watching the watcher or being aware that you are aware does it basically become the same thing as doing nothing because, based off my research it kinda seems like the two are of the same vein? Or like, one will be claimed as the answer, but the other will also be claimed as the answer.

Both of em are pretty confusing lol. I have not even begun to figure out how to do nothing. Almost seems like you should not even try. O ya quick question, is there a difference between "watching the watcher" and "being aware that you are aware"?

Thanks for reading everyone,

-Ray :)

Edited by pluto8

Well it is both, you do nothing and you are watching the watcher and you are aware that it acts on its own and that his feelings, sensations of touch are not your sensations, but it really depends how deep into this you can go, I only experimented few times, not sure how far you can get with this. 

Is being able to watch the watcher(or be aware of it) something that takes a lot of mediation to be able to do or figure out? Once figured out or able to be done, are there immediate results? Or will an investment of significant time still be required?

Umm, purerogue, I was actually in the middle of typing this when I got the notification that you had responded to the post. So this is not a response to your post lol.

No , I did it while working, it takes taking control of certain part of your brain, I suppose and effect you gets depends depending on how good are you controlling it.

6 minutes ago, purerogue said:

No , I did it while working, it takes taking control of certain part of your brain, I suppose and effect you gets depends depending on how good are you controlling it.

interesting. thanks for the replies.

If so inclined,you can inquire.

Who is the watcher ?
What object or objects is it watching? Thoughts, sensations , breath
What is aware of the one watching the object?
If eyes are open,who or what sees the seer,seeing an object?
What is aware of the hearer hearing a sound?

Edited by who chit

Thanks for tips , will do next time , they are really good inquires, it was rather awkward  to watch how I talk with people, so I did not pay much attention to that. :D

Also my work requires constant actions , so it was already difficult enough to keep this state and not get thrown of and make errors at work, will try another time to observe better.