Anirban657

How can religion lead to God realisation?

34 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

Indoctrination is not only in religion but everywhere. You are not really open minded unless you are enlightened.

Actually, even Leo has said on his videos that someone that is enlightened can be in the early stages of Spiral Dynamics and vulnerable to dogma and superstition of the culture they have been exposed to. I agree.

The Buddha originally said that women should not be taught how to meditate. He only changed his mind after one of his followers convinced him otherwise. There are many other examples of enlightened people with erroneous beliefs.

1 minute ago, Matt8800 said:

I stand by my statements until someone can explain how practicing Mormonism, Christianity, Islam, etc can lead to realization of the True Self.

I was heavily indoctrinated by Christianity the first half of my life. Ive read the Bible, front to back, at least 7 times. Ive read almost every book by CS Lewis looking for a reason to think that Christianity was a valid belief. Not once, in 20 years, did I ever read about or hear anyone mention anything about the concept of the true self, awareness or non-duality.

How is following a belief system that does not teach the true self, awareness, mindfulness, meditation or non-duality helpful? Can explain how a Mormon's beliefs lead to the true nature of reality and the Self?

Well Hinduism teaches all the above that you mentioned. Read Bhagavad-Gita As It Is. Give it a try. There art no dogmas. It's just a conversation between Arjuna and Krishna, two friends who are fighting in a battle.

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

2 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

Actually, even Leo has said on his videos that someone that is enlightened can be in the early stages of Spiral Dynamics and vulnerable to dogma and superstition of the culture they have been exposed to. I agree.

The Buddha originally said that women should not be taught how to meditate. He only changed his mind after one of his followers convinced him otherwise. There are many other examples of enlightened people with erroneous beliefs.

Can you find the sutta it says buddh did not let woman learn meditation? Some of his earliest followers was actually woman,

In Theravada scriptures there are no such thing as Buddha did not teach woman

21 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

I was heavily indoctrinated by Christianity the first half of my life. Ive read the Bible, front to back, at least 7 times. Ive read almost every book by CS Lewis looking for a reason to think that Christianity was a valid belief. Not once, in 20 years, did I ever read about or hear anyone mention anything about the concept of the true self, awareness or non-duality.

Sorry to hear that you were indoctrinated...

I was an atheist before I watched Leo's videos. I agree with everything that Leo says.. I am just adding the word Krishna not as a person... I mean to say

Krishna=Truth=God=Nothingness=Consciousness

28 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

Well Hinduism teaches all the above that you mentioned. Read Bhagavad-Gita As It Is. Give it a try. There art no dogmas. It's just a conversation between Arjuna and Krishna, two friends who are fighting in a battle.

Ive read the Gita but didnt see anything about chanting to Krishna :)

35 minutes ago, Amanaki said:

Can you find the sutta it says buddh did not let woman learn meditation? Some of his earliest followers was actually woman,

In Theravada scriptures there are no such thing as Buddha did not teach woman

I cant find the exact source of that but its easy to find information to show that early Buddhism was misogynistic and this idea was supported by early Buddhists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Buddhism

Anyway, my point is that just because someone is enlightened doesnt mean that everything they believe is true.

Edited by Matt8800

13 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

Sorry to hear that you were indoctrinated...

I was an atheist before I watched Leo's videos. I agree with everything that Leo says.. I am just adding the word Krishna not as a person... I mean to say

Krishna=Truth=God=Nothingness=Consciousness

If that is true, Papaji could have just chanted "truth" for 20 years :)

10 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

I cant find the exact source of that but its easy to find information to show that early Buddhism was misogynistic and this idea was supported by early Buddhists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Buddhism

However, Buddha’s acceptance of a female monastic order and above all his unequivocal affirmation of their equality in intellectual and spiritual abilities in achieving the highest goals clearly establish a positive stance.

The text is from this PDF

https://vc.bridgew.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1923&context=jiws

In dhamma there is no gender discrimination, But there can have been early men in buddhism who did not want woman to learn, But Buddha never said no to teach woman :)

7 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

If that is true, Papaji could have just chanted "truth" for 20 years :)

@Matt8800 I am not speak about the word... You obviously cannot understand Nothingness but chanting that word. 

The Hare Krishna mantra is like the 5 second rule.. it activates the front part of the brain and increases will power. 

Bhakti is what is needed... Not chanting Hare Krishna only

15 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

How can religion lead to God realisation? 

Please comment and thank you! 

Since there is no god and any god is mere fiction that is really a good question. Why? Because it hints at the dependency of so called 'realization' or perception and belief.

I.e. cultivating belief may cause realization/perception that corresponds with belief.

Actually all has to do with conceptuality and intuition. One has to understand that intuition is no different from conceptuality and that conceptuality and the practice of a specific conceptuality, i.e. cultivation of belief, determines intuition that corresponds with conceptualiity.

All is fabricated and mentally fashioned. Nothing is real or true from its own side.

Edited by ground

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

6 hours ago, ground said:

Since there is no god and any god is mere fiction that is really a good question. Why? Because it hints at the dependency of so called 'realization' or perception and belief.

I.e. cultivating belief may cause realization/perception that corresponds with belief.

Actually all has to do with conceptuality and intuition. One has to understand that intuition is no different from conceptuality and that conceptuality and the practice of a specific conceptuality, i.e. cultivation of belief, determines intuition that corresponds with conceptualiity.

All is fabricated and mentally fashioned. Nothing is real or true from its own side.

@ground Who says there is no God? Did Leo say so? As far as I know he said God is Absolute Infinity.

Krishna=Absolute Infinite

Form=Formless

So if Absolute Infinity is formless then in form Absolute Infinity is Krishna

12 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

@ground Who says there is no God? Did Leo say so? As far as I know he said God is Absolute Infinity.

I am saying this and Leo is saying that. A third may say still something else. Who cares about who is saying what? And why?

12 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

@ground

Krishna=Absolute Infinite

Form=Formless

So if Absolute Infinity is formless then in form Absolute Infinity is Krishna

Krishna=cheeseburger

non-cheesy=cheesy

So if cheeseburger is cheesy then in non-cheesy cheeseburger is Krishna

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

@ground I can understand your frustration.

Discussion over.

7 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

@ground I can understand your frustration.

Discussion over.

Thanks for your understanding. :D