Dominic

Neurotic Holding Patterns

6 posts in this topic

Im a 22 year old male and my stomach is so tense (if I run my fingers over my stomach, I can hardly feel my fingers because my stomach is so numb). Even if I get into a deep meditative state and try and relax my body as much as I can, my stomach is still so tense. It’s only got worse as I’ve got older (I’ve had it for years and years) and this is the worst it’s ever been. I don’t breath as deeply as I know I could because there’s a contradiction: I’m preventing myself from breathing out (holding pattern) whilst trying to breathe in.

I’ve tried stretching and laying on a ball facedown which never works, and just hurts. I meditate daily it doesn’t loosen up. I’ve seen Leo’s video on relaxing the body, the repeating signals to release my stomach don’t work at all. It’s so frustrating trying everything and nothing at all is working.

Edited by Dominic

@non_nothing great suggestion, I'd add some epsom salt into the bath, at least 250g in one go. Get one of the giant 5kilo cheap packs not the expensive crap from Wholefoods. Very rich in magnesium and should help your muscles to relax. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Dominic Try this for instant release (it's no long time cure!!)

Then when you feel a little bit better;

- try Teal Swan Awareness Meditation

- try surrender technique like Sedona Method (Dwoskin) or Letting Go (Hawkins)

- try inner child or shadow work (can you relate your pain to a past childhood trauma)

I am no doctor and  I would suggest you to visit one, question is when it started, it seriously could be your diet, or some kind of   irritation from something at your house that cause allergy, maybe you drink to much carbonated drinks, there can be many reasons , so you can check yourself if any of these are the reason for your problem , others will need doctor help. 

Edited by purerogue