Beeflamb

Have I joined a cult?

47 posts in this topic

Or is this type of content at such a high level that everyday society has no means of grasping this information and simply labels it as a cult society?

What I've learned here at actualized has been very eye-opening and impactful in a way that lower level self-help has failed and failed. I feel lifted. Yet I find some outside sources trying to expose actualized.org which again makes me question my mental changes.

Perhaps I am putting too much of my faith into Leo after watching hours of his content, but it really sticks. Leo.... are you a master manipulator, or are we really living above and beyond the others?

@Beeflamb You do not hear or read between the lines

He is pointing towards the moon but you're looking at the finger. Actualized is the total opposite of a cult, because that is dogma

The best way to explain "Leo's" work for us is Nothingness in words, in a modern way to make it understandable

It is not so complicated to be honest, and still super complicated

When I read many of these posts on this forum I don't know whether I wanna laugh or cry, so many are so far away from what is really being said. 

yes leo is cult master, we pray for him every night as dicted in the manual of actualized.org fanatic

I tend to drink blood in his honor every morning, as he told me to do so.

but I feel sorry for him, he is only the shadow of big cult call'd .. a society, but we are working hard everyday, it ain't easy.

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

1 hour ago, Beeflamb said:

Perhaps I am putting too much of my faith into Leo after watching hours of his content, but it really sticks. Leo.... are you a master manipulator, or are we really living above and beyond the others?

No response from Leo would be able to convince anybody, given this question.
If he really was a master manipulator, would he admit it? If he did admit it, then only to fuck with your head.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Well. in life there are always risks you can take. as leo says, take information not only from him, but from 100s of other sources. prove and test things things in your own direct experience, take what you want from leo, and cross reference from other quality sources. 

much of what leo has said has seriously benefited my life. 

Edited by d0ornokey

you joined a cult the day you were born

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Beeflamb sorry, there's no ultimate authority other than your direct experience. you cannot rely on leo or anyone else to tell you if you're doing the right thing.

feel the quality of your life and let it alone be your guide.

unborn Truth

@Beeflamb

Lol. Have you watched any of his recent videos? He literally tells you to not believe a fucking word he says and to derive it yourself in your direct experience. That's the opposite of a cult. It's self-impowering information because that's the message behind every video. 

The reasons why a low-consciousness person would demonize Leo should be very obvious to you. If not, then you need more work to do. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Beeflamb I would recommend exploring a variety of techniques and teachers - and pursuing those that resonate with you. I’d recommend not becoming attached or identified with any one technique or teacher. Each provides a partial truth for you.

People will resonate with different teachings and teachers, depending on one’s level of development.

@Beeflamb

If we were a cult, you probably wouldn't get very honest answers.

What does your intuition tell you?

The cult of logic. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Part of me wants to troll you, but I won't.

No this is not a cult because there is no coercion or requirements to be a part of this forum. You can leave anytime you want, theres no secret knowledge, not really any hierarchies besides moderators, Leo, and of course as a community we voluntarily focus on notable people on this forum because of the wisdom in their previous posts. 

OF COURSE, if you do not buy into non-dualism, the techniques, and overall philosophy, or at least consider it with an open mind like the majority of us in here, and you come on this forum to intentionally be disruptive and act like close-minded ass, then you get banned. Not because it's a cult, but because as a community we find those individuals annoying, disrespectful, close-minded, and misinformed. In the same way you'll get kicked out of a university lecture if you walk in there acting like an arrogant ass. 

You're gonna have to find out for yourself if this community is for you, knowing the difference between a passionate group and cult definitely requires some subtle distinctions.

Here are some videos about cults that can help you decide whether you think this community is anything like it. Which to me, it absolutely is not, but don't take my word for it.

Edited by SgtPepper

Leo is trying his hardest not to let people turn actualized.org into a religion let alone a cult. Nowadays half of the videos directly address the issue of turning actualized.org into an ideology at the end. 

All ideologies are cults, but that is not the point :) 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

12 hours ago, Rilles said:

you joined a cult the day you were born

Oooh, that’s a good one 

13 hours ago, Beeflamb said:

Or is this type of content at such a high level that everyday society has no means of grasping this information and simply labels it as a cult society?

What I've learned here at actualized has been very eye-opening and impactful in a way that lower level self-help has failed and failed. I feel lifted. Yet I find some outside sources trying to expose actualized.org which again makes me question my mental changes.

I know the feeling. I'd give you the following advice. For a while do not listen to any more nondual stuff. No more metaphysical model and theories. Those may or may not be a "cult", you never know.
Just try to actually 'practice' and verify things in your direct experience. Ground your 'understanding' in your own direct experience. Once you have don that you'd know whether or not you have joined a cult. 

Having said that, every way of life is a cult. Some are bigger than others, that's all. 

On 10-12-2018 at 4:44 PM, Beeflamb said:

I think a distinction can be made between the self-help and the spiritual (enlightenment etc.) part. The self-help is grounded in the physical world and offers a lot of help with coping and flowering in the world. This is not really up to debate. 

The spiritual part however is grounded in the mental world. There are different views on enlightenment and Leo, and a lot of people in this community, hold that there is an absolute, which is consciousness and everything is in this. In that sense, they are denying the physical world to exist out of material. For them the absolute is truth and the rest is wrong. This view clashes with other views on enlightenment and that is why other people want to 'expose' actualized. Everybody thinks they are right and others, who think or perceives things differently, are wrong. Some claim the truth and the rest looks for the truth. However, you could also grow plants or go fishing.

On 10-12-2018 at 4:50 PM, QandC said:

@Beeflamb You do not hear or read between the lines

He is pointing towards the moon but you're looking at the finger. Actualized is the total opposite of a cult, because that is dogma

The best way to explain "Leo's" work for us is Nothingness in words, in a modern way to make it understandable

It is not so complicated to be honest, and still super complicated

When I read many of these posts on this forum I don't know whether I wanna laugh or cry, so many are so far away from what is really being said. 

The dogma here is absolute. If you claim something else than absolute, you will find a moderator or Leo to come and correct you pretty fast.

10 hours ago, graded24 said:

I know the feeling. I'd give you the following advice. For a while do not listen to any more nondual stuff. No more metaphysical model and theories. Those may or may not be a "cult", you never know.
Just try to actually 'practice' and verify things in your direct experience. Ground your 'understanding' in your own direct experience. Once you have don that you'd know whether or not you have joined a cult. 

Sound advice, thanks. Sometimes it's good to take a step back and get grounded in direct experience.