Sven

Sincerely Serene Insights

6 posts in this topic

This journal is really rather just for myself and I feel kinda bad if people were to waste time on it by reading it :P I don't mean to say it's not intended to be valuable. But it's just my own insights- We can hear the greatest quote a million times, but it only really matters if it hits home.

Leo has a video called "Learning = Behavior Change". Such a simple concept, but really, how many of us read interesting stuff online, maybe here on the forum, and then do nothing with it? This is because the information is useless until it becomes of your own experience.

Anyway. So far for the introduction of this journal. Any insight I've had I'll post here, including a brief description of said insight- not sure where this will lead yet but who knows. Nothing's really a mistake if you learn from it. At least I got some motive to keep facing "myself".

"Resistance keeps us from being who we really are"

Everything happens for a reason- bullshit? Well- just take this axiom for granted for now and see what happens when you don't resist emotions, situations, people, judgments, ego backlashes... list is endless. Take this axiom and see how it influences your authenticity. The opposite of resistance is acceptance.

I feel resistance in my body e.g. in arms, shoulders. Body awareness to let go of resistance- ongoing practice of letting go of body tension during meditation

Resistance.PNG

Edited by Sven

"Habit is the force of ego."

The one without a set-in-stone identity is free- and can choose freely anything in the mind to arise or not to arise.

Things are what they are. Trying to describe them by making distinctions is not going to supply an actual answer. Distinctions are inherent in language and thus to understand is to go beyond language and thought. Most lessons come not through thought, but through experience. When you listen to a beautiful piece of music, there is really nothing to describe the music except for listening to it, and thus experiencing it directly.

Edited by Sven

There is no need to have an emotional response to the story of life situations. When there is the concept of an ego backlash, this should not be of any problem at all. Awareness of and through emotions, thoughts and perceptions accompanied by any form of "egoic response" will dismantle any damage these seeming negative situations could cause when one is too involved in the story. Furthermore, conclusions on anything based in a low vibrational state will never provide any answers as they do not come from a place of high awareness.

Simple, light, non-judged, constant, pure, whole, untouched awareness will disolve and dismantle any seeming negative situation.

2 days ago I experienced myself letting go of resistance to a cold shower. The temperature may affect the physical body, may affect emotions, may affect mental states, but the temperature will not affect awareness. The exercise caused a strong feeling of euphoria and laughter, as the resistance to the cold temperature had in that moment been overwon.

"Shifting from being a person recognising awareness, to being awareness recognising the person."

"You don't have to worry, because everything that is a true, genuine inspiration from your soul into this life, will remain and only amplify itself."

Edited by Sven