Amanaki

Letting go of the thought (seach for) enlightenent

16 posts in this topic

I have noticed a lot of people here talk about enlightenment and about experieances in Enlightenment.

Why is there so much clinging to the thought of it? The first we must let go is the thought of ego. there is no "self"  With still clinging to self one will not experience enlightenment. :)

Letting the search for enlightenment go is one of the last things people generally let go of, which is why it is so. We might also see enlightenment us as the ego, like an ego improvement thing only. While striving for it, the reasons to move forward start to switch. I like a saying of "use what works until it doesn't, it will all fail in the end". 

@Amanaki Answer me this: why would a normal person (ego-centered) be interested in enlightenment? Because  the loss of self arises OUT OF enlightenment, is enlightenment, what would be the motivation to get there in the first place? 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

To a self/ego, seeking to ‘achieve’ “enlightenment” is no different than a self/ego looking to achieve success/gratification/satisfaction in an “experience”. 

The self/ego strives to become something in time.  

Edited by Jack River

4 minutes ago, Jack River said:

To a self/ego, seeking to ‘achieve’ “enlightenment” is no different than a self/ego looking to achieve success/gratification/satisfaction in an “experience”. 

The self/ego strives to become something in time.  

Fosho. The mind  takes all the “time” it thinks it needs to attain freedom. Because in reality it can think of a million reasons why it’s not ready. 

The self finds pleasure in jumping through all sorts of hoops and continuously points the finger at others instead of accepting responsibility for creating all of the obstacles 

43 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Amanaki Answer me this: why would a normal person (ego-centered) be interested in enlightenment? Because  the loss of self arises OUT OF enlightenment, is enlightenment, what would be the motivation to get there in the first place? 

Enlightenment is the result of the "path" one must first "walk" it to gain the inner wisdom that will be the enlightenment moment, One can not put the resut first then say that is what i want. First step is always letting go of human thinking and attachments to life as human being.

17 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Fosho. The mind  takes all the “time” it thinks it needs to attain freedom. Because in reality it can think of a million reasons why it’s not ready. 

The self finds pleasure in jumping through all sorts of hoops and continuously points the finger at others instead of accepting responsibility for creating all of the obstacles 

He self is such a trickster heh. 

1 minute ago, Amanaki said:

Enlightenment is the result of the "path" one must first "walk" it to gain the inner wisdom that will be the enlightenment moment, One can not put the resut first then say that is what i want. First step is always letting go of human thinking and attachments to life as human being.

That assumes a linear “path”. That is one perspective with some truth, yet it’s not necessarily like that for every being. 

There is nothing to be ready for, you either want want to change and feel better or you don 't, you want to explore , or you do not want to, Enlightenment is not some kind of magic place , where you can live rest of eternity as you please, Enlightenment is place where you get when you want to escape this world, take it as you want.

20 minutes ago, Amanaki said:

To me the path and the self go hand and hand. One unit in movement of attachment to thought-(the entity-past/modified present/projected future).

A continuous depending to progressively/gradually cultivate its way to freedom through a map/means/its own time bound continuity(thought).  

The momentum of the self gets its substance from this compulsion to conform too and work progressively chipping away; by applying what the pre-established path has advised(techniques/practices/knowledge). 

In reality the self has been in one way or another on a path since “it’s beginning”. A continuous movement of cultivating knowledge/experience to end its psychological confusion/suffering. 

Once it’s seen that the path a self walks nourishes “self”, then that is beginning of freedom.

Is it necessary for us to walk a path to get this liberation? Or is it a fact that that is why we are not free? 

Or does it take looking at the whole picture of how the path and the self are one unit in movement of attachment/resistance/identification(time)? 

Can there be a seeing that in order for there to be total and complete action there must be a stepping out of the river of time? 

Edited by Jack River

17 minutes ago, Amanaki said:

No, you're not getting it. "Letting go of human thinking and attachments to life as a human being" is quite a process, and actually lies FARTHER down the path than a Samadhi or enlightenment experience. What you're describing as the beginning is the embodiment of years of work and many enlightenment experiences. 

If this is still unclear, I recommend watching Leo's recent video on the 10 Ox-herding pictures. :)

Sent from my iEgo

OP, you are not even liberated.

STOP giving bad advice to seekers.

2 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

No, you're not getting it. "Letting go of human thinking and attachments to life as a human being" is quite a process, and actually lies FARTHER down the path than a Samadhi or enlightenment experience. What you're describing as the beginning is the embodiment of years of work and many enlightenment experiences. 

If this is still unclear, I recommend watching Leo's recent video on the 10 Ox-herding pictures. :)

If you thinking that every realization you gain in the cultivation path as an enlightenment then you are more or less correct. But an full enlightenment example to a Tataghata level are two ways to gain.  Exmple Buddha Shakyamuni used 6 years to reach full enlightenment to tataghata. But if the enlightenment is Arahant it can less time. And it also depend on your frutaition of inner wisdom.

Samadhi is only one stage of enlightenment.

1 hour ago, Blissout said:

OP, you are not even liberated.

STOP giving bad advice to seekers.

I can give advice to the level of wisdom i have attained, but not of higher wisdom level.

If what i say does not fit the path you are on then it is ok to not listen to my understanding of the truth of enlightenment. :)

Edited by Amanaki

6 minutes ago, Amanaki said:

If you thinking that every realization you gain in the cultivation path as an enlightenment then you are more or less correct. But an full enlightenment example to a Tataghata level are two ways to gain.  Exmple Buddha Shakyamuni used 6 years to reach full enlightenment to tataghata. But if the enlightenment is Arahant it can less time. And it also depend on your frutaition of inner wisdom.

Samadhi is only one stage of enlightenment.

Correct. We were just using different definitions for "enlightenment." I was thinking more along the lines of your first "enlightenment experience," which is almost never fully-realized. The point I was trying to make is that you cannot stop identifying with the mind FULLY without first having an enlightenment/awakening experience, which involved complete ego death/dissociation and surrender to the present moment. The early path to enlightenment is ego-driven, as it must. Only after you awaken can you understand how to let go and why that's important. I'm using terms loosely, but I think we mostly agree :)

Sent from my iEgo

1 minute ago, TheAvatarState said:

Correct. We were just using different definitions for "enlightenment." I was thinking more along the lines of your first "enlightenment experience," which is almost never fully-realized. The point I was trying to make is that you cannot stop identifying with the mind FULLY without first having an enlightenment/awakening experience, which involved complete ego death/dissociation and surrender to the present moment. The early path to enlightenment is ego-driven, as it must. Only after you awaken can you understand how to let go and why that's important. I'm using terms loosely, but I think we mostly agree :)

Yes we are agree :)

I have heard there is two ways one can reach enlightenment, Sudden enlightenment happens right away where you reach full potential

and gradually where you gain higher and higher enlightenment until you reach the very top, this in my understanding was Buddha Shakyamunis way of enlightenment, and the most common way of enlightenment