SpaceCowboy

Revenge on people who hurt you

12 posts in this topic

Does it make sense to take revenge on people who have hurt you? 

Afterward, my empathy kicks in and I find that I always feel guilty. 

you'll be more fulfilled when you are kinder to people and not hurting them 

1 hour ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Does it make sense to take revenge on people who have hurt you? 

The sweetest revenge is connecting with your heart, let them hit you (energetically speaking), they will hit a wall, and you progress in every aspect and the won't if they stick to hatred. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I have found that the best "revenge" is through love, gratitude and kindness. Like the old saying to "kill with kindness".

Also, when you are following your deepest life passion out of love and not out of hatred or spite or fantastical superiority over the predator, consider this to be an act of healthy retaliation.

Forgiving the unforgivable may seem unreachable but if you can learn to let go of anger and give up on resentment, because you will realize it is only causing more harm and disturbance to you, then your pain will transition to love and you will feel free from a cage.

The more peace in your heart, the more free you will feel and become.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Sahil Pandit Yes this is a wonderful technique. ❤️

Once we can write them down, we are ready to fully release these things we cling onto.

Also safely and responsibly burning the paper after letting out everything you needed to I find is quite powerful.

Maybe reciting some things out loud, shed some tears or sit with it for a little while, you can watch the paper as it turns to ash and this is the act of inviting new beginnings into your life and fully letting it all go.

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

The best revenge against a manipulative asshole is to work on your assertiveness skills.  The trick is you gotta be both assertive and not an asshole about it at the same time.  The truth melts those kinds of people.  The problem is nobody has the balls to speak the truth around a manipulative asshole.  Telling the truth is not a hostile act, yet they will act that way because that’s their weakness.  You gotta be willing to deal with the consequences of being assertive and telling the truth, which requires a certain degree of personal development and courage.  But once you buy into an assertive life, it just starts to happen automatically without you really having to think too much about it.  You’ll just blurt things out because you’ve developed a policy of not lying.  It’s easy to communicate when you’re always straightforward and not having to always manage being deceptive.  And then you just let the chips fall where they may.  One of the mistakes people make is they don’t learn how to be assertive much earlier in life.  It’s your right to live a truthful life.  Every time you decide to not be assertive, that’s on you not the other person.  See, you gotta own that part of it.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

energetically speaking, you project your negative energy towards who created that in you. 

pacifists will say that its your interpretation and thoughts who created the anger or frustation, other say its not your faul but the other person who triggered you.

either way repressing anger and frustration is bad for you, and I suspect produces cancer.