Zakee hinnant

Meditating everyday for 3-5 hours

41 posts in this topic

Buddha did not seek enlightenment in it self, buddha seeked answer to end human suffering and founf answer in 4 noble truth and the 8 folded path.

Meditation was only the tool to see clearly what needed to be done, enlightenment is not the goal, it is the result of letting go of all attachments to human life. life is suffering because we clinging to what we want and what we do not want.

when realizing that when w stop hunting for what we want, it suddenly lay right in front of us.

You also need to understand that there is no self : self = ego 

Edited by Amanaki

Grasp this and you will never have any "problems":

quote-when-i-run-after-what-i-think-i-want-my-days-are-a-furnace-of-stress-and-anxiety-if-rumi-52-85-36.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Amanaki damn I love this forum I thought I knew everything before y’all woke me up to new things it’s crazy how I thought that I knew everything about life

Life as spiritual is to understand the origin and to go back to it :) 

some call it awardness other call it consiousness or nothingness. but this Physical world of our is made up by our attachments and our clinging to life as we are tought it to be so it is  not the true life 

Edited by Amanaki

2 hours ago, Zakee hinnant said:

@winterknight so 5 hours of self inquiry is better than meditation I’m so new to this enlightment thing ?

Self-inquiry is itself a form of meditation -- the most effective kind for many people. Meditation just means concentration, and self-inquiry is concentration on the knowledge that "I am" -- while stripping away all the things that that feeling wrongly attaches itself to.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

What exactly did Rumi mean by his own place of patience. Did he mean what is obvious or is there some sort of deeper method there? Know what I mean? I just want to make sure what he said is as easy to understand as I think it is basically.

May someone elaborate a bit on why what he said is true? Or, would elaborating on it decrease its effectiveness??

What if, after you hear of that quote by Rumi, you start sitting in patience as a way to go after what you want? Know what I mean?

Shouldn't be a meditation vs self-inquiry thing.

Thats a very this or that mentality.

If one of those works, good for you, if both of those works, good for you.

Follow what works for you, no single technique applies to everyone.

Leo would probably recommend both. Meditation is good for silencing the mind, self inquiry is good for deconstructing thoughts.

9 hours ago, winterknight said:

@winterknight I agree. It seems as though, the more simple the better. This one technique exposes the observer. And you can't get stuck! Who is the one who is observing you being stuck?

So many stupid comments.

Meditation leads to pure awareness which leads to self realization = the end of suffering and living in peace and bliss all eternity.

Seriously, do the people of this forum really don't have understanding what it is to realize one's true nature?

I advice to read the ancient text than forming your own opinion what liberation is and isn't.

Edited by Blissout

Practice is important but the mindset with which you go into this whole thing is much more important. That you want enlightenment so badly is not a bad thing. Keep practicing. But also as mentioned before, read a lot! Read so you understand what is really at play here and your psychological approach will adapt. Take your time. Don't rush it, there is plenty of time :) And keep that motivation, it will bring you very far. At one point you will have to let go of the understanding and the desire but you will know when. Until then it is required. 

Get the booklist, everything you need to know is in there. When your mind gets too much, don't forget to feel, to breathe and to be alive in your body.

Keep doing it, i'm on 10h+. Stop inquiring, is for pussies. Ramana Maharshi ramained unenlightened. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Overdoing sds might make you progress too fast. Like forcing yourself into enlightenment, i did sds for 1-8 hours almost every day for 4 months couple years ago and got a legit non-dual experience and it spooked my ego so much, that i quit all this enlightenment shit for a while. But every brain is wired differently, might work for you, might not. Try multiple different techniques, but stick to one for minimum one month and maybe combine multiple strategies. sds with do nothing, sds with self-inquiry, sds while focusing on an object like a cup or some shit like that. For me what felt most uncomfortable was the way to go. Like in video games, if there's enemies(fear), you're going to the right direction xD but remember to not be too serious, be playful, laugh at yourself. This is so comical, mindfucking, paradoxical shit. It's hilarious

@Zakee hinnant Work on your attachments, including getting results from meditation. Let go and accept everything and anything. 

Just commit yourself to what the Buddhists call "right action" and let happen whatever the universe brings to happen.

Keep untangling attachments, let go and accept. You will make progress.

4 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Zakee hinnant Work on your attachments, including getting results from meditation. Let go and accept everything and anything. 

Just commit yourself to what the Buddhists call "right action" and let happen whatever the universe brings to happen.

Keep untangling attachments, let go and accept. You will make progress.

Good advice :)

Don't worry about "brain rot", it may not have felt like you got results from all those hours, it may not feel that way, but you did make progress. Instead of these 3-5 hour marathons daily, I'd start with 20 minutes a day and then just live life and focus on your purpose. Bump it up to 40, then 60 after 6 - 12 months and then do a retreat every 6 months if you can. You're falling into the trap of the Obsessive on the Mastery path, trying to do too much, too soon all at once. This work is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy yourself, take it slow, and build yourself up when you feel ready

@Zakee hinnant Meditation in general does not work. Here’s why. The goal of meditation is “quieting your mind”, otherwise known as no-mind. And granted, after a few years of hard work, you could reach there.

But even after you are able to achieve no-mind, that will only be in your meditation. Outside of your meditation, because you can’t maintain focus, your mind will come running back. And even if you could hold your focus whilst walking, it’s impractical to hold it for the rest of your life. You need to focus on other things on certain occasions. So the dream of living your whole life in ecstasy, will be broken.

Your journey was doomed from the very start.

In order to live the “ecstatic” life, you need to detach from your mind, not silence it. And meditation cannot do that for you.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Also check out Kriya Yoga, Leo has some insanely good book on his booklist. Check them out and see if you resonate. Then commit to doing it for at the very least 30min a day for a year and clean up your diet. Assess the results. If it's not right for you, move on.

On 12/9/2018 at 7:24 AM, GeoLura said:

Overdoing sds might make you progress too fast. Like forcing yourself into enlightenment, i did sds for 1-8 hours almost every day for 4 months couple years ago and got a legit non-dual experience and it spooked my ego so much, that i quit all this enlightenment shit for a while. But every brain is wired differently, might work for you, might not. Try multiple different techniques, but stick to one for minimum one month and maybe combine multiple strategies. sds with do nothing, sds with self-inquiry, sds while focusing on an object like a cup or some shit like that. For me what felt most uncomfortable was the way to go. Like in video games, if there's enemies(fear), you're going to the right direction xD but remember to not be too serious, be playful, laugh at yourself. This is so comical, mindfucking, paradoxical shit. It's hilarious

Fear is always progress and why u quit isn’t it degrees of enlightment why u didnt keep going are u atleast meditating for a little bit everyday now?