Zakee hinnant

Meditating everyday for 3-5 hours

41 posts in this topic

Can doing strong determination sitting for 3-5 hours make u enlightened I’m just asking because I having been getting no results from sds for 3-5 hours not even peace am I failure ? Is something wrong with me ?i think peace and enlightment is all just a genetic thing ?

Edited by Zakee hinnant

Try doing a different approach. Don’t get stuck pursuing one technique. You sound like you have an awesome drive. Remember, enlightenment is getting where you already are. Right here. Not elsewhere. It’s right here. It’s true right now. Console yourself. Don’t beat yourself up. If you’re not getting good results fishing in pond #1, try pond #2. You’re not a failure. Just remind yourself your seeking something true that’s in plain sight. Keep going and don’t be harsh with yourself and spend some of that time just accepting yourself, even if you don’t know what that is. Console yourself, chin up, shed some tears of frustration if you need to (really, get that out of your system. I can imagine you may have a lot of pent up frustration so it’s important to release that and then accept yourself) and then stand back up, get back on the trail, keep your head up and continue your climb up the mountain.

Much love to you :x

If you trying to become enlighten thru meditation you will not succeed :) when you stop trying and you realize what you seeking is empty you will see that with forcing you self toward enlightenment it will never happen :) When you sitting in meditation you dont seek, but you only observe with no thoughts not intention then you open up to inner wisdom :)

So my advice is stop trying, only sitt in silence and observe. if a thought comes "look" at it and notice the emotions that may arise, then you let go of the tought. in time you will experience that your mind will go empty and all there is is emptyness :) you exist but you do not cling to anything 

So how did Buddhist monks become enlightened they did self inquiry? I thought they did Meditation?

Edited by Zakee hinnant

Just now, Zakee hinnant said:

So how do monks become enlightened they do self inquiry I thought they did Meditation?

Enlightenment isn’t bound in a technique 

So why do monks spend all day meditating at first leo said long retreats then he said meditation doesn’t get u enlightened and now self inquiry so is self inquiry a route I should just take for enlightment cause if it is I’ll just do that?

meditation is only a part of the spiritual"path" toward enlightenment, you ust also recieve propper teaching, in Theravada Buddhism it is the historical Buddha Sakyauni that gave the teaching we follow. and to become closer to understand what enlightenment is and how to become enlighten one must let go of all human attachments like greed, anger, likes. dislikes, envy, sadness and so on, it does not mean one become cold :) it means one accept the life as it is no matter what comes your way.

But in a short post like this it is impossible to explain fully what enlightenment is

You need to do more research. Buy the booklist and buy 5-10 books on enlightenment. Start doing your homework.

@Amanaki ur 100%right I know what enlightment is I saw all leo videos but I just wanna know if I should just switch to self inquiry cause my goal is to be enlightened not to get some bliss 

Edited by Zakee hinnant

@Amanaki ur 100%right I know what enlightment is I saw all leo videos but I’m just wanna know if I should just switch to self inquiry cause my goal is to be enlightened not to get some bliss 

NO NO NO NO NO NO If you haven't had an enlightenment experience, you don't know.

Enlightenment is bliss :) enlightenment means blowing out. what you experience when enightenment happens is pure joy because you no longer clinging to earthly living. it is purly spiritual

Please let’s not make this complicated should I keep doing meditation for enlightment or switch to self inquiry just tell me which one please that’s all I want to know ?

Please let’s not make this complicated should I keep doing meditation for enlightment or switch to self inquiry just tell me which one please that’s all I want to know ?

Enlightenment is a complicated thing and also dead simple. If you're not willing to understand and learn and research a very nuanced field, you're in the wrong field

2 minutes ago, Zakee hinnant said:

So why do monks spend all day meditating at first leo said long retreats then he said meditation doesn’t get u enlightened and now self inquiry so is self inquiry a route I should just take for enlightment cause if it is I’ll just do that?

Different practices will work for different people.

Ultimately there is no practices, because they all lead to the same place -> basking in your own intimate presence.
This you cannot do when your identified to the mind, this is why you need focused meditation in the beginning,
To learn that you aren't the mind.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Lol I just noticed that if u do hours of meditation and don’t get results your mind is molded it’s so crazy how I let my mind mold I wish my family would’ve told me about this when I was young but that’s how screwed up society is even churches couldn’t tell me and there spiritual lol

stop seeking enlightenment, if you want it that badly it will never happen 

Personallyi have meditated for 20 years and not a singel moment has been to become enlighten. only meditation to calm the mind toward empty mind

@kieranperez it’s crazy how I letted my mind rot man I cant even be peaceful for 5 minutes

Edited by Zakee hinnant

@Amanaki ok but why not seek it we only got 1 life right that’s just like someone telling me I could’ve went to the nba but decided to stop playing basketball when I won a college championship idk bout y’all but I want to be enlightened before I die and Buddha seeked it why can’t we?

Edited by Zakee hinnant