Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tistepiste

Determination - What keeps you going in this path?

9 posts in this topic

This has been my greatest flaw.

I don't see direct benefits of meditating. If anything, I would only see some small improvements maybe after weeks / months.
Because I am so accustomed with instant gratification, due to today's technology, it is very hard to keep on being motivated.

So my question to you, is, what keeps you motivated?

Is it your own direct experience as a proof of the path being worthwhile?
Is it Leo's video's?
Is it anecdotal stories of others?
Is it a desperate way to control your life and redirect it to a better path?
Is it just out of interest?

Cheers

I have done vipassana meditation for nearly 20 years but i can tell you that there is a lot to still grasp, meditation is in my experiance a slow prosess if one does not dedicate the life to only this (monastic life) 

My experiance is that a lot of my attachments has been faiding away because of the medittion practice. 

You ask about desperate way to control your life? in meditation there is no controlling of life, it is letting go of the old habbits and attachments to physical and mentally hindrences :)

Example can be if you craving something and you must have it day oafter day. that is a hug attachment that with practicing meditation can be reduced or even faided totally away.

As a Buddhist my meditation practice is a way of letting go of all the attachments to physical life. But not everyone can go this path

@Tistepiste Having a real glimpse of your true nature will motivate you more than anything else. When you see it, it is beyond anything you thought of before. This intrinsic awesomeness and beauty of reality will draw you towards it because it is the truest there is.

Now, many people might have told you the same. Either this is enough for you to stay on the path or it isn't. As soon as there are glimpses, this will give you the push you need for being more serious. Not guaranteed though of course, every psyche is different. I think Tolle said if you glimpse it once there is no going back. Even if the journey takes your whole life and many years of ignoring it. I think this might be true. 

I'm not directly recommending this to you, but psychedelics seem to be most fruitful when it comes to taking a look at what lies ahead. Research them thoroughly if you're interested.

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

@peanutspathtotruth I have tried psychedelics. Truffles to be more precise.
Tonight I will do Atlantis Truffles. Have you taken them?

And I am actually reader Tolle. But thanks for the reply, it was beautiful to read.

@Amanaki Thank you. 20 years of meditation is a long time. Very interesting.

Truth shall keep you going no matter what, and if you don´t know what Truth with capital T is, that should be more than enough to keep you going anyways ;)

Edited by Greatnestwithin

@Tistepiste Determination - What keeps you going in this path?

Nothing :) 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

What keeps you distracted? 

Do you know what you are? Do you know how this awareness works or where is it coming from? What is more important or more interesting than figuring out who you are? 

Deep down everybody wants peace, joy, love, excitement, satisfaction and beauty. Everybody wants to be whole. Is there any way to truly get these "things" from the outside world? 

Suffering kept me going at first. Meditation made my mind peaceful and the elevated awareness felt good. Then i stopped and went back to normal routines, because i was peaceful and the ego thought that "phew, now i can go back to being unconscious again". Then the suffering naturally came back at some point, and i remembered that being aware was much better than this. That cycle went on for like a year or so. At some point i had a little glimpse of enlightenment by accident, and that kept me going until i was "done".

1 hour ago, Tistepiste said:

@peanutspathtotruth I have tried psychedelics. Truffles to be more precise.
Tonight I will do Atlantis Truffles. Have you taken them?

And I am actually reader Tolle. But thanks for the reply, it was beautiful to read.

@Amanaki Thank you. 20 years of meditation is a long time. Very interesting.

Practicing meditation is not only sitting down but can be done in every situation in life :)  Awardness arise when one have done sitting meditation daily for long time :)

Sometimes i can sit 30 minutes other times i can sit 3 hours.