Garuda

Joe Rogan taking a dig at Leo?

51 posts in this topic

The only people I want to see Rogan have on:

1. Ken Wilber
  2. Peter Ralston  
  3. Leo
  4. Martin Ball

I think those 4 would resonate and do well with Rogan. I think the 2 I’d count out seeing is Ralston and maybe Martin Ball (as in I think he may have a shot, but it’d be a long one at best). I’d love to see Wilber on and I think he’d be by far the most likely on that list to make it.

3 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

The only people I want to see Rogan have on:

1. Ken Wilber
  2. Peter Ralston  
  3. Leo
  4. Martin Ball

I think those 4 would resonate and do well with Rogan. I think the 2 I’d count out seeing is Ralston and maybe Martin Ball (as in I think he may have a shot, but it’d be a long one at best). I’d love to see Wilber on and I think he’d be by far the most likely on that list to make it.

Why?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I'd say, the amount of gossip on this forum is too damn high lately

Apply consciousness to the burned area

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Don't be coy.  You hit a wall. That's ok.  You should be ok with being open all the time though.  It's called assertiveness.  It's called not giving a sh*t what people think and just outing your picture. 

I have no idea what you’re talking. I don’t know what you’re asking “why?” about. I don’t play coy so please don’t place that bullshit on me. I don’t know what you’re questioned is aimed at. Are you asking why did I pick these 4 people? Are you asking why about a particular statement I made after I made my list? 

I don’t play coy and I also don’t care for your projections and nonsense all because you can’t make a clear question so I know what you’re asking about. 

LOL Ralston on Joe Rogan. I agree though, Ken Wilber would be mindblowing. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

6 hours ago, Marc Schinkel said:

Joe: So really it's more about how much hair you have, than how thick your neck is?

Sadhguru: Isn't it?

Lolololol

@Rilles I just think it’d be interesting considering both their backgrounds in martial arts and what Peter would bring to the conversation.

13 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Lolololol

@Rilles I just think it’d be interesting considering both their backgrounds in martial arts and what Peter would bring to the conversation.

Ralston is just so beyond Rogan, he would get swallowed up, like a whale eating krill. Would be fun nonetheless.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@ULFBERHT I agree. Although I haven't watched very many of Joe Rogan's shows (3 at most), I've noticed that although he treads on some deep topics, it's never much more than playing at surface level for a few hours. And stereotyping people on looks like he did in this clip (regardless if he's talking about Leo or not) is just uncalled for and shows that he hasn't learned much humility from all his "deep" conversations.

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Ralston is just so beyond Rogan, he would get swallowed up, like a whale eating krill. Would be fun nonetheless.

Well yeah of course he is. I have had thoughts where I’d see those 2 interacting and i think where Joe would be skeptical, and rightfully so, would start if Ralston told Rogan how he’s mastered every single martial art out there. I say rightfully so because of how much of a stretch that is since something like that is so abnormally rare even among some of the best fighters of the world. I mean, even I have a hard time trusting such a claim and I’m a huge fan of Ralston since his style of contemplating and such really fits with me. I think Rogan would be more open to the mindfuck component in terms of the existential stuff. Again, I don’t think this interview would ever happen since Ralston is still a very unknown guy I imagine so I wouldn’t be surprised if Rogan doesn’t even know of him (however I wouldn’t be surprised if he did) and I don’t think it’d make sense to have him on just for the sake of his audience and since no one knows Ralston. I think Rogan is at a point where he’s having bigger name people on now because he’s so popular now to the point where I don’t see him bringing on small name people in terms of popularity at this point unless he knows of them already. Which is why I bring up people like Ken Wilber. Sadhguru would be cool but I doubt he’d come on just from all the stuff he’s doing and everything.

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

Sadhguru would be cool but I doubt he’d come on just from all the stuff he’s doing and everything.

Sadhguru would be good to have on. But Joe would be super sceptical, as he already has his thoughts on gurus.......

and also on Sadhguru's thoughts on meat consumption. I can see him not  being a fan of some of his ideas. 

But those two are one of the biggest in their fields so hopefully it can happen one day

Edited by Garuda

I'm pretty sure if joe rogan has anything to say about actualized.org, It would be praise, Actualized.org values are also Joe Rogan values.

@Mezanti @Soulbass@Sahil Pandit@Garuda @iridule

I DO NOT want to see Leo on JRE EVER. Man you people do not understand Rogan at all. He's a dogmatic materialist shamelessly citing shill academic research papers and articles to prove his claims, he doesn't understand epistemology, he understands how to regurgitate popular science truisms, his arguments are formed on the basis of how prestigious the university is that did the research. The dude doesn't even believe in chiropractors. 

Joe is the one who started me on this journey with his conversations with Duncan Trussell about DMT, mushrooms, and simulation theory. It got me really questioning my atheistic materialistic metaphysics, looking into Buddhism, meditation, and enlightenment, which led me to Leo's work. That was the Joe Rogan of long ago, that Joe Rogan is no longer here, if he starts talking about unforeseen energies the cool kids like Sam Harris and Neil Strauss won't come on his show and he won't get to LARP as a member of the intellectual dark web. 

I would literally listen to JRE all day long and I still tune in from time to time as a habit but it just gets more difficult to stomach. 

Could be. But there are tons of very cheap self help channels on you tube as well. 

When I went over this video, I noticed David Goggins more and what he said overall. Then, I looked at a few more of his videos on YouTube. There's nothing wrong with what he said. It's an achievist mindset. However, two big questions came up for me, if I'm to interview/question someone like David Goggins:

1) Heard of Shaolin monks? As a group, they are great fighters. Perhaps, the best in the world? You wouldn't want to mess with them, esp if you picked the best fighter among them and challenged him to a fight one-on-one. Why do you suppose they call themselves "Shaolin monks" and not "Kung Fu Masters?"

2) Everyone in the world cannot get up one day and have a "fighter's mindset." There are different professions. We cannot survive as humans without different professions. Having said this, how would you define "success" for any human being?

This is all completely irrelevant. I don’t see Leo on this post making criticisms and judgments here defending himself and being ideological nor is there any direct proof that Rogan was referencing Leo. So many of these comments and replies to this clip is just a shitstorm of ideological projections. There is a truth to what Rogan is saying. See the truth and toss the rest. Rogan is a highly developed person whose able to see a lot of different point of views, an ability most of his guests can’t even do. Rogan is more developed than most people and his multi perspective lens is one of the reasons why his show is so enterntaininng. People can feel his fascination and curiosity on some level or another and his lack of judgment and openmibdedness is what allows this to flourish. People who are expecting Rogan to understand nonduality and all this shit just show how much they take what Leo and a lot of great teachers share for granted. 

I noticed that if you want to do a good life purpose, you got to be careful not to refer or hint at anyone, esp in a negative way. Just do what you have to do, and try your best at it. If you hint at someone esp in a negative way, even when you were not referring to them, the chances are, ppl do get a negative impression. It looks like gossip. That's how it works. 

16 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

I noticed that if you want to do a good life purpose, you got to be careful not to refer or hint at anyone, esp in a negative way. Just do what you have to do, and try your best at it. If you hint at someone esp in a negative way, even when you were not referring to them, the chances are, ppl do get a negative impression. It looks like gossip. That's how it works. 

I gossiped about Leo once. I have a profound regret because he really offers value to us. It doesn't mean I always agree with him, but I can feel he's very kind. I hope he's fine.

Edit: if you read it, Leo, sorry for gossiping about you.

Edited by brugluiz