Rilles

My mind has started inquiring...

11 posts in this topic

...automatically while im dreaming. Anyone have this happen to them? Pretty cool, nothing profound has happened but its cool that my meditation habit has reached into the subconscious.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Yes I have this too! Cool to hear :)

Sometimes abstract "concepts" like infinity demonstrate itself visually in the most creative ways. For example an infinite regress type of dream

14 minutes ago, Sven said:

Yes I have this too! Cool to hear :)

Sometimes abstract "concepts" like infinity demonstrate itself visually in the most creative ways. For example an infinite regress type of dream

In one dream there was a voice that said something like ”You are the light that watches” and I thought to myself I must be the form... It made sense in the dream... and then an image that of a I-Ching /Daoist symbol appeared in the forefront. Not saying it means much but cool nonetheless. My dreams have always been very vivid.

1 minute ago, Sven said:

Do you also lucid dream?

Not really, only by happenstance a few times but no.

It can be very profound, plus it's a hella cool hobby! Imagine asking that dao symbol "Why does this appear?" for example

10 minutes ago, Sven said:

It can be very profound, plus it's a hella cool hobby! Imagine asking that dao symbol "Why does this appear?" for example

Do you know how to learn it? Can you recommend some books or videos on it? It was cool when it happened but it was so short-lived and I wasted it on stupid shit xD I could try again with a mindful intention, like actually doing serious meditation in the dream. 

It's a skill which gradually develops with consistency and dedication, there's a lot of stuff to learn as well.

I got so many cool books on this I'm not sure where to start really. It's a little too much to explain here I think. You can PM me if you want

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

In one dream there was a voice that said something like ”You are the light that watches” and I thought to myself I must be the form... It made sense in the dream... and then an image that of a I-Ching /Daoist symbol appeared in the forefront. Not saying it means much but cool nonetheless. My dreams have always been very vivid.

That sounds like something you should let in and contemplate, dont brush it off as nothing that big.  The I-ching means the classic of changes and all the symbols are an expression of the types/degrees of that change.  In your dream it sounds like it was presented in the awareness of "You", the space thats been labeled the dream space, formless awareness and seeing, "You", that these changes arise/are seen/witnessed by "You".  Who else say the arisal and the comprehension of this dream take place.  This was not a dream it was the awareness of what you are first hand seeing that things arise in it.  Dont over think it, or even think about it, let it sink in.  What was aware with no body and comprehension during this vision?  Its not a brain and a body seeing and thus it experiencing, its "You" bodiless self aware of itself.

And yes to your question, the mind can reach a place through practice of meditation and inquiry, where inquiry and illumination begin to become more effortless and spontaneous.

Edited by Mu_

17 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

That sounds like something you should let in and contemplate, dont brush it off as nothing that big.  The I-ching means the classic of changes and all the symbols are an expression of the types/degrees of that change.  In your dream it sounds like it was presented in the awareness of "You", the space thats been labeled the dream space, formless awareness and seeing, "You", that these changes arise/are seen/witnessed by "You".  Who else say the arisal and the comprehension of this dream take place.  This was not a dream it was the awareness of what you are first hand seeing that things arise in it.  Dont over think it, or even think about it, let it sink in.  What was aware with no body and comprehension during this vision?  Its not a brain and a body seeing and thus it experiencing, its "You" bodiless self aware of itself.

And yes to your question, the mind can reach a place through practice of meditation and inquiry, where inquiry and illumination begin to become more effortless and spontaneous.

In the dream the light ”awareness” was in the middle of the symbol as me... wow... thats amazing... ill let it sink in... thanks man!????

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Do you know how to learn it? Can you recommend some books or videos on it? It was cool when it happened but it was so short-lived and I wasted it on stupid shit xD I could try again with a mindful intention, like actually doing serious meditation in the dream. 

If you have an android phone, download the app called 'lucidly'. It will send you reality check alerts, can use it as a dream diary, and has a section that lists all the popular lucid inducing techniques

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay