Sagatarius

Lying

8 posts in this topic

At work today my manager came down on me hard. He told me to tell a "white lie" to one of our clients and I refused to do so. I almost lost my job because of this. 

Lying has been a topic of contemplation for me recently. I hate telling lies, even small ones. Small lies lead to big lies, distrust, disrespect, and eventually lies come out under the rug nastier than ever. They are the cause of a lot of suffering in our lives. I stood up to my principles but it was so hard. I guess I experienced first hand what stage orange spiral dynamics is like in Business. Only out to make a profit next margin no matter the means or cost. It actually ends up being worse for them in the longer run, if only they had just told the truth in the first place. Not to mention all the problems it creates inside the company, and the physical conditions problems it can cause for the lair. 

If you value the truth, and that means all kinds of truth, then you'd probably agree with me on this here. 

I'm not trying to moralize to anyone here, I want feedback on if anyone else has this same problem. have they faced it before and how they have dealt with it (especially in workplace scenarios)? 

Thanks

This video can help reinforce honesty if listened to on a consistent basis

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Oh yes, lying leads to blockages and disharmony. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Winter I have heard lying is bad from many places in my life, but I never listened or understood why, and it took years. As I said I had contemplated this, I'm not just going off what other people said.

I use to lie on a consistent basis, white lies and big lies. I hid secrets from people, I lied to those I loved. It only ever ended up causing pain and suffering. I have experienced first hand what lying does. The end result is never justified or worth it. 

You've made a duality between lying to yourself and other people, no such really exist. Both are the same. 

"Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." -- 1 Corinthians 6:10

11 hours ago, Winter said:

There's a difference between thinking and talking. One might refuse to tell himself(thinking) lies and that's fine, but there's no reason one would refuse to use his lips and vocal cords to produce sentences that are false. What is the result you are trying to produce with that job? How does forcing yourself not to lie help? Are you trying not to lie just because you were told it was bad?

Don't listen to this, it's an extremely unhealthy view.

You don't want to lie because you know in your heart it's not right, it doesn't resonate with you at all. You've clearly seen what lying leads to. It leads away from spiritual growth, not towards it. Only lie if it is to save someone from undeserved harm, this is a lie for the highest good of all involved.

When we're being completely honest, with both ourselves and others, that's called being authentic. It's what love actually is. When you finally surrender to complete honesty, to the reality that you aren't in control, the world opens a path right in front of you to a life you could've never dreamed of. People say enlightenment is so simple, but this is even more simple than that, and this is usually done after enlightenment, and still even rarely then.

You might think the world is going to turn on you if you open up and become completely vulnerable, but it's the complete opposite. The universe quickly removes what doesn't serve you're highest good, and fills your life with everything you need for exponential spiritual growth.

This isn't just some feel good saying, this how the existence we're in actually functions. It's a mechanism built into reality to encourage evolution. But people are so terrified of being themselves that they never even try to see what would happen if they were honest for once in their life.

5 hours ago, K VIL said:

@Winter dude what... vocal chords ? what are you even saying?? a lie is a lie

That thinking and speech are different.

47 minutes ago, Elysian said:

You don't want to lie because you know in your heart it's not right, it doesn't resonate with you at all. You've clearly seen what lying leads to. It leads away from spiritual growth, not towards it. Only lie if it is to save someone from undeserved harm, this is a lie for the highest good of all involved.

Sounds like attachment to speaking what you believe to be true. Lying to yourself will stray away from spiritual growth but lying to others depends on your value of vocalizing it. 

The only reason to speak the truth is because you desire it. If you desire to lie then lie. All else is just middle man nonsense.

10 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

That thinking and speech are different.

Sounds like attachment to speaking what you believe to be true. Lying to yourself will stray away from spiritual growth but lying to others depends on your value of vocalizing it. 

The only reason to speak the truth is because you desire it. If you desire to lie then lie. All else is just middle man nonsense.

You're projecting on to me, I have no attachments or egoic desires. I allow Truth to flow through me, nothing more.

Edited by Elysian
Grammar