Charlotte

The battle between heart and the self (fear)

531 posts in this topic

Got up really early to get a bath and finish homework before college. Almost ready when I get a text from a friend saying college is cancelled due to the 'severe' weather. Yep... All 4 inches of snow. Proper bunch of snowflakes this country ?

Feel like a kid again skipping school because of the snow. Wish I had a sledge ?

So I thought fuck it... Going out as I'm dressed so currently enjoying a Costa soya cappuccino. 

Anyway... Last night's philosophy class was very interesting as we discussed the different stages of awareness/consciousness. He was able to clarify a few things for me which was helpful. 

P1_H03.pdf

i can see myself finishing all the terms of this course. Pretty sure there's 4. 

My hip pain that was coming from my back is almost completely gone. Apart from when I sit cross legged in meditation it's basically non existent. I highly recommend Pilates to everyone to be honest. I've come to the knowing that a stable core is vital. You'll be really surprised how much the core works during the day if you place your awareness there. So if you have a weak core you'll take the strain in the back or another area and possibly end up injured in the future. Also good practiced posture is absolutely key all day everyday. It helps to keep you relaxed and even present because your able to breath correctly, plus your centered around body awareness which can be a portal to the present moment. 

All these small things can definitely help towards being.

This is a really good affirmations video that goes along with the theme of your journal.

I just listened to it all the way through in a really relaxed state and it was great, so I am walking the walk!

Also, this class is good I watched it the other day. I resonate with Brain Johnson, If you do too it is good!

The kingdom of heaven is within.

6 hours ago, Charlotte said:

So if you have a weak core you'll take the strain in the back or another area and possibly end up injured in the future. Also good practiced posture is absolutely key all day everyday. It helps to keep you relaxed and even present because your able to breath correctly, plus your centered around body awareness which can be a portal to the present moment. 

Excellent observation ! Pains me to see everybody walking around and sitting hunch-backed all the time for hours..the epidemy of our times. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 It sadly is Micheal yes. I sometimes feel like grabbing people on the shoulders from behind and just gently easing them upright xD

On 23/01/2019 at 6:26 PM, Charlotte said:

This piece of music is just.... I can't find the words.

How I've been feeling over the past few days...

Enjoy.

@Charlotte@Charlotte Thanks for sharing this one ? makes my day brighter ? 

I can't put this off any longer. These trip cravings aren't showing any signs of fucking off any time soon. I tried ignoring them and seeing if it was ego being a jerk, I've contemplated the cravings, I've tried ignoring them but if anything they're getting stronger. Once I get past the come up I know I'll be reet. All day it's been on my mind, all yesterday... I'm like "What do you want from me!!!"

images.jpeg

I have to do this, I have time to plan (not overly because I'll do my own head in).

This year there has already been massive shifts happening. I haven't even questioned them. If I'd of resisted I know suffering would of taken place. Trust & accept. No doubt I'll be shitting myself but I have to trust. I have to let go. 

I'll keep y'all updated ❤️

When your breaking through the self, the self will throw every last bit at you to hang on, to grasp, to pull you back. 

Surrender dear friend. Surrender...they are mearly just thought.

Fear has arose... I have contemplated whilst being observing fear. 

My answer to number one is Screenshot_20190130_213657_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

To keep the illusion sustained, to remain in a place of security, knowing and comfort

God this forum format can be a right pain in the back end sometimes ?

Okay so today. I decided I was gonna go on my first solo trip. I had bits of fear based around it. I searched and searched for a decent hostel and the most relevant area to me in Portugal. 

i gathered all my information and noticed I was still in two minds wether to go or not. It was such short notice. Like tomorrow at 0600am I would of had to set off. 

I couldn't differentiate wether it was fear not wanting to go or actual logic/common sense. 

So I left it up to the universe. 

Prior to setting off for some bits and bobs for the trip I said. "If everything goes smoothly (as can be) I'll go. That will be sign to go." I offered that and let it be. 

So I got all my bits and bobs no problem but then I realised I had no euros (lol) I checked all around my area to see if an exchange bureau was still open and nothing was apart from one way across town. It was getting late by this point and I still had lots of packing to do including evening meditation, exercises and tea.

I thought fuck it so I ventured through the traffic across the other side of town and when I got there I had 30 minutes spare before it shut. I pulled up and emptied my purse for my debit card...

I had forgotten it.

This was all the sign I needed. 

I felt resistance to letting go, I was devastated. But I let go and trusted it wasn't meant to be this time around. 

that-moment-when-you-realize-you-forgot-your-keys-14010323.png

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

You can do anything! Just fucking do it!

This morning I got up. I was greeted with the most beautiful weather (cold though). What did I feel like doing? I wanted to go to the beach.

The mind kick's in.... "It's a long drive though just for a few hours at the beach?" Etc. 

Same old thought pattern returns.

I cricked my neck and thought fuck it I'm going. 

I have life in the palm of my hands here... There's no way am I staying in... Especially on a day like today. 

I'm due on so the body felt lethargic and lazy but I was going anyway. 

Couple of hours later I arrived. It was baltic!!! (Freezing) ? 

IMG_20190202_121403.jpg

I was just in complete awe of this place. 

IMG_20190202_134542.jpg

There's something about being my the beach... I can't put my finger on what it is... You lose yourself.

IMG_20190202_134544.jpg

IMG_20190202_144753.jpg

Just me and my buddy. Perfect.

He was so happy. Off his lead, just him in his element with his ball. Fills me with tears watching an animal completely free ❤️

I had the best time. I love just grabbing life by the ball's... If you want to do it and it's realistic be aware of how the mind longs for security and comfort, observe it and just go and do it. 

While I was there I had a little think about the Portugal trip I was supposed to do this weekend. I wanted to still go. I wanted to be even further from my comfort zone. So I came back and booked the hostel and the flights...

IMG_20190202_193637.jpg

I am going in 2 week's. 

alch.jpg

Smash it Charlotte!?surely there are no beaches like that in Rochvegas?

Great to see you on here @KyleR :D

Love the excerpt. So true. 

Hahahaha definitely definitely not  xD

Took mum out last night for something to eat. We had a great time. Can't beat time with your mum. We sat and talked about topics relating to personal development/god/non duality etc. I asked her. "Mum.. who are you between two thoughts?" She stopped and paused and said. "Nothing."

She said. "I play roles in this world, mum, sister, daughter, wife, me. And I am happy doing so." 

I thought fair enough. 

She also said something that a friend had recently said to me. "I think you would do great going down the counseling/therapist route." We then got onto the topic of Leo's life purpose course, I'm going to buy it once I've purchased a laptop. 

When I got back I sat for meditation. I found myself self inquiring but I didn't self inquire in the usual way, I found what I'm most identified with and explored and questioned the areas. I also played around with thoughts and observed them, this can be very interesting. You truly see you aren't your thoughts and they are just another happening, like the sensation of your hand resting on your leg. They are within your awareness as is all perceptions/sensation's. 

I feel like I'm possibly starting to go behind the point of awareness, it's hard to explain, I'm not great with words... Like deeper into awareness itself. 

I forgot to mention I started yoga again last Monday morning. New venue new teacher.

I'm going again this morning. It's a slower hatha yoga which is what I feel the body needs right now. 

❤️

Yesterday morning, yoga was beautiful, it was just the breath present... Nothing else, no one else existed.

I then went and sat in a supermarket cafe alone and had a soy milk decaf coffee. Wanting to be alone more and more is definitely becoming a theme. 

Came back and took the dogs for a huge walk, did other bits and bobs and then went off to evening Pilates. 

This morning I have my last (private) physio session, she said she wants to get me on the treadmill but I dunno with the pain at the moment. Very obvious in the lower back, always worsens when I'm due on. 

I'll get back do a morning meditation and some Wim hof breathing. I'm also going to purchase Leo's recommended Kriya yoga book for the 4h flight that's upcoming so I can know it inside out before starting.