daniel695

i can feel my desire growing for enlightenment

13 posts in this topic

so my desire for enlightenment is growing and i'm seriously considering pursuing enlightenment. the reason my desire is growing is because im suffering and the more i question it and look at it i'm looking towards enlightenment as a way out. i'm going to keep exploring the theme around enlightenment and continue to develop me desire for enlightenment.

who else here i has a desire for enlightenment or already has a deep strong burning desire for enlightenment?

how strong is your desire for enlightenment Leo?

In a way Enlightenment does reduce suffering because it makes you more accepting of reality as it is instead of always assuming reality should cater to you.  That's precisely the way that Enlightenment minimizes suffering.  It's not personal between you and reality. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Drop it, pursue the heart. And enlightened human being is 100% free of suffering, not only at minimum levels. Suffering is one sided practice of the body/mind. When the whole unites with the whole one discovers what is really beyond suffering, wich is growth and bliss. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Joseph Maynor yeah that’s one reason I want to pursue enlightenment to be more accepting of my suffering and to see it for what it is. Yesterday I started saying everything that arises within my mind...”I am that” because I noticed yesterday that my mind works in duality and it accepts the good but rejects the bad. So I’m practicing more acceptance of everything around me.

@Hellspeed what do you want me to drop? My desire for enlightenment?. I heard Leo said the last thing to drop is your desire for enlightenment.while  Pursuing enlightenmen you also pursue the heart because you will need to be intouch with your heart as you self inquiry.

1 hour ago, Hellspeed said:

Drop it, pursue the heart. And enlightened human being is 100% free of suffering, not only at minimum levels. Suffering is one sided practice of the body/mind. When the whole unites with the whole one discovers what is really beyond suffering, wich is growth and bliss. 

Could you be specific by what you mean when you say pursue the heart, do you mean do whatever you feel passionate about in the moment or something else?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

It should be clarified, enlightenment doesn't end suffering. Buddha said enlightenment ended suffering, but what he should've said is resting in the Absolute ends suffering. Which is to say resting in the Absolute Void, which you can achieve through meditation/Samadhi, will end suffering, but only while you're there. In the Void is nothingness, all sense of self is gone. But if you sat in this state indefinitely, you would die if you weren't hooked up to medical equipment. You come back from that eventually and suffering will be waiting for you when you get back.

When Buddha came back from the Void he came back to suffering, he said enlightenment ended suffering to encourage people down the Path, which would certainly reduce their suffering and improve their quality of life.

He was deceitful, but for the Higher Good of humanity.

Edited by Elysian
Grammar

1 hour ago, daniel695 said:

@Hellspeed what do you want me to drop? My desire for enlightenment?. I heard Leo said the last thing to drop is your desire for enlightenment.while  Pursuing enlightenmen you also pursue the heart because you will need to be intouch with your heart as you self inquiry.

In my case i have not followed any teachings. Only after i discovered breath in special and painful circumstances, i decided to share with many communities my experiences. Only in the last 2 years i started reading about what others think about awakening, meditation etc. Basically i followed my heart, breath and let everything be natural. What i've seen in many communities, the majority of information exposed is just mindfuck, like Leo said in his videos. But i will tell you this, as much as you pursue something in spirituallity, you won't get it by reading and undertanding things. Only by the drop of information and really going deep into meditation, i'd say hardcore meditation 8h plus a day if you really want to have DMT like experiences. Otherwise with only 20min a day one will not awaken, not even in 50 years time. Read as many books as you like, without practice one will waste time and the Gossip will start. :) 

3 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

In my case i have not followed any teachings. Only after i discovered breath in special and painful circumstances, i decided to share with many communities my experiences. Only in the last 2 years i started reading about what others think about awakening, meditation etc. Basically i followed my heart, breath and let everything be natural. What i've seen in many communities, the majority of information exposed is just mindfuck, like Leo said in his videos. But i will tell you this, as much as you pursue something in spirituallity, you won't get it by reading and undertanding things. Only by the drop of information and really going deep into meditation, i'd say hardcore meditation 8h plus a day if you really want to have DMT like experiences. Otherwise with only 20min a day one will not awaken, not even in 50 years time. Read as many books as you like, without practice one will waste time and the Gossip will start. :) 

I was told by an energy healer not to do any spiritual work for more than 20 mins a day to prevent spiritual addiction. 

Rose tree 

Edited by Athena

28 minutes ago, Athena said:

I was told by an energy healer not to do any spiritual work for more than 20 mins a day to prevent spiritual addiction. 

Rose tree 

I'm an energy healer and i do hardcore meditation, 10h+ a day. But this is me, for those who are dormant they will go crazy if they do what i do, literally. Because if one does not know to be a superconductor can get into great trouble, so yes, if you are new to meditation go gradually. 

Edited by Hellspeed

2odcc0.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Elysian said:

It should be clarified, enlightenment doesn't end suffering. Buddha said enlightenment ended suffering, but what he should've said is resting in the Absolute ends suffering. Which is to say resting in the Absolute Void, which you can achieve through meditation/Samadhi, will end suffering, but only while you're there. In the Void is nothingness, all sense of self is gone. But if you sat in this state indefinitely, you would die if you weren't hooked up to medical equipment. You come back from that eventually and suffering will be waiting for you when you get back.

When Buddha came back from the Void he came back to suffering, he said enlightenment ended suffering to encourage people down the Path, which would certainly reduce their suffering and improve their quality of life.

He was deceitful, but for the Higher Good of humanity.

What do you mean by suffering ?

I'm not enlightened and I can definitely not suffer If I see clearly an emotion for what it is.

By that I mean still feeling the emotion (of sadness for example), but not attaching my sense of self to it, and therefore not adding unnecessary suffering on top of the sadness, there is just sadness.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

30 minutes ago, Shin said:

What do you mean by suffering ?

I'm not enlightened and I can definitely not suffer If I see clearly an emotion for what it is.

By that I mean still feeling the emotion (of sadness for example), but not attaching my sense of self to it, and therefore not adding unnecessary suffering on top of the sadness, there is just sadness.

You're very close. Growth and healing is impossible without suffering. Attachment causes unneeded suffering like you said, but there are other forms of suffering that are simply unavoidable.

Certain emotions are suffering, and to live optimally, to grow, they need to be felt fully. And the more advanced you become spiritually, when attachment is no longer an issue, you actually suffer more, not less. Your empathy and unconditional love increase, which causes very intense suffering, because there is much in this world ready to break an open heart.

I've referred to this a few times today, but it's just filled with so much Truth that it touches on so many different aspects of life.

Note: Where he touches on Buddha finding a way out of suffering is incorrect, Buddha simply stopped seeking Truth after realizing Absolute Truth. He still suffered, he just chose not to increase his suffering through further spiritual development. That point he decided to stop at is the least amount of suffering a human can experience. Which interestingly means he still had egoic desire, the desire to not suffer.

Edited by Elysian
Add