tentacion

Are we within a Mind?

33 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@CreamCat You have mental resistance to waking up.

I have resistance to plugging something up my ass. Other than the plugging aspect, I'm looking forward to psychedelics.

Also, finding a psychedelics seller is going to take some time because it's illegal in my country. People of my country think 5-MeO-DMT is as harmful as heroin and cocaine and opium. They draw no distinction between addictive drugs and psychedelics. I want to try psychedelics after I have sufficiently developed myself through meditation, emotional mastery, and curing addiction.

Edited by CreamCat

@Leo Gura Thank you for your answer and thanks to everyone else. Reality is truly amazing.

Leo, I don't believe the mind is happening inside a brain, the brain is definitely happening inside mind/consciousness. But of course I want to verify this and realize consciousness/God with the help of psychedelics. It's just so difficult to get it here but I know I can get it if I really try.

@Mikael89 @ground

Sounds like you both are on different pages in terms of what you mean behind words like nothing and existence.

Edited by Shadowraix

15 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Are you saying actual nothing exists ...

yes.

15 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Because it seems to me like your arguing or trying to convey some sort of point with someone on a forum.

it is neither arguing nor trying to convey a point. It is applying language appropriately depending on context.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

6 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

@Mikael89 @ground

Sounds like you both are on different pages in terms of what you mean behind words like nothing and existence.

Sure. If language is applied it is applied from within a framework of philosophical view or a network of concepts.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

24 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@ground Haha. "Actual nothing exists."

If nothing exists, then at least nothing exists.

Therefore something does exist.

Your statement refutes itself.

'Nothing' isn't a some-thing so the expression is 'nothing' for 'no-thing'.

The sentiment of 'thinginess' in relation to the concept 'nothing' is the creation of your habitual mind. And since this habit applies to all concepts all concepts are revealed to actually be no-thing and 'Nothing whatsoever exists.' applies.

53 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@ground Haha. "Actual nothing exists."

If nothing exists, then at least nothing exists.

Therefore something does exist.

Your statement refutes itself.

Consider this: existence and non existence is a duality that must collapse in the absolute. 

35 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Consider this: existence and non existence is a duality that must collapse in the absolute. 

although 'the absolute' doesn't exist either. So 'the absolute' is paradoxically relative as every linguistic expression is.

But 'collapse of dualities' is nevertheless an appropriate hint. However those who follow advaita teachings usually have trouble to grasp this because advaita teachings are based on affirmation of true existence of 'oneness' or 'nonduality' or 'awareness' and the like. They obviously think that duality has to be overcome and that it can be overcome through choosing one side of it and reject the other, but neither the former nor the latter applies.

Edited by ground

34 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

So is it a word game?

You say nothing simply because it's a no-thing?

Even no-thing is something. But I would agree that it's a no-thing.

I've found it challenging to really "get" the Nothing = No Thing = Everything bit. The direct experience of Nothing / Everything came after a somewhat understanding it conceptually. 

I think this was the concept that opened my mind up for the direct experience to arise:

I would imagine Everything. Absolutely Everything. Any thing that has ever existed, exists or will exist is within Everything. Any idea, concept, dream. Everything. Now, there is no way to step outside of Everything and look at it. That looking, observing, thinking is within Everything. There is no way out. There is No Thing outside of Everything. My next step was Everything = No Thing, because there is no separation in Everything. Every single thing is within One Everything. So there is no individual thing. Yet, as you say "Even No Thing" is something. Yet, "something" requires separation. There must be one thing viewing something else as a something. My mind worked the same way. Even with One Everything, I saw a bunch of "things" in Everything. After a lot of work, the direct experience arose and which showed "Everything = No Thing = Nothing".

It was kinda like one of those optical illusions of a vase and two faces. It was like my mind was conditioned only see the vase and I just couldn't see the two faces. Then, I got a glimpse of it. When seeing the faces, the vase disappears. Similarly, with direct experience of Everything / Nothing - all separation dissolves and collapses into Nothing. Yet, my perspective flips back to seeing separate things. Both perspectives exist simultaneously. Just like both perspectives of the vase and faces exist simultaneously.  Yet, my mind could only "see" one perspective at a time.

@Serotoninluv It's not so hard understand it logically:

Everything must include nothing otherwise it would be less than everything, since nothing would be excluded.

Another way to phrase it:

Without including nothing, everything is incomplete.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Yes, that is a great logical explanation. Yet it would have triggered the analytical scientist in me ?. I took a meandering path sprinkled with Turquoise nonduality glimpses. It’s weird how I want to explain it through the direct experience. Logic seems so dry and boring to me these days. 

On 12/5/2018 at 9:53 PM, CreamCat said:

I have resistance to plugging something up my ass. Other than the plugging aspect, I'm looking forward to psychedelics.

Also, finding a psychedelics seller is going to take some time because it's illegal in my country. People of my country think 5-MeO-DMT is as harmful as heroin and cocaine and opium. They draw no distinction between addictive drugs and psychedelics. I want to try psychedelics after I have sufficiently developed myself through meditation, emotional mastery, and curing addiction.

Hey man, I've never plugged a substance before but I've washed my asshole w/ water jets many times and I'll tell you that there's nothing to be worried about...in fact it feels really nice. 

Also, pretty sure 5-meo dmt is illegal in many countries and there are no cultures that I am aware of that have openly accepted the use of powerful psychedelics like 5meo for spiritual growth.

I have never tried 5meo but I just wanted to point out that your excuses for NOT doing it are not justified...just trying to help.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

On 12/8/2018 at 10:41 AM, Serotoninluv said:

@Leo Gura Yes, that is a great logical explanation. Yet it would have triggered the analytical scientist in me ?. I took a meandering path sprinkled with Turquoise nonduality glimpses. It’s weird how I want to explain it through the direct experience. Logic seems so dry and boring to me these days. 

You can explain it in terms of set theory. I don't know much about set theory, but I can say that there is a set that contains nothing. A set that contains everything contains the set that contains nothing.