tentacion

Are we within a Mind?

33 posts in this topic

I remember Leo saying that everything or at least the universe is a giant mind. Is this meant literally? It seems like all of reality would be explained if it's all one infinite conscious mind basically making up all of reality in whatever way it wants. Which brings me to consciousness, is that occurring inside a mind or is consciousness this God-Mind, or the substance of this God-Mind? Assuming that reality is a giant mind which i'm probably not even close to correctly understand or imagine.  

Edited by tentacion

No we aren't 'within a mind'. And the universe isn't 'a giant mind'.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

@ground Maybe, maybe not. It's an intriguing idea at least :) Leo, care to clarify what you meant by this? 

2 minutes ago, tentacion said:

@ground Maybe, maybe not. It's an intriguing idea at least :)

Well, for you it may be an intriguing idea. For me it's merely an idea. 'I am the creator of the universe' is merely an idea too which for me is intriguing. ;)

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

1 minute ago, ground said:

Well, for you it may be an intriguing idea. For me it's merely an idea. 'I am the creator of the universe' is merely an idea too which for me is intriguing. ;)

That's a very intriguing idea for me too. :)

7 minutes ago, DrMobius said:

And all the things that you think are not aware, like a rock, are actually aware of themselves through you. You watching a rock is the rock watching itself. Of course language is fragmented and schematic, but you get the idea.

Well folks, there is certainly no end of ideas, human fantasy is limitless. :D

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

It's very simple.

All that exists is ....

Well, nothing whatsoever exists.

Just now, DrMobius said:

@ground All things are limitless, including human arrogance. Plug 30 mg buddy, and we shall see how you feel about existence. ;)

It is as you say: existence and feeling are not different. why? because existence is felt existence, existence is a subjective feeling. But 'existence' as used in common parlance is meant to be an objective reality and in this context I said that nothing whatsoever exists. Got it?

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@ground In that case subjective feelings exist.

And also illusions exists.

if you feel that way then for you these exist. That is called delusion.

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@ground

So "nothing whatsoever exists" is wrong.

Look what has been written above: But 'existence' as used in common parlance is meant to be an objective reality and in this context I said that nothing whatsoever exists.

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Ok. So in that case at least my delusion exists.

Only if you feel that way. In actuality your delusions don't exist.

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Yet again you prove yourself wrong. 

'Existence' is meant to be an objective reality? According to who? You are being narrow minded.

No problem. If you believe that 'existence' conventionally isn't meant to be an objective property then forget everything i have written.

14 minutes ago, DrMobius said:

What you are trying to say is that objectivity itself does not exist. Which is true because objectivity is a human concept. Both subjectivity and objectivity must collapse.

But don't confuse mathematical nothing and Mu. In spirituality we use the word "nothing" because it's the closest we can use. It's the blank sheet of paper on which everything lies.

Aka Consciousness.

This is sooo difficult to point to for minds that haven't plugged 30mg of 5-meo. . . 

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

Ok so in that case there exists a actuality where I seemingly somehow seem to have a delusional illusion, but in actuality that delusion doesn't exist. So now you are suddenly saying that there exists a actuality.

No, I am applying conventional language for the purpose of communication only.

you are erroneously imputing 'existence' on the objects my words cause in your mind.

@tentacion What more is there to say? I have said it many times already very plainly: there is only one thing in existence: consciousness. The entire universe is one mind.

Take a psychedelic and see for yourself that this is true.

But you have to stop thinking of mind as happening inside a brain. Rather, the brain is happening inside a mind. The conventional definition of mind must be expanded.

To say that consciousness is all that exists is identical to saying the universe is one giant mind, the mind of God.

There cannot be two substances to reality because you'd need a third substance to seperate the first two, and so on ad infinitum. The substance is always ONE, regardless of what you choose to call it: awareness, consciousness, God, energy, etc. If your picture of reality has more than one substance, it is dualistic and wrong.

@ground Stop speaking of things you clearly have not experienced.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@ground Maybe you should consider stop fooling yourself/lying to yourself.

Sorry but I do not rely on any ideas or concepts. So it is impossible to be fooling myself. you must not project your delusions on me.

@ground Or then go around and say "nothing whatsoever exists" like a idiot. 

I am saying: 'Nothing whatsoever exists.' and I declare this to be the authentic expression of enlightenment.

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@ground Let's pretend that you are right. Is there a knowing of that "nothing whatsoever exists."?

Since the answer requires a conventional linguistic expression: there is a knowing but no knower.

Edited by ground

@ground Ok, so knowing exists.

'Knowing' exists only for you if you impute 'existence'.

So "nothing whatsoever exists" is wrong.

It is wrong only for you if you are subject to 'innate existence' habits.

1 hour ago, ground said:

Since the answer requires a conventional linguistic expression: there is a knowing but no knower.

Are you saying actual nothing exists or metaphorically like a nondual kinda thing?  Because it seems to me like your arguing or trying to convey some sort of point with someone on a forum.

The mind is within  us. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

This is sooo difficult to point to for minds that haven't plugged 30mg of 5-meo. . . 

I have mental resistance to plugging 5-MeO-DMT up my ass.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat You have mental resistance to waking up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.