dvdas

How to get the most out of self help books

7 posts in this topic

since books is very important to move you into SD stage yellow, by take in many diverse perspectives, but also embody teaching to improve your life, how to know that you actually take full advantage of a self help book, and you are not just mental masturbating? 

what kind of expectations you should have from your self while studying a book. how to approach studying ? 

Im newbie in reading books and I just want your opinions of potential traps which I could avoid.

(sry for my 'English )

Act, Apply, Experiment, Experience ect.. in the process you find what works for you and what doesn't thus creating your own book/method/way.

B R E A T H E

Also, remember that you are planting seeds for the future-not necessarly for right now. (Not to say that you can’t learn something immediately) It takes a while for you to actually embody and implement.

Always think about the long game-if not there is a tendency to get down on yourself. 

An option is doing a mind map and make it your bookmark. 

Process of elimination.

1) If it refers to other works, read the other works. Instead of the regurgitated("recycled") stuff.
2) If it's dogmatic or a complete system be suspicious.
3) Audible is pretty good for books. Scribd is also good.
4) If it's not written in blood, it's probably not worth reading.
5) Have the various metaphysical or meta-psychological positions contrast for supremacy.
6) When in Rome.
7) Use in wood burner.

I remember asking Leo awhile back on another post what he thinks his most underutilized and underrated video and he said it was this one: