SkrOzz

Advices for self actualization for disabled people/people in wheelchair

4 posts in this topic

Many topics and ideas here really helped me. 

Just want to hear some general advice , thoughts, propositions  or opinions regarding this topic.

I'm pretty ok, but  sometimes when is tough, on some bad days, the reality that I'm dependent on others to function in some basic areas of life hits me. 

Thank you for posting, its not a common question.  However despite that its pretty much the same for everyone.  We all have our own unique suffering/challenging issues that confront us bodily, worldly, financially and anything else you can think of.  That said it is harder for some then others, there is greater suffering and greater challenges, but don't let yourself get caught up in this, it won't help.

Are you doing anything in particular already?  Meditation?  Self Inquiry?  Watching video's of non-duality teachings or Buddhist teachings?  If not, it may be a good place to start and implement some of these practices in your life.

That said, in terms of you feeling dependent, try and flip that around and connect with your heart and gratitude that there are people who can help you.  Times were not always so kind to the disabled in the past.  Seeing this and letting it in may make it easier.  Most important though is don't let yourself be a victim, it almost never helps, but if you truly do feel the sadness of your situation at times, just let yourself feel it, recognize it, take a few breaths, and then move your attention on what to be grateful for.

I think a more interactive forum where you can do voip would be cool, don't necessarily know tone, whether someone is joking, culture etc. "Discord" can be interesting, more about having a presence and awareness. Form at least pseudo relationships. I think heterachy(Horizontal) would be more favourable to a disabled person than a hierarchical structure. Not like communities are as close as they were, in general.

Yeah probably presence is important. Can zone out more easily, without perhaps a disability. Might be like, how a blind man listens better.

Tap with the Breath into the Colon to recover the legs. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.