MM1988

How To: Diving Into Emotions

3 posts in this topic

This is one of the lesser known methods of releasing from the Sedona Method and I want to share it and elaborate on how I do it, because if it resonates with you its really effective.

1. Lie down

2. Relax your muscles, especially stomach, chest, chin and shoulders.

3. Think about the situation that triggers the emotion or work with what you are currently feeling and welcome it into your body

4. Focus and locate the emotion in your body and how it feels. Remember to relax again if you tensed up.

5. Imagine yourself like a little version of yourself diving through your body diving towards the emotion. I imagine the emotion as a kind of ball of gas or light.

6. Keep your awareness on the emotion in your body. Imagine the little you diving towards the center of the emotion. Be curious about whats at the core of it. As long as there is no release the "diver" should not have reached the center. Just imagine him diving deeper and deeper into it. 

7. While you do this the emotion can become stronger. Relax your muscles again if you tense up as you go deeper.

8. At some point there is this kind of "pop" where the emotion gets released in an instant. Thats when you have reached the center.

Pretty pragmatic, try it out.