Annoynymous

Fear

69 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@Preetom when i feel, i don't rationalize or i just cant rationalize. That is the way it is for me. Uncomfortable feeling comes, and i become agitated. I dont have on/off button. It happens in auto mode. 

This is what Eckhart Tolle talks about in his books.

You are too identified with your mind (thoughts, emotions and reactions).

You seriously believe and most importantly feel that you are your mind.

But this is just factually wrong. You cannot be your mind. As you persist on this falsehood, you suffer. Your thoughts, emotions and reactions are tools and mechanisms that happen to or in you. The tool has taken over the master and that's why you are suffering.

The solution is 1st knowing that you are not your mind. You are the watcher or witness of the mind. Separate yourself from every thought, emotions and reaction and watch them non judgmentally. Be the witness and watch everything as it happens while feeling your own presence as the witness. 

If you do this, more and more space will be created between you and all your reactions. From there, you will have better understanding of how to manage/control/change them.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Jack River aaaaaaaaaaah okay okay, I'm with you. I asked the questions to gain a better understanding, I wasn't questioning you or anything (just in case you thought that).

Be careful with identifying period. Identification is a movement of divided action. People seem to disidentify with thought/emotion/reaction which also leads to further divison between the experiencer and the experience, thinker and the thought. The supposed divison between “me” and “my” thoughts/emotions/reactions are what causes conflict/suffering. It takes two to conflict. So it’s important that we don’t subtly reinforce another divison without noticing so. 

Thought can be extremely tricky and sneaky as @robdl has mentioned. 

1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

@Jack River aaaaaaaaaaah okay okay, I'm with you. I asked the questions to gain a better understanding, I wasn't questioning you or anything (just in case you thought that).

Your the bomb sister! I am your dude fo life?

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

Do you think the child would intuitively know it would be dangerous to jump? 

I honestly have absolutely no idea if they would or not actually jump but for some reason I'm guessing yes they would (know it's dangerous) but I honestly don't know.

2 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@Preetom Thank you for sharing your insights.

Btw can you tell the name of echart's book?

1) The Power of Now

2) A New Earth

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

17 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Be careful with identifying period. Identification is a movement of divided action. People seem to disidentify with thought/emotion/reaction which also leads to further divison between the experiencer and the experience, thinker and the thought. The supposed divison between “me” and “my” thoughts/emotions/reactions are what causes conflict/suffering. It takes two to conflict. So it’s important that we don’t subtly reinforce another divison without noticing so. 

I disagree with this. A dis-identification of Awareness or 'I' from all thoughts and objects is like a mandatory intermediate step through which Awareness re-discovers it's own boundless, infinite nature.

When I say 'I', I mean a pure subject that cannot itself ever be objectified and located. That 'I' must dis-identify from all objects (which are inherently limited) to realize it's own limitless nature.

What you mention as the 'thinker', it is generally a default half-assed dis-identification. Not real dis-identification taken all the way to it's full circle.

24 minutes ago, Jack River said:

The supposed divison between “me” and “my” thoughts/emotions/reactions are what causes conflict/suffering

This 'me' is clearly NOT the pure subject. This 'me' is already a cluster of unquestioned thoughts, beliefs and emotions by default. So of course, there is a constant conflict between 'me'( one cluster of objects) with all other objects!

26 minutes ago, Jack River said:

It takes two to conflict.

you mean 2 objects.

An object can't conflict with pure nothing, empty, non objective presence of being ;)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, Preetom said:

I disagree with this. A dis-identification of Awareness or 'I' from all thoughts and objects is like a mandatory intermediate step through which Awareness re-discovers it's own boundless, infinite nature.

When I say 'I', I mean a pure subject that cannot itself ever be objectified and located. That 'I' must dis-identify from all objects (which are inherently limited) to realize it's own limitless nature.

What you mention as the 'thinker', it is generally a default half-assed dis-identification. Not real dis-identification taken all the way to it's full circle.

This 'me' is clearly NOT the pure subject. This 'me' is already a cluster of unquestioned thoughts, beliefs and emotions by default. So of course, there is a constant conflict between 'me'( one cluster of objects) with all other objects!

you mean 2 objects.

An object can't conflict with pure nothing, empty, non objective presence of being ;)

You don’t see the trap in identifying as “the watcher” dude?:)

If we are talking to somebody who has not yet understood the self/thought they will most definitely get caught in such a trap as disidentification but identification with what they have accumulated via knowledge. 

I understand what you mean, although I think that can easily set up years of divison/conflict. That’s how I see it thought my dude. 

Edited by Jack River

What you say comes as a result of seeing through that divison which is action in its end. 

Edited by Jack River

10 minutes ago, Jack River said:

You don’t see the trap in identifying as “the watcher” dude?:)

Yes identification with ''The watcher'' can be a trap. It is probably the most manageable form of duality so sometimes it is called ''Enlightened duality'' lol.

Anyway, the trap happens when one becomes this 'watcher' as sort of a point or wall located far far back behind the head/body and watching one's life events. You see the problem here? With this attitude, the pure subject has been turned into another object located far back and watching all other objects from there.

But this trap can easily be checked if one simply knows about it and realizes that the very sense of being a 'watcher' is also another subtle feeling; so with regard to the pure, non-objective Subject; that 'watcher' sense becomes another object. That sense is then relaxed and let go of. A holistic, non located clear witnessing/knowing prevails :) 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

@Preetom thought will play some tricks heh:)

ha that's why we gotta stay extra vigilant.

we are tempted to live inside lion's den while we are told that we are living in fairy land :P 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, Preetom said:

ha that's why we gotta stay extra vigilant.

we are tempted to live inside lion's den while we are told that we are living in fairy land :P 

Intelligence sees the danger as danger and responds accordingly dude?

@Jack River

Do you 'do' Intelligence or does Intelligence 'do' you? xD

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

16 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Jack River

Do you 'do' Intelligence or does Intelligence 'do' you? xD

Haha! It does all by its self B|

2 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@non_nothing if i had magic wand that i would have used it to erase all the events that happened in the past which brought undesirable outcomes in my life and i would change them in accordance with my desireable outcome.

In present,  i would use the wand to stop happening those circumstances which make me feel weak, unwanted, unlovable, worthless piece of shit.  

Do you have meditation habit?

51 minutes ago, Preetom said:

A holistic, non located clear witnessing/knowing prevails :) 

Observation without the lens/veil of the "observer"/"me".  Unconditioned observation, undistorted by the "me" and its accumulated thought content.

28 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

Do you have meditation habit?

Is it another habit that we need, or the holistic understanding of habit?