Arhattobe

I am not enlightened, but further than all that claim such a thing. Ask me anything

127 posts in this topic

@Arhattobe so meaning is not found where i'm looking for it ? Is that why meditation is useful - letting meaning come to me in a state of non-doing?

@Arhattobe I'm able to abide in a state of relative non-thinking at times, during meditation or while doing simple things, yet aside from rare deep moments of stillness, there's yet a background murmur or hubub of thought chit-chat bubbling away in the background. Sort of mind activity just below the surface of consciousness, sub-thoughts bubbling away. Occasionally, in the most profound moments of stillness even these fall silent.

I'm wondering, when you say you go about your life without "thinking", do you still experience this kind of background chatter? Or does that fall away too in a prevalent way?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish Thought activity is multi layered.

This is an oversimplification but will do for this response.

The top layer: Gross thoughts, inner dialogue, conscious fantasies or where you “think out loud.”

This surface layer, however is like the tip of an iceberg. All the activity in the top layer is due to hundreds of layers of subtle activity, some of which you may be semi conscious of (the background chatter,) and many that you are unconscious of. Eg primal thoughts, self defence mechanisms, muscle memory, and modes of being eg fear of the unknown.

One can have a quiet top most layer of mind, in a non dual state. As I had been in the past, but yet still have massive traumas influencing every act, and every action. Such a state might seem thoughtless, some might seem it Sahaja samadhi, but in reality you are simply unconscious of what is motivating you. Numb, very perfectly clear.

Now in regards to me, and your question. The top most layer, the background noise layers are empty. Yet there are undoubtably layers that I am unconscious of that keep me from “complete enlightenment”. Arhatship.

I know this because they fall away, and my experience changes dramatically because of them. 

On 12/4/2018 at 3:46 PM, Arhattobe said:

@Leo Gura In fact it is problematic not to do so, because by not doing so one who awakens, and becomes aware of the absolute might falsely believe that he understands life. 

When he lack great, great nuance. 

He might then come to numerous nihilistic conclusions. The seeming implications of his newfound realisation might be based in delusional, escapist tendencies, but if he thinks he is enlightened they will be unquestioned.

Then Falsehoods will be passed on by such a person as the “truth” spoken by an “enlightened” man. 

At best such a person can be considered a beginner on the spiritual path. 

The term enlightenment should be reserved for one who walks the path genuinely, with self awareness, without escapism after such an awakening.

Who through years of growth begins to see holistically that the relative and absolute should not be seperated. Nor should absolute truth be dismissive of relative truths. They should merge, with nuance and depth. 

To completely eradicate all fetters.

Such an outcome. Which is not idealistic fantasy. Just rare can be worthy of the the term enlightenment then.

What a load of self absorbed nonsense.  Another one obsessed with who is and who isn't enlightened, another one who 'thinks' they are in a position to judge worthiness of another, or label them as such.  

Oooh, enlightenment, so rare, so noble, so special.  You sound like a special guy, with special secret knowledge.

The problem with claiming enlightenment, is you have no fucking ability whatsoever to prove or disprove it, other than anecdotally and based on your own biased set of criteria and beliefs, which is.....DOGMA.  You drank the kool-aid broski.

"Oh he's enlightened...im sure of it..."

How?  You can't answer that, ever, in a convincing and objective way.  It's dogma because I'd have to take it on faith.  What a noobie mistake.

Anyone can make an account on this forum, claim to be enlightened, and spew a bunch of crap like you have here.  I would say nice try, but, you know.

Next!!!

Edited by MiracleMan

Grace

The Big Balls, Kanyu-Bang-Poontang ,path of enlightenment is the highest teaching.

It requires a 2 day - Big Balls Energy Transmission (tm) session and initiation into the sacred, KanyuBang-Poontang Teaching, passed down directly to me from, Sri  Ahartship-Master- Guru- Avatar Puny Balls ,which in case you didn't know, is the highest level of enlightenment one can attain.

Edited by Big Guru Balls

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!