Leo Gura

Best Psychedelic Trip Music Mega-Thread

394 posts in this topic

This would be something I'd like to trip on DMT to as well:

A psilocybin playlist which was being used by Imperial College London for their study on using psilocybin to cure depression. The music is exquisite and shapes the experience. The playlists have been complied by Mendel Kaelan a neuroscientist at Imperial who has researched the effects of music for people on psychedelics. Mendel Kaelen is probably best known in the world when it comes to created playlists for psychedelic work.:

e.g., LSD modulates music-induced imagery via changes in parahippocampal connectivity," by Mendel Kaelen et al. is published in the European Neuropsychopharmacology.

Here he is an interveiw:

"These playlists are specially designed so the lengths are matched to that of a psilocybin journey and take into account the various stages of a trip such as onset, ascent, peak, return. There are variations on this depending on the creator of the playlist."

The playlists are available on Spotify, as well as from Wavelengths, a company founded by Kaelan:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4VCcqjOfYEJFv5rR2xZW1V?si=u8MZLcJwSRarsEHRczXQaQ

Edited by astrokeen

Here's a track from Psilocybin Therapy playlist 2, also on Spotify:

All Albums of Shpongle: This music is straight from DMT dimensions.

Museum of Consciousness

Tales of the Inexpressable

Nothing Lasts... but Nothing is Lost

Are you Shpongled?

Codex 6

@Chives99 , lovely music, very much like the psilocybin playlist that I posted above.

Edited by astrokeen

So rich in sound

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

If you want to...... weep .... your soul out, play this.

Wash the already wet cheek with tears of joy, Let it in.

Edited by Yog

The Polish composer Henryk Gorecki is superb. His Symphony No 3 is on the Psilocybin playlist I posted above. Hear this:

Its All ...God...the One.

A must have.

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

I‘ve been wanting to explore some microtonal music lately. Tripping turns out to be excellent for that :D Melts away any rigid structures, perplexes the mind. Like a new universe of sound, I love it!

Surprisingly I don't really want to listen to music while tripping, just no interest in doing so

But the last time there was one song that felt very good, magical, perfectly fitting:

EVERYONE HERE HAS TO LISTEN TO TAME IMPALA, best modern psychedelic band