Leo Gura

Best Psychedelic Trip Music Mega-Thread

394 posts in this topic

Thank you @Leo Gura for creating this wonderful thread. I think it's a very important topic!

Here's a great article of the playlist that John Hopkin's University used in their double blind study on the effects of Psilocybin mushrooms in terminally ill patients. And while this is a highly effective and beautiful way to spend a trip (I encourage everyone to try it at least once), it obviously doesn't provide for all the experiences one might want to have. Sometimes you WANT to potentiate the trip and mindfuck yourself! Sometimes you WANT to have more emotional range... to induce a sublime state in one moment, then bawl your eyes out the next! I have some suggestions that no one else has mentioned yet.

I'll start with perhaps the holy grail. I believe that everyone's life might be a little better if they were to listen to this album while tripping (preferably in nature). I recommend the entire album "Valtari," but here's my favorite song off of it: 

I'm not sure if this next one is the best WHILE you're tripping (it could be), I find it provides a nice, chill atmosphere for the come-up. It's really underrated how important the come-up stage is. The Full Album is called "Glaciers" (I couldn't find the full album on YT).

As I'm sure many of you know, there's quite a bit of prog rock from the 70's that's REALLY good for tripping. I've found these to be my personal favorites:

This next one was quite a find... If you're looking for the most mystical and extra-planetary experience, then give this one a shot:

I love Pink Floyd, but I've found their best album for tripping (MDMA for healing is especially potent) to be The Division Bell. This song will literally put you on Cloud 9:

Ok, moving into psytrance. I'm sure most of you have heard of these already, but I'll put my favorites in anyway :) 

Anything by Entheogenic. Here's the latest album:

Shpongle... you gotta have Shpongle. If you're new to them, I'd start with this album ("No Turn Unstoned" if you just have time for 1 song):

Then move on to Museum of Consciousness (my personal favorite) and Codex VI. Absolutely my favorite more "recreational" tripping music. But don't fool yourself into thinking there's not something to be gained for spiritual purposes. It definitely enhances your trip in unfathomable ways. You're just along for the ride :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

And a little less soft:

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

Listening to this on AL-LAD is one of the best times I've ever had :D.  2nd track is great but least psychedlic imo, the rest made my world wavy af.  I was cracking up hard

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

1st half of this is music at its finest.  I've had CEVS listening without psychedelics

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

That's what we had in the mid 90's to trip on ;-)

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

Modern stuff is cool too!

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

These are my personal favorites for tripping:

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

I love listening to classical music while tripping. Listening to a piece is like going on an emotional roller coaster.

Edited by Ape

ZHU, Emancipator, Alwoods, Carbon Based Lifeforms and Philosophical mixtapes are also great of a Psychedelic Experience. Classical Music and Nature Sounds also work great.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I love all the Boards Of Canada, Aphex Twin, Burial being posted on here. You guys know what's up. 

This is beautiful: Toumani Diabaté & Ballaké Sissoko - New Ancient Strings

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.