fewrocker

Fear of psychedelics

35 posts in this topic

Any psychological movement away from what is to what should be is movement of thought/fear. 

We may fear the chance of certain experiences bringing about insecurity, but there is also the fear that drives us to demand certain experiences. Like thinking an experience will fulfill a sense of lacking. Both these fears imply stepping into and away from illusion which is illusion. 

This reaction to fear that is a step in the direction of illusion is a movement of divison/self continuity. This implies resistance/attachment/identification as an entity remains. 

Edited by Jack River

@andyjohnsonman @zambize @robdl  All cool insights!

I guess the main issue to be attacked here is deconstructing this fear. Contemplating about its substance. Understanding what makes it arise when I think about the psychedelics. And slowly deconstruct it. The "Who is it that is feeling fear?" paradigm is powerful

Also, starting with a smaller dose and a lighter drug such as 2cb and slowly climb up the psychedelic ladder helps a lot with this issue. Also, having the benzos will help

Thanks a lot for all the inputs!

One could go round and round with this type of thing. Like a kid standing on the high dive going back and forth wether to jump.

50-100ug of Al-lad is a great way to get your feet wet. Al-lad is relatively mild.

In this psychologically choosing also implies fear. As does a decision influenced by such choice

The self seems to remain mechanically in the groove of reward and punishment. Every action it takes seems to be an expression of this confusion/conflict/divison(time-psychological becoming or not becoming). 

Can this movement of time end while remaining in that groove? 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack RiverExactly!

To see fear simply as an opportunity to holistically understand the division. This "facing the fear", and staying with what is, in turn may bring about the end of time/division/self

8 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Jack RiverExactly!

To see fear simply as an opportunity to holistically understand the division. This "facing the fear", and staying with what is, in turn may bring about the end of time/division/self

I feel ya. Seems to be the most difficult thing to do for a self. The self seems to put off freedom by admitting divided action/time as a means. It’s a subtle way for self to feed its divisive momentum of time. The self is time. So time as a means is very tasty ? for a self. Hope/time, is the selfs best friend, or as Watts has said awaiting that goody at the end of the road. 

Edited by Jack River

Having an experienced trip sitter with you or available can also help a lot. You can also record a calming message to yourself in case of emergencies. If things get weird, you hit play, and then holy fuck sober you is telling you everything will be okay, you are here to surrender to the experience, nothing bad can happen to you, you did your research, you are here to enjoy the ride, etc. and I think that could be very powerful. Some people have prerecorded videos like this on Youtube if your own voice would be too trippy for you. Have a couple music playlists ready. If things start to get weird or the mood isn't right, switch to a different playlist, and it will instantly change the vibe of the entire trip if you let it.

Start small and ease into the dose. It's really not that hard to control the milder trips, and it will honetly just leave you wanting more.

You just can't leave yourself any "what ifs." Just simply don't do it. You are going to have a good trip, it is going to be a meaningful experience, and no matter what happens, you know you will come out of it for the better in the end. 

Edited by ZZZZ

3 hours ago, lostmedstudent said:

i know that weed increases one's risks of developing schizophrenia, but i dont think psychedelics do, so even if you have a bad trip, tell yourself that you won't go crazy and you wont end at in an insane asylum like you said. 

It might be that people who are at risk for schizophrenia seek out to use weed.

53 minutes ago, fewrocker said:

. Contemplating about its substance. Understanding what makes it arise when I think about the psychedelics. And slowly deconstruct it. The "Who is it that is feeling fear?" paradigm is powerful

Which is self-inquiry.

https://www.zendoproject.org/education/

Read through  how these people deal with other's challenging or even downright problematic/traumatic experiences.

Use music.

Some amount of anxiety is guaranteed. Though I've seen a study done on mediators with thousands of hours of practice and they didn't appear to have any. But on one study on participants receiving psilocybin, ALL, had anxiety during the come-up of the drug.

Treat psychedelics the same as an Apollo mission - a lot was/is needed to send people into space, to the Moon, and in the future, Beyond. So is the same for inward journeys. Just my thoughts.

@fewrocker I think you’re going to love it.  Take em early in the day. I’ve not tried a benzo, but the medicine is known for not allowing sleep. Sleepy + psychedelic can = nightmare...no Kidding.       Keep a trip report in mind! ??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

OP, I've been where you are, afraid of the possibility of experiencing a bad trip.

Honestly, If you do not have a family history of schizophrenia, you are able and comfortable with soothing yourself emotionally, and you are not impulsive. In addition, if you are introspective and even introverted.

I would bet that you would be okay. 

You gotta be confident when you take the leap and just have at it. Look at the bright side of things.

I am afraid before all of my psychedelic trips lol. And pretty much every time, I say "I don't know what I was worried about. this is awesome."

Except N-N DMT, that feels like I'm dissolving into nothingness. Can be a bit scary during the moment, but I still leave it feeling amazed.

You're bound to reach some weird moments where things may take on an ugly appearance or a dark tone, almost like the difference between watching a horror film and a Disney movie. You become really sensitive to the energy around you and the energy you create. You just gotta stay conscious, use rationality as difficult as it may be, and be able to let go when it's necessary.

@Charlotte Yes they do. They cut the trip VERY FAST.

I have given Benzos to friends who i thought were about to go crazy in a dangerous way

@Serotoninluv @fewrocker 

Serotonin, aaaaah okay. I understand. Yes that's literally my thought pattern also... this safety net you speak of. I've witnessed it. I kinda of get this. "Once I've taken it that's it, no going back, your going to lose control." That and also will I become schizophrenic. The thought loop that fewrocker wrote is literally my loop also. It's tough because I feel psychedelics have 'called' me and still do but at the same time I've seen people have bad trip's and it scared the sh outta me. I'm working on the fear, I've used the fear as some kind of guidance and so far it's led to places and opened doors I never would of walked through so I appreciate and accept the fear and thank it. ❤️

Fewrocker I see what your saying. 

@Nahm @fewrocker (ignore tag fewrocker)

I tell you what Nahm you don't have half come out with some banging  tunes ? with deep meaning ??

18 hours ago, fewrocker said:

Hi guys!

I think psychedelics would be a huge next step on my journey. 

( . . . )

Any words of advice? 

At some point in your psychedelic endeavors, you will face the Ultimate fear. It will feel just as real, as putting your head through the Hangman's knot and stepping off the chair. You will have to surrender your life.

However,

The secret to life, is to die prematurely

I am sorry it has to be this way. If you are attached to illusions (as we all are), you will inevitably resist when they fall apart. The real transformation always happens when you take the toughest road.

Spirituality is just as beautiful and peaceful, as it is full of fears and confusions. People just like to emphasize the first half.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune