Cameron

Counter-Intuitiveness Mega-Thread

41 posts in this topic

We should have a Mega-Thread so people can share where they find the Counter-Intuitive moves in life? :)

Leo says death = love. meaning we end up in heaven after death.

but where then the concept of hell came from?

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Fear tells you exactly where you need to look.

This times ninety million five thousand four hundred and eight

The wisest people speak the most simply and clearly. There's this whole attitude in academia that you have to be verbose to sound intelligent. This is totally wrong.

"If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough."

-Albert Einstein 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Feel the fear and do it anyway. Be so good they can't ignore you. Do whats the emotional difficult thing to do. To get better at a craft practice in a way thats mental demanding and not just in a way that comes easy or in a state of flow.  Take 100% responsibility.  To overcome fear fully feel it. To learn something actually try to understand and figure it out until you get it (sometimes it seems like some may aviod actually understanding the material) Do hard things every day to overcome the path of least resistance when facing difficult situation (embrace the suck)

Thats a few i can think of.  

Edited by BjarkeT

When you’ve got it, really got it, so viscerally you can literally taste it - when you’ve got it and you know you’ve got it - let it go. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Great thread idea

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When you want someone’s affection and love so bad and it’s not reciprocated, but you stand aloof and sure of yourself that’s when you often get them.

Trying to impress people seems like a bad thing. But it can motivate you to do big things. 

Feeling guilty seems like a good thing but it benefits nobody. It only hurts you.

Taking breaks seems like a good thing. But it kills your momentum. You can get into a nice meditative state when you do one activity for a long period of time. Or ''the zone'' as they call it. But first you have to move through lots of pain and boredom barriers.

You would think that businesses want to help you but they only want to help themselves.

Walking the middle path seems like a good thing. But often one pole is better than the other. So you're better off ditching the bad pole. And be an extremist.

By helping people you often end up making them weak and lazy.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Doing physical exercise in order to improve mental performance.

Taking efforts like meditation to develop effortlessness.

Not caring gives you the best results

breathing less oxygenates you more

there is an infinite number of sets “larger” than infinity 

You generate your emotions, external circumstances don’t 

all dualities are illusory 

Everything is relative  

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Im gonna go and share my personal opinion, but is only that and I do not seek to prove anyone wrong

To me counter-intuitiveness, seems like the final hurdle, the final wrench to remove

You get close to untangling life, but life will never be untangled, counter-intuitiveness seems like a highly advanced attempt to finally control life, to get how it works, and what to do to make the life machine work right

It seems to me like the final step before ultimate surrendering, you understand how tricky and full of paradoxes life is and one would use that to finally get what you want, that is my perspective on it

Half of everyone is feminine energy, and as the legend goes, you will never understand what a woman wants

That mystery, that surprise, that absolute uncontrollable aspect, is half our essence, it is absolutely and infinitely random, true randomness

That is my humble view on it

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

"Confusion and paradox are the guardians of Truth"-Peter Ralston

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

"Discipline = Freedom" - Jocko Willink

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Recognizing that effort is an illusion and so that, in fact, maximum effort is really effortless. This insight’s been huge for me and my ability to get shit done 

@Leo Gura

At around 1:30:54, it's counter-intuitive to put yourself in the enlightened masters' shoes and be radically open to why they are saying that. For example, some of them had their nothingness awakening (Riding the Ox Backwards) when they were children. You can't induce that with a substance at that age. Then, for them, there are 'minor' awakenings afterwards throughout life, which are just as important as the nothingness awakening. They don't want to miss out on those because those can set them in the right directions in life. If you keep inducing this and that, you may just be skipping steps and missing out on the meaningful lessons. As you said in your blog, life is a school. I agree. In the actual school, we can't miss out on the lessons which set the foundations. You also have to factor in karma as you go along. It makes the spiritual path very complex.