Emerald

Great video on climate change!

114 posts in this topic

for a second i thought i started this thread. lol was about to be proud of myself and at the same time shocked at how many people commented.

14 hours ago, Emerald said:

So, if someone posts about productivity, there will be tons of people who are like, "It's all a dream" and advising other people to focus away from matters of practical importance. And this is because they want to further convince themselves that their spiritual bypassing is actually a wise decision to make. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

8 hours ago, purerogue said:

Maybe you have to reach certain point to realize that you can't feel sorry for all problems and focus on all problems and that everything is already going according to plan , even with all the human interference.

even when you admit the possibility of human interference you can't actually bring yourself to give a shit. no one is asking you to feel any sort of way, just to acknowledge the facts. thankfully the children of today and next generation have shown they are actually able to recognize what's going on and take responsibility, and people like you will be dead soon enough.

What responsibilities are you taking, you seem like you have allot of anger problems that come with green thinking and allot of delusion. 

1 hour ago, purerogue said:

What responsibilities are you taking, you seem like you have allot of anger problems that come with green thinking and allot of delusion. 

lol yeah my anger problems. sorry but my emotional state has absolutely nothing to do with our planet's problems. your apathy has everything to do with it. do you even realize you're not even talking about climate change anymore? you're shifting the conversation onto me. because you've already shown and even specifically expressed that you don't care at all. of course the individual actions i'm taking in of themselves will never have that much of an effect, because i'm only an individual. we can only change course collectively, which happens through information sharing and dissemination. this is why the internet is so far the single greatest human invention to date and the main cause for our massive recent collective growth. as I said the vast majority of children today and next generation understand perfectly well what's happening. the most repressed people of today's world have their information limited as much as possible (north korea, china, etc.) but it cannot be stopped completely. and also consequently the main reason for the majority of our planet's current problems come from those currently in power and the subsequent spread of misinformation. unfortunately you are part of the population who have fallen victim to this. I don't have any faith in people like you any longer, but again, thankfully humans have relatively limited lifespans and tomorrow's generation will hopefully be able to take enough collective responsibility to change course enough to avoid complete disaster.

Edited by p1xelmonk

Climated change is more influenced by the thinking of humanity about it, as you would never believe this has an influence. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I am asking again , what are you doing , except  crying wolf to me , about something that I am not responsible for and am not part of? 

How many problems have you fixed and there are countless problems to fix, actually only one , that could fix all , but there is still long way to get there 

Edited by purerogue

On 12/6/2018 at 8:38 AM, purerogue said:

I am asking again , what are you doing , except  crying wolf to me , about something that I am not responsible for and am not part of? 

How many problems have you fixed and there are countless problems to fix, actually only one , that could fix all , but there is still long way to get there 

Jesus christ. Can you step outside of your own ego for just two seconds? Is that possible? Of course this is not about you as a single individual being responsible for climate change, we are talking about the human species as an entire collective. If we were really going to try and narrow down more of the direct blame, we could compile a list of maybe five to ten megacorporations that account for the vast majority of global emissions.  Ok? Do you understand that? Do you understand that this thread is not about you? This thread is about recognizing that we, as a species, are causing catastrophic damage to this planet and the first step towards any sort of solution is recognizing this fact so we can band together and maybe do something about it before millions more have to die.

5 minutes ago, p1xelmonk said:

Jesus christ. Can you step outside of your own ego for just two seconds? Is that possible? Of course this is not about you as a single individual being responsible for climate change, we are talking about the human species as an entire collective. If we were really going to try and narrow down more of the direct blame, we could compile a list of maybe five to ten megacorporations that account for the vast majority of global emissions.  Ok? Do you understand that? Do you understand that this thread is not about you? This thread is about recognizing that we, as a species, are causing catastrophic damage to this planet and the first step towards any sort of solution is recognizing this fact so we can band together and maybe do something about it before millions more have to die.

Did you step outside of it when you wrote it? 

On 12/9/2018 at 4:09 PM, purerogue said:

Did you step outside of it when you wrote it? 

Unbelievable. You still don't understand this thread has nothing to do with you or I. You're leaving 15 year old children with the hard work you should feel responsible for as an adult. You should feel fucking ashamed. Simply unbelievable. Hundreds of millions of children will be 18 within the next few years. They are going to vote in global politics like their lives depend on it. Because they do. In absolute no thanks to people like you. Hopefully you don't even have the motivation to vote and you just live the rest of your life as one more ignorant fool who'll die off, that's really the least we can ask of you at this point.

Edited by p1xelmonk

Grow up , learn , then talk , activists have always existed and always will, most of them do not even know what they are doing, read some news, got aggravated and decided that will start movement, if you want to help come up with ideas how to end it and move in direction where you have influence, world is more complex then you think, it is easy to yell this and that needs to be done, or just something must be done,  without having slightest clue what effect that will leave on society, planet. 

Edited by purerogue

So what else could we do other than sending kids to give speeches? 

This was a picture in a Greenpeace magazine a couple of years ago - would love to see this message in TV ads, in between all the "typical consumerism" ads ?

IMG_20181216_095645.jpg

Edited by Zweistein