shammy01

Is there anything wrong with doing cardio every day?

9 posts in this topic

I don't know actually which is bad or good. Many men say doing cardio everyday its good or other say doing cardio access is very bad. Which one should I do? please suggest me.

What's your potential story in mind what would happen for excessive cardio?

Why do you perform cardios anyways?

Why would you performing cardios everyday?

It's so weird that there's this anti-cardio sentiment out there. The idea that "cardio is bad for" you is a cop out used by lazy people use to justify sitting on their ass. Many bodybuilder types trumpet this message too, being so precious about their bodies that they think going for a jog will catabolize their hard-earned pectoral or deltoid.

Cardio is massively beneficial to your health. It improves your heart, lung, circulatory function, reduces your risk factors for many many prevalent diseases. It's the most effective way to burn calories and excess fat. It makes you feel good and alive.

You don't need to do it every day, but you can. You definitely don't need to push it into the red every day. Something around 30-60minutes 4 or 5 times a week is probably kind of optimal for most healthy adults. 

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

It's optimal to do it everyday but vary your intensity and make sure to warm-up. If you are jogging for 40 minutes you can ramp up the jog for 10 minutes for instance, that counts as warm-up.

@shammy01 Nothing wrong with it, depending on the type of cardio. But it's no use in me telling you this because I feel you don't understand yet how cardio fits into a nutrition/health plan, and you will thus be spinning your wheels by not getting the results you want with cardio.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

There's people that run several hours every day and are extremely healthy. Movement is a built in part of day to day life. Without it we age and brittle faster. Move as much as you want, physically it will always do you more good than sitting down.

B R E A T H E

Check out Body By Science by Doug McGuff. Gives interesting view on why consistent exercise without proper recovery - can be bad long term because of wear and tear.

The best way to lose fat is keep insulin at minimum. Excercise is a factor to helps with this. Diet has biggest effects.