theking00

is life a game?

13 posts in this topic

Sometimes I think life is just a game and nothing is real. 

Edited by theking00

Maybe its your journey to find out

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I wouldn't say so.  Has your life ever felt like a game?  Like is a little bit more serious than a game.  That's not to say that we can't think of life as a game.  But that's a different thing. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, daniel695 said:

@Joseph Maynor that's the seriousness of the game or dream. surviving is no joke 

It seems to be a paradox.  On the one hand Ego looks like a game from the perspective of being.  But on the other hand we've been living with the illusion of Ego all our lives too.  And Ego definitely does not think of life as a game.  Ego thinks of life as serious of f*ck.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

You asked this already. 

It is a game. It is nothing. Play (out) Love !

10 hours ago, zambize said:

My question is, can life be a game?

If you want, go make your life a game, gooo live with it! :D

10 hours ago, theking00 said:

Sometimes I think life is just a game and nothing is real. 

What is real for you is more important, all you see is reality of others, live by your own reality.. okay? Either reality of their own or reality of the society you live in so live by your own reality,  :D

love "YOU"

Sure, if you want it to be.

When you look past the ego and see the meaninglessness in everything you might feel more inclined to take it less seriously and just have fun. 

Kind of like solving a puzzle. Its just a way to kill time.

Well, I think games imitate life somehow. A fun game is one that is kind of a challenge, but easier to achieve than in real life. Games are a quicker fix though and failure isn't that serious...although who knows what or if there is something behind death. Maybe there is just a game over sign and you are send back to replay.

So yes, life is a game. You learn so many skills, do so many things. If you do them mindfully and be present, then life feels more fun and fulfilling. There are even apps you can use to add a score to it like Habitica. Tackling life is the groundwork for fun - you do things because they feel great and don't do things, because they feel terrible, and sometimes you do things to feel bad at first and proud afterwards. You level up and down all the time. There are rules everyone has to follow and who does it well achieves more.