Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tristan

What Is "god" Trying To Tell Me?

6 posts in this topic

I won't go into so much detail and I'll try to make this as short as possible. I can't tell anyone any of this because they will think I'm crazy. Thats why I'm here. I've been on this "enlightenment" journey for about 5 years now. I don't consider myself enlightened. In fact, I never even knew this experience was called "enlightenment". Mind you, there is a lot of garbage on the internet about this topic especially in 2016. These misinformation can do more harm than good because it will steer you away from the truth. It was easier to find accurate information in 1995-2000 when internet was still "new". 

Anyways, I dreamed a cave of hieroglyphs and an egyptian eye. Subconsciously, I have seen hieroglyphs and of course, egyptian eyes in movies growing up so seeing those images was no stranger to me. I've also had that same dream before which had happened in the first year I started "enlightenment" & it was this reason why I've been chasing it ever since.

I learned that The egyptian eye means "third eye" or "enlightened". And the cave of hieroglyphs dates back to one of the earliest times in history. I'm not religious & american history doesn't sit well with me. I've spent most of my younger years wasting away listening to music and watching cartoons. 

Now, here is what threw me off and got my human part "scared shitless". The second time I had that dream, i saw something extra (or I noticed something else). I saw the color green & I think it was flickering. I looked up "green" & "egyptian eye" and found *The name Wadjet is derived from "wadj" meaning "green", hence "the green one"* on wikipedia. And thats when I freaked out. I've had experiences like this before but nothing this "meaningful" or specific. It put me into a fearful state that led to sleepless nights trying to find the answer. However, I don't buy into this egyptian mythology about the goddess wadjet. Mythologies are a collection of myths. Myths are stories. While stories can be helpful, they can also be fairytales which will steer you into the wrong direction. It has more to do with the message being conveyed. Any feedback whether it be positive or negative is appreciated. 

Yap, yap, yap...

As your monkey mind yaps away, enlightenment remains never to be found.

I suggest you cut the crap and sit down and focus on the questions: "What am I?" "Who is aware?" "What is the evidence that I am a body or a mind?"

All the myths, stories, personal problems, fears, doubts, etc -- just set those aside. They are largely irrelevant.

What are you?! << That is the primary thing you should be concerned with if you're after enlightenment.

And notice how you distract yourself from this with all sorts of stories and information-gathering expeditions. That's not an accident. The whole challenge in this journey is cutting through all the clever distractions your ego concocts, and going straight to the root.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I suggest you cut the crap and sit down and focus on the questions: "What am I?" "Who is aware?" "What is the evidence that I am a body or a mind?"

I'd also suggest what Leo stated - or even just sit down for 3 months everyday for a hour and do nothing. I think you need some pause from compulsive over-thinking and analyzing. Just sit and zoom out. At first it's boring and you don't want to do it, later on you see more and more that you are involved in a story that is projected onto a screen and you are really looking for that screen but trying to find it in the picture (or story).

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

Brain & The Eye of Ra.jpg

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

@Tristan speaking of dreams, I also have dreams when something is about to happen. Usually I dream in the morning if it has message. They look so real and feel real but really short. Most of the time, warning message dreams are with water for me. 

But.... Enlightenment has nothing to do with dreams.:D