kieranperez

Nithyanda Cult?

10 posts in this topic

I’ve been looking off and on at Swami Nithyanda’s YouTube channel and this dude seems like a legitimate cult leader. Tons of sex and rape allegations and he seems to have followers who have YouTube channels talking about how great he is and how he’s a divine avatar in this total brainwashed way. As far as anecdotal reports these people are making this dude seems to have legit siddhis maybe and maybe enlightened but comes across as a total Zen Devil and cult leader. What are your guys’ thoughts? 

The two are not mutually exclusive.

A leader can be legit spiritual and have siddhis and run a cult and manipulate people into sex.

That's often how it works.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura oh yeah totally. I think it would be a huge mistake to discredit this seemingly mass number of anecdotal reports of people who are around him and what not. This just seems like he has a huge shadow. It’s a shame really. 

3 hours ago, kieranperez said:

just seems like he has a huge shadow.

Very common

You can still learn from such people. Just don't sleep with them ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Shanmugam

Do you have any plans about making any blog post about him?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

32 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Shanmugam

Do you have any plans about making any blog post about him?

no..

I am currently suspecting something totally different. My suspiciousness is this: Both Sadhguru and Nithyananda might be completely genuine but they are pressurized by the government of India; so these people choose to act like conmen. Something fishy is happening in India. And these two people, Sadhguru and Nithyananda may have a master plan to come out of this situation. But don't believe it yet.. It may not be true. I only suspect.. But in general, a drama is happening in India and people are believing it is true, thats for sure. That is worse than not being enlightened! 

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam

It's still shocking to see how much people still cling to things like religion and nationality in order to push some political propaganda or whatever :( 

Anyway would love to hear your thoughts about these issues as it unfolds, maybe as a journaling or hypotheses writing in your blog or somewhere.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, Preetom said:

@Shanmugam

It's still shocking to see how much people still cling to things like religion and nationality in order to push some political propaganda or whatever :( 

Anyway would love to hear your thoughts about these issues as it unfolds, maybe as a journaling or hypotheses writing in your blog or somewhere.

In India, people are not in a position to understand spirituality, but they think they already understand. Right now, West is getting spirituality faster and Indians are sleeping more and more.. So in many places, especially in places which are neither cities nor villages, people are in a social confusion. There is no proper social order In India and I clearly see this problem way more than I did. So, talking spirituality in India now is like talking to the wall. They think they understand; but they understand nothing...

You people are very fortunate to be on this forum; that is all I can say. This seems to be one of the few sane places in this world. 

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam I think for ppl coming from India who are interested in non-duality, I recommend coming to the US and staying here for sometime, under a business visa or H1--work and stay longer so you'll get to interact with diverse ppl, rather than just taking a tourist visa. Why? Because it's still very challenging to communicate non-duality here. Lots of lessons to be learned in the switch of environments. To make an impact to influence ppl of how to live in peace and in truth, you got to be very tactful in passing on the message in the creation of your life purpose. You cannot just present it and have everyone knowing the right message. All lessons in life that you have learned have to be taken into consideration.