Mafortu

Jim Carrey goes non-dual on fashion week interview

21 posts in this topic

A very interesting video showcasing one of the traps of enlightenment. See for yourself.

The comments are praising him for telling the fashion-icon world how deluded they are, from another perspective, Jim Carrey went to an event, uninvited as far as I am aware, just to mock everyone in it for celebrating a passion he doesn't share. Is this what a woke person would do?

3 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

. Is this what a woke person would do?

You won't know until you're woke:D

Having a grand realization about reality doesn't necessarily mean you are personally developed. 

Depends what you mean by woke.

Looks more like he is just trying to process that he feels like he lived a lie for so long.

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

my detector of egoic bullshit has just binge on his threshold 

" I m not full of shit, that's your way of watching me "

yes yes, indeed.

if I could broke the mouth of sadshit I would.

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

This looks like a transition into higher levels of awakening that haven't matured and been fully integrated. I've been in the space many times.

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Now what Jim did.. is it really a horrific thing?

I agree. Maybe he just wanted to spread awareness on truth. Shock some people..this video received a lot of attention. Maybe that's what Jim tryed to do.

And anyways. I don't recall Jim claiming to be full blown enlightened guru. He only said be had some experiences. So maybe lower your expectations about him ;)

there is no "awareness on truth", cause there is no truth, "no mind" and being a jerk to people is all but egoic enlightened.

being high on your bullshit, is not the truth.

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

I just thought the whole thing was really funny. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I think if just one person watched that video and was curious about what he was on about and then researched a bit and learned the basics of what he was talking about, then Jim would say he succeeded in a way. He probably knew that most people would write him off as crazy but then again, a few people might take it seriously and i think that is all hes going for. I would be happy to see more videos like this of people who are well known talking about nonduality even if they really don't know what they are saying, they can have an enormous impact and change a lot of minds. Because think of all of Jim Carries die hard fans and how most of them probably looked into non-duality to better understand what their idol was on about. I wonder if Jim will create anything with all of his power and his newfound love for the truth. He has the resources to create something beautiful i'm sure.

I saw him in another video where he talks about the experiences that he's had and he says there that he wants to share it with as many people as he can because it's so amazing...so he's doing that which is good, I love him

I think the reaction of the interviewer is hilarious, she has no idea what he's talking about, haha that would be me less than one year ago, so funny

On 11/28/2018 at 7:42 PM, Mafortu said:

A very interesting video showcasing one of the traps of enlightenment. See for yourself.

The comments are praising him for telling the fashion-icon world how deluded they are, from another perspective, Jim Carrey went to an event, uninvited as far as I am aware, just to mock everyone in it for celebrating a passion he doesn't share. Is this what a woke person would do?

He is definitely on a spiritual journey  ! 

On 11/28/2018 at 0:25 PM, Strikr said:

my detector of egoic bullshit has just binge on his threshold 

" I m not full of shit, that's your way of watching me "

yes yes, indeed.

if I could broke the mouth of sadshit I would.

You need to consider that your analysis of someone's behavior is always subject to your egoic projections .

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

All criticisms are untenable

?

The video,

Watch it

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Maybe he had some non-dual insights and has a spritual ego, but i don't know. Weird that i haven't seen any memes about this clip, would be super meme worthy imo xD

On 28/11/2018 at 4:27 PM, DrMobius said:

It's somewhat embarrassing to watch.

This type of provocative, pseudo-wise behaviour just reinforces the cliché that spirituality is for lunatics.

There's a right time & place to mention stuff like that. Coming off as a douche publicly doesn't help anyone.

?

I sense two things from Jim here. One, that he's actually had some deep insights which have changed his life for the better, two, that he still has a wounded ego and there is a level of bitterness, frustration or angst there. He hasn't integrated his discoveries to the extent that he can move easily through life without needing to spout them off every few seconds as a form of protest or as a neurotic need to assert his 'truth' in the face of delusion, perhaps to persuade himself in the face of some remaining 'inner doubts.' He seems self absorbed to the extent that he can't empathise with the reporter and clearly confuses her and makes her uncomfortable. Still, I agree with what he's saying. Like others have said though, this could be the result of Zen devilry. 

This, of course, is all just my own story and interpretation, perhaps a projection of my own state of consciousness. 

Edited by Wisebaxter