Inliytened1

Can Music trigger Mystical experience

25 posts in this topic

Thanks all - especially VioletFlame for their insights on this!  

This confirmed my intuition on Music and it's connection to spirituality and Metaphysics.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Aw that's so great, I'm so happy it helped! :x

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Inliytened1 Yes, it can definitely do that. 

Had more than three from what I remember, each one very memorable.

The best way of describing it is being hit by "disarming beauty". No matter how constricted your body or mind feels, when it hits, it makes you drop your guard like an armor just falling off a knight.  At least that is how it feels to me. The bliss and ecstasy are implicit.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Curiously, I routinely do a mix of meditation and intellectual fapping to the idea of meditating while listening to any type of music that I like. Songs like "Tool - Reflection" will do the trick, (which specifically mentions concepts like ego-death). So in this sense it is a double edged sword for me.

But any song by Eminem will also do the trick as I like the concept that he is not even saying anything meaningful half of the time (by any definition), but also I find the rhymes spiritual in that they display connection between disparate ideas/concepts, even if they are about grotesque subjects.

I've gotten something close to nondual experiences pretty often especially recently since I've continued meditating *without* any stimulation.

Edited by Talinn

Its simply vibration, we are vibration. Go spend a day hiking and try to be angry, its not happening because the vibrational frequency is so high and powerful that you are surrounded by you are automatically pressured to feel more alive thus lower vibrational frequencies are rarely attracted/present.

B R E A T H E