Ray

6/7h of Headspace Meditation per day: is it a good idea?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

So’I’ve planned to take a 3 days solo meditation retreat. 

My background is 3 year of meditation with various technique (do nothing, mindfulness etc...) and a 10 day vipassana retreat. This last year i’ve consistently used the Headspace app for around 1h per day. So i wanted to use the Headspace technique on my retreat (which basically it just consist on 1) body scan 2) focusing on the movement of the body while we are breathing) 

Now my question is: does the Headspace technique can be used on a 6/7h per day on a 3 meditation retreat? Is this technique not too much?

I would definitely answer that no, the headspace technique is really ok for a retreat of that kind. 

Yet, I would like to have a point of view from elder users of the headspace technique or to anyone who did an “headspace retreat”.

Thanks and sorry for the terrible english :) 

@Ray Try it and found out. Direct experience is king. 

Keep us posted and good luck! ^_^

Sounds interesting...

do you have a purpose or is this just enjoyable to you? (Curiosity question) 

@DrewNows both. I want to clarify my mind on my top goals and how can i achieve them; maybe having a creative idea for my work (i do videos for living); just meditate; and ideally habing a spiritual experience. This is not really clear ahaha; but tonight, the day before i will go i will clarify a little bit more all of that, including the final schedule.

@Hafiz yes. I will do both guided meditation and unguided ones. The retreat will look like a vipassana one (no speaking, writting reading etc..., 6-7h of meditation per day and just be mindful, no distraction etc...). 

@Charlotte thanks for the encouragment but honestly not thanks for the advise ?: i wouldn’t say “test 5meo and see how it goes! Direct experience is king!” . Now ofc is not the same but you know what i mean. If i feel like it’s the right thing i will make a little post here. 

If there’s someone who has test it please let me know in the comments <3

@Ray Thanks for replying.

May I counter your comment?

Aren't you seeking an answer to an experience you would like by asking other people's opinions of their personal experience? Baring in mind that their experience is limited to them and may be completely the opposite for you. Hence...

On 28/11/2018 at 1:56 AM, Charlotte said:

Try it and found out. Direct experience is king. 

Well I think being on your phone/device for that amount of time would be quite detrimental to your retreat.