theking00

Yes Man

21 posts in this topic

I am going to try this. I will say yes to everything 

Edited by theking00

Just remember the caveat at the end of the movie though...:P

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Will you answer to next question I will ask?

Will you reply to my first question again? 

@theking00 You need limitations for what you are going to do. Some people will try to take advantage of you when they start to see the pattern. There are better principles to have then this one.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

You cant just ignore you bounderies without psycological consequences. If that movie was real life more then half of those people would need therapy after a while.

I did an experiment similar to this a while back. I ended up in Hawaii with a couple of cute Swedish girls and then found myself on a 2-week road trip driving from Seattle to Alaska.

@theking00 Do it but there got to be some boundaries, like: don't rob a bank, don't give away your money, don't allow yourself to get raped and don't do drugs. It could be enough to just say yes to events and don't skip out on an invitation to handout with anyone.

Facebook usually shows me like 3 nearby events a week that i don't go to. You could make the rule that you have to go to 2 or 3 of those a week. 

Yeah i know what you mean . I will only say yes If i want to.  

3 hours ago, martins name said:

@theking00 Do it but there got to be some boundaries, like: don't rob a bank, don't give away your money, don't allow yourself to get raped and don't do drugs. It could be enough to just say yes to events and don't skip out on an invitation to handout with anyone.

Facebook usually shows me like 3 nearby events a week that i don't go to. You could make the rule that you have to go to 2 or 3 of those a week. 

Yeah i know what you mean . I will only say yes If i want to.

2 minutes ago, martins name said:

@theking00 ok nice :) Good luck on your quest. Also do you meditate? 

I used to mediate. I did the do nothing meditation. 

@theking00 interesting. It's like binge eating vegetables lol. I guess I do that to sometimes, but the distinction between 'reality' and meditation is very blurry for me so I don't mind it.

Leo still does some spiritual practices but if he wouldn't it would be because he is in the meditative state effortlessly. There is no going back from non-duality.

20 minutes ago, martins name said:

@theking00 interesting. It's like binge eating vegetables lol. I guess I do that to sometimes, but the distinction between 'reality' and meditation is very blurry for me so I don't mind it.

Leo still does some spiritual practices but if he wouldn't it would be because he is in the meditative state effortlessly. There is no going back from non-duality.

Also reality is perfect so I do not  to need escape it and everything else is just a distraction.

Edited by theking00

@theking00Love this movie ha! 

Here's another idea: start acting the complete opposite of how you would normally act in your social situations. This may give you the realization you are not bound by the conditioned beliefs you hold influencing your social anxiety :D