Butters

I never allow myself to go deep with meditation

8 posts in this topic

Like this morning, I completely let go of all attachment and I feel overwhelmed with an emotion of sadness that's turning into a euphoric feeling of bliss. 

But before it comes up, I ruin it by saying either "oh cool, something is happening" or "omg scary", and then it's gone. 

This always happens. Wish I could have the bliss. 

??

yeah, chattering mind can be a real killjoy ;)

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

@Butters When these thoughts arise, it's not always the best idea to ignore them. It's actually good to immediately acknowledge these sensations if they are trying to get you to see something for a reason, this is part of self-reflection. However, it's best not to identify with them or attach to them because you want to keep flowing. You want to learn to notice them, and immediately let them go.

If I get a thought that doesn't serve my meditation, or if it has nothing to do with the experience I will acknowledge it for a brief second and then release it with my breath. When things come up and excite you, try to just keep using your deep breath as an anchor and breathe into that sensation. Try to experience what is happening without judging what comes up and simply accept what comes up, then let it go.

It always reminded me of a series of waves. You don't want to swim directly towards them but you don't want to swim away from them either because then you won't get the full experience of swimming with that wave, with the current. You want to float and find your own rhythm. I find this is the best way to avoid the riptides. 

If you want to learn to swim you must begin at shore and gradually make you're way into the deep end. ;-)

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Butters When the thoughts arise... Chose to consciously let them go in the moment. Straight away. No thinking. Just let go....

Just.keep.letting.go ?

It is actually funny when you think about it, it is like interacting with people in comments, if you start argument and insult , fight back , you are stuck, if you let it go you are free! . 

Keep meditating and meditating until these "states" become so normal that your mind won't even bother to notice it anymore.

Just now, DoubleYou said:

Keep meditating and meditating until these "states" become so normal that your mind won't even bother to notice it anymore.

Yeah just a year of meditation for me and thoughts dont carry much weight anymore, i just notice them and keep meditating. Theres hope for you Butter! 

Dont look at me! Look inside!