SageModeAustin

Leos idea about how we create ALL of our own suffering is ridiculous

5 posts in this topic

How about Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)? This is biological. If my caudate nucleus was already fucked up how is it my doing? 

ALL suffering is a ridiculous claim. Please convince me otherwise

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

Convince yourself otherwise. 

Its not like Leo invented this idea. This idea has been around for thousands of years and is the core of almost all spiritual teachings.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

4 minutes ago, SageModeAustin said:

How about Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)? This is biological. If my caudate nucleus was already fucked up how is it my doing? 

ALL suffering is a ridiculous claim. Please convince me otherwise

Separate the event or circumstance from actually suffering. I can get punched in the face but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm "suffering" from it. Only the delusion that I'm special and "he shouldn't have done that" and whatever other fantasy I create out of the event is separate from the event itself. Reality is what it is and it's only lack of consciousness and understanding + acceptance of the truth that leads to this interpretation. Also understand that all because some people who may have these biological disorders like being born retarded (or downsyndrome if we want to be PC) or have serious schizophrenia doesn't change the case the matter of this reality. Yeah, their mind isn't developed or may have some sort "defect" that causes more self torment because they have a wiring or case in their genetics where they can't develop themselves to that point where they grasp reality as it is. They'll still suffer but that doesn't mean their suffering is based on anything real. I know people like this, hell my mom is like this with her own psychological disorders, but that doesn't change anything. One might word it as saying these people suffer involuntarily. However this is the 1% of the population who have this sort of excuse or exception. So unless you're like that, it's just cause you don't want to wake up to your own delusion. 

I love everyone's reply on this! I usually laugh when I see when someones ego can't accept ideas that go against their beliefs. People should be open minded. Just because something goes against your belief system is no reason to discontinue it. Instead ponder it and try to figure out why someone believes it. Than decide wether you believe it or not. Leo is correct. We create our own suffering due to our own mind. Being free of the mind and having control over it rather being controlled by it like the OP here is part of Enlightenment. Never discontinue an idea just because it goes against your own belief system. Beliefs are just illusions and lies anyways. Instead of calling it ridiculous with your ego you should of asked how is suffering caused by ourselves. That would of been a better post.

You are mistaking this claim for a merely psychological one, when it is a metaphysical one.

It requires a massive expansion of consciousness to realize. It is not something to believe but something you will discover after awakening, and ONLY after awakening.

A life of zero suffering is impossible to conceive without awakening. Period. Ego cannot go there because it fundamentally believes that death is 1) real, and 2) bad.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.