Baotrader

goodbye actualized.org

59 posts in this topic

Getting caught up in identifying with a concept like that, instead of observing it, seems like a lost cause for the ones who already see everything as a lost cause. They seem to lack the keystone of the all-encompassing love of being, and just not giving a shit.

A year & 1/2 ago a horrible OCD disease called pure O came crashing into my life like a freight train i never saw coming, terrible thoughts came creeping into my mind all day long. I thought well I finally lost my shit, thought I was gonna wind up in a white padded room the rest of my life fast forward a year & 1/2 later & thanks to Leo & many more spiritual teachers I've had a kundalini awakening & now I'm still on The path towards enlightenment, moral of the story don't give up shit does get better. 

Not to say that suffering is bad, as I'm learning more and more that it is actually necessary for growth. But there has to be ways of growing through the suffering, to turn coping into thriving. There is no virtue in hardship if it prevents you from being able to challenge yourself beyond just coping with it.

Always been nihilistic by nature, so the default meaning of life was attaining supreme comfort, it felt like the greatest thing to aspire to. But that too would not be ultimately satisfying. To live life on more profound levels though, a baseline of comfort seems to be necessary, like having the foundations of the self-actualization pyramid in place. The sweet spot would be to be neither distracted by unmet base needs, not distracted by luxury and indulgence.

Another way is accepting the present moment and to stop desiring anything to happen. Yet still and all, in the material world we come up against objective limitations, outside our power to effect internal change. Can't fly by flapping our hands, walk through walls or alchemize money out of thin air no matter how much we believe it's possible.

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

Fucking money. Seems like a lot of you are trying to help him but missing the point and seeing it as just an emotional, psychological problem. But sometimes, people are so far down into physical challenges and financial scarcity that emotional/spiritual development can't really help them improve, only cope. And if fear of death is overcome, and there is no foreseeable way out of constant biological suffering, suicide can look like an option.

I obviously don't know the nuances of his situation, but I know my own suicidal thoughts would stop if I just was provided with a safe and comfortable place to live and quiet place to sleep. From that springboard I imagine it would be possible to self-actualize financially, but when dealing with chronic sleep deprivation all I can really do is suffer through existence. If the OP has a way to meet basic needs and reject the role of family provider thrust upon him, why kill himself?

From my point of view people end their lives for the stupidest of reasons. The things that bother me most are what feels like blatantly obvious short-sightedness and inefficiency. On the microscale, people feeling depressed over things that can easily be changed by changing their mental perspectives, their diet, physical body practices, and emotional self-hacking. On the macro-scale, a capitalist world where productivity is higher than ever, but individual survival still depends upon somehow making money. On the personal level, the feeling that there is nothing I can do except tell depressed people 'you're full of shit, get over yourself,' decry the detriments of capitalism, and feel too burdened by my own suffering to help others escape theirs.

During September I was thinking on suicide and I would say that a lot of introspection was putting me into a downward spiral. I'm not saying introspection is bad, but it can make you lose touch with reality (please, don't start with ponderings like "but reality doesn't even exist"). Taking action is also a key point. I don't mean just taking action like working or going to the gym, but also meeting new people, partying, going to new places and even doing materialistic stuff (like facing your fears). They say non-duality is the ultimate truth, but I think it can mislead people. Non-duality can be seen as something that will bring us happiness or whatever and that's why we call ourselves spiritual seekers. We're seeking for something that we already have, no matter our circumstances.

It's the second thread about a person wanting to commit suicide I see here. Sometimes it's important to be more grounded and talk to people in a way they can understand, even if they are attached to their ego, or if they have a religion, or if they're atheists or whatever.

If a person wants to make friends, tell them: "make friends" instead of "you have to focus on Being in order to realize you don't need friends."

If a person wants to make money, tell them: "it's okay to have the desire of making money" instead of "you need to be aware of low consciousness patterns and not think about money, but just about high values."

If a person wants to have sex, tell them: "it's okay to have casual relationships" instead of "you're being too shallow if you want to have sex."

If a person wants happiness, tell them: "it's okay to make something for your happiness" instead of "Tony Robbins are all about Orange evil stuff and you shouldn't listen to him. Overcome your addictions by sitting and doing nothing for weeks that you'll find happiness."

Be more grounded guys in order to help people who are depressed or suffering. I know many of you, including Leo, have advanced stuff to teach, but sometimes I myself feel like an alien that can't understand what enlightenment or happiness is. It seems I'm losing something very important. Maybe I am, but it doesn't mean my life is worthless.

I learned a lot with my suicidal thoughts and I hope you can learn something from me (if you will). Here in Brazil we call it "ser pé no chão."

By the way, Karma Yoga seems to be a very good thing in order to overcome depression.

Call a suicide hotline. Thats a permanent decision for a temporary problem. Dealing with your parents is one of the most difficult things for a human to accomplish but you can do it. I am doing it too.

@Mikael89 Quantum suicide..this reminds me of this one mechanism I would use in the past when I had these thoughts as a teenager, I would ask myself what if I took my life now only to return and have to start the whole series, every phase, every moment, all over again? Precisely like when you die in a video game and have to return to the first level. This theory would often stop these thoughts for me because I couldn't even bear to think about going through the same pain over & over again. 

At this point in my life I have come to Love even those things that were once painful and hard to grip for they have only brought me to this path I am on now. I have learned so much from turmoil & traumatic experience that there's no reason at all not to love it or appreciate it for it was a true experience that only ultimately helped me see the beauty of God that lies in everything.

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

National suicide hotline 800 273 8255 24/7 free and confidential support for people in distress, crisis, and prevention resources for you and your loved ones. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We're committed to improving crisis services and advancing suicide prevention by empowering individuals, advancing professional best practices, and building awareness.

Thank everyone for concerning about me. I pretty much appreciate it. I will have to decide by myself in the end. It's gonna be tough I guess. In general I think most of us are controlled by our rationality without even ever knowing it. We're lucky to stumple on this actualization path where we find out we are controlled and have a chance to create a distance between "us" and our thoughts/rationality to doubt, see the limit and ABSURDITY of it before we take action on IT. 

Hope none of us will still be under control after we have put in a lot of effort for a long time

@Baotrader so good to hear from you brother ❤️ was thinking about you all day yesterday. 

You're aware of the minds rationalities as you haven't acted. 

You have already taken back part of the 'control' by being here ?

Ride the waves graciously bro, your doing freaking awesome.

@brugluiz

Spirituality is about facing your death, but it's often used as an excuse to justify the fear of living life.

@vela3

Not everyone lives in the USA though. If I ever consider suicide imminent due to lack of money or impending homelessness, I'll give them a call and see if they can get me a place to live and provisions. Not doing that just yet since whatever accomodations I get would likely be worse than this corner of my parents' living room, but it is nice to know that my country is so against suicide that you can ask for help and they will help you. Even if that results in a 72 hour psychiatric hold, that actually helps your disability benefits claims, so I heard.

@Baotrader

Noticed you're from Vietnam, have you though about running away and living in the jungle?

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/vietnam-jungle-men-incredible-story-ho-van-lang-boy-who-lived-wild-41-years-1569459

this is so heartwarming ! to see everyone come care for this man :x

acutalized.org community to the rescue!!

Edited by thehero

@Baotrader

Yes! Youre back! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ This is a proud day! The rest of your magical life is layed out in front of your feet my brother!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Baotrader Yay! ❤️ I'm so happy to hear you're back. You are a Lion, brother  ❤️

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Baotrader  Right on, my fellow mind-body. ❤️

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

@Baotrader Soo happy to hear from you brother! You're absolutely right that in the end you have to make the decision, just know that there is all the options and all the support!

Not sure if it's an option for you, I'm just throwing it in here as an option: Why don't you go full on sage mode, completely leave the old "you" behind? I might be naïve about this (not saying it is easy though), but that way you could actually stop "your life" and still have the chance to start a new path and potentially find insane fulfilment.
It has been offered by other that are probably more helpful than me, but I also want to let you know that I will always take time for you to text/call me if you want :)

However you decide, infinite love my friend <3

@Baotrader Please try and connect to your inner body. Just try to feel the life sensation inside, it's very simple. Do this every day, and try and focus on it rather than the content of the mind. It is not difficult and it will end in you feeling an immense amount of joy and peace inside. Forget about being enlightened etc. and just do this. Being able to feel inner joy like this can easily overcome all the negativity in your head space. 

On 28.11.2018 at 4:24 PM, FoxFoxFox said:

@Baotrader Please try and connect to your inner body. Just try to feel the life sensation inside, it's very simple. Do this every day, and try and focus on it rather than the content of the mind. It is not difficult and it will end in you feeling an immense amount of joy and peace inside. Forget about being enlightened etc. and just do this. Being able to feel inner joy like this can easily overcome all the negativity in your head space. 

:)