Katlicitas

Major setback

16 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,
June through september I started working a lot on myself ...meditation, consciousness, etc.
And I started feeling so good, my mind became a lot clearer and I could tell I was on the right track.
Now, in october I started studying philosophy and had to move because of that. I couldn't find a place to live at first, so I had to stay at a hostel for a month. I did find a place now, however, I'm living alone instead of in a shared flat.
Two months have passed now. During that time I have lost almost all of my progress, I feel. I had to deal with alot of homesickness and loneliness. Also winter depression. I lost all my good habits like Yoga, meditation, reading, or diet. And I can't really seem to get back on track. Even returning to this forum is a big step for me.
To everyone reading this. Where do I start? I'm on very low energy at the moment. Would love to hear everything you have to say :)

If you're just getting back into it, I recommend buying some healthy food and staying on a good sleep schedule (go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day and don't sleep more than you have to, it drains me), also a gym membership to planet fitness is like 10 bucks.  I would do this first to get the energy to get back on track,  I think it would be overwhelming to start up all your habits at once, and could make you prone to quitting, but that's just me.  Apples are cheap, really really cheap

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

You didn't lose anything. You're in the low right now you could say. Typically theirs high and lows especially when. You get further. You're alone feeling all this because this is what your true self wants for your self. Being alone will help you over come these lonely feelings. Also depression is always caused by resistance. You're ego is not willing to let go and since. You're trying to let it go both sides of yourself is pulling in opposite directions you could say in a sense. (Using that as an example.) Which is cause for the pain. If you let it go it would be blissful and it wouldn't hurt and you wouldn't feel down. The lessons and the stuff you're feeling now. I've also been through it so I understand. In general I used to be depressed frequently. It was the worst in the winter for me though. Once you're through this you will be happier! Try to get yourself back into meditation though as it'll help greatly! Even if it's just 10 mins a day at first. 

Deal with those issues first causing all this than make you focus getting back into your habits. Sometimes it's best to focus on one thing at a time to get yourself back in track. Dealing with issues like these should be your focus first. I hope this helps!

@Serotoninluv thanks! :)

@zambize you're right, trying to pick back up all my habits at once would probably only frustrate me. I don't have any expecially unhealthy food at home right now, so i guess that's something. I don't live in the US, so there's no planet fitness, but I'll see if I can maybe get a membership at my universitys gym, although, the way I'm feeling right now, I'm probs not gonna do it.

@Orcoda Your answer gave me a little more insight  where my feelings are coming from. I'll definitely do my best to get back into meditation. It's always been very hard for me to stick with it though.

Thank you both for your suggestions!

1 minute ago, Katlicitas said:

@Serotoninluv thanks! :)

@zambize you're right, trying to pick back up all my habits at once would probably only frustrate me. I don't have any expecially unhealthy food at home right now, so i guess that's something. I don't live in the US, so there's no planet fitness, but I'll see if I can maybe get a membership at my universitys gym, although, the way I'm feeling right now, I'm probs not gonna do it.

@Orcoda Your answer gave me a little more insight  where my feelings are coming from. I'll definitely do my best to get back into meditation. It's always been very hard for me to stick with it though.

Thank you both for your suggestions!

You don't have to feel like doing something to do it D:::::::::  

Sincerely wish you good luck though and hope to see you around

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

@Katlicitas  your welcome! Im glad I helped! I've been through a lot so I can relate to most people! I've suffered a lot too. Eventually you'll see suffering as different too. Whenever I start to feel depressed I just accept everything I'm feeling and it stops. If you ever have issues accepting anything just force the energy into your heart chakra than you've accepted it. Learning to accept everything will keep you so much happier and it'll help you grow so much more. It's a very useful skill anyways. Only our egos want to hold onto everything. 

@zambize haha, you're absolutely right! :D
I meant it more as in: I feel like at the moment I don't have the self-control to do it. Right now, it sounds like a great idea, but i know that it's not that easy for me to get out of that hole of self-sabotage, that i can be sure I'll actually sign up tomorrow.

@Orcoda yes, It's wonderful you're able to do that! I was there aswell, couple of months back, and I'm hoping to be able to get there again :)

4 minutes ago, Katlicitas said:

@Orcoda yes, It's wonderful you're able to do that! I was there aswell, couple of months back, and I'm hoping to be able to get there again :)

I had a great teacher. She has full embodiment for enlightenment. Yet even she keeps growing more and more. That's past self realization btw. Further than what texts speak of and what I've seen leo speak of. However I haven't read all his info so it's possible that he has mentioned full embodiment. Anyways she taught me so much and i learned a lot from her. Thanks to her I try my best to help whoever I can even if it's just a little! I. Glad the information helped you and I hope you get back to where you were! Once you've dealt with those pains you will get back into it though!

@Katlicitas If you did it before, it will only be easier to start again. So fear not. It gets easier every time.

So just slowly rebuilt. It will be easier than the first time.

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

You didn’t lose anything, it’s habit gravity. You’re trying to go beyond space. Get right back into it. 

@Katlicitas orginally telegram. Theirs some good spiritual groups on there. One of her goals is to Helo humanity with evolution by that I mean higher conciousness. Which in my opinion is one of the points to life.