Mezanti

Let's say you get enlightened (egoless) why live?

53 posts in this topic

@Aquarius hmm, you're right, i am trying to convince everyone from a place of ignorance, you are too ;) (its relative) but i think it's a good thing, i'm putting it out there that i think this way, and the arguments that arise should slowly shift the way i think.

Egoless? Theirs no such thing. When you become enlightened your ego does die but it comes back. Your ego is just different after this. When you're enlightened your ego is controlled by you. Before enlightenment your ego controls you. Part of the process of enlightenment is everything Merging as one. This gives you more control. 

@Serotoninluv explain..

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It's kind of like asking "But wait, if Santa Claus doesn't really exist, why are we writing "From Santa" on the Christmas presents?

The question doesn't make sense anymore. Or it becomes cosmically funny. Many people that experience satori laugh because it's a cosmic joke.

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

The self agenda and survival is resistance to the “process” and pursuit of enlightenment. Survival is the active resistance to the truth of impermanence. 

truth

2 hours ago, Mezanti said:

Let's say you get enlightened (egoless) why live?

why not?

unborn Truth

9 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

@Serotoninluv explain..

Once one realizes there is no Santa Claus, why continue living as if there was a Santa Claus? It no longer makes sense.

Similarly, if one realizes there is no self, why continue living as a self? It no longer makes sense.

You are essentially asking "If there is awakening that there is no me, what's in it for me?". Well, nothing. The self gets served a plate of nothing.

Yet, if we want to motivate a self to actualize, we can hang a few carrots: there will be the end of suffering. There will be a sense of peace and freedom your self cannot imagine.

22 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

@ajasatya because you have no ego to govern your need for survival.

ego is an imaginary thing.

a flower does not need an ego to survive, even though it has its own thorns to help it.

if there is hunger, there will be search for food. if there is thirst, there will be search for water. if there is need to urinate, there will be search for a place to pee and so on.

you're not a thing experiencing life. you're LIFE ITSELF experiencing its own mysteries.

unborn Truth

9 hours ago, Mezanti said:

sO hE wIlL RuN aNd TheRe iS a LEsSoN.

Yeah, but the way you were saying it, the thought that came to my mind is that I could not picture an enlightened master purposely putting himself in harms way just for the heck of it. It doesn't happen like that, and no one does that.

9 hours ago, Mezanti said:

Why is the realization that everything is one (including suffering and pleasure) would wanna make you end one aspect of life?

It doesn't. That's your choice. Some ppl have an awakening automatically for whatever reason, and they don't even realize that it's an awakening. So they do nothing about it.

@ajasatya so ultimately, an enlightened person, will function and behave as any other would, except that he is peaceful.

So he still operates as an ego? for his own survival. 

My theory is that, if you become enlightened, you still will be embodied in an ego, it's just that you can embody enlightenment into it.  

what do you think of this?

@Mezanti you're using conflicting and overlapping concepts and that's why this discussion is pointless. let go of concepts for 10 seconds and you'll have a glimpse.

unborn Truth