Mezanti

Let's say you get enlightened (egoless) why live?

53 posts in this topic

I've been hit hard with this idea recently and it is that, if i am enlightened, why live? If i have no ego, why eat,sleep or do anything? why do anything that keeps me alive? How would socialization be possible? what i've come to think is that: absolute enlightenment is only reached once you have transcended the mobility of your mind (death) because if you still live within your mind you will be limited to the mechanisms that it functions with.

Here for example:

If an enlightened master was approached by a lion he would still crap his pants and run for his life, it's not like he would sit there lotus position and smile. 

Another thot:

is the best you can do is to embody the lessons from your enlightenment experiences into your life, will you ultimately still need a life purpose, and something to be working towards daily?

Share your thots.

Edited by Mezanti

Only after awakening real life starts, until then is just a drag and a constant pain. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

2 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

If an enlightened master was approached by a lion he would still crap his pants and run for his life, it's not like he would sit there lotus position and smile. 

1. You can reach a point where that fear wouldn’t exist anymore. So that’s an assumption. 
  2. There are even unenlightened people who aren’t afraid of such scenarios. 

In regards to everything else you said... At the end of the day, no one can nor is going to give you an accurate enough explanation to this stuff to the point where the truth of what’s being talked about makes sense to you experientially. Which is why you can read all the books and even if it makes sense to you on how all of this could be true and you start to see all the interconnections between all these traditions that have had virtually no contact with each other and are all talking about the same thing and you start creating a map in your head that’s not the territory, none of that still won’t change your fundamental experience of your reality because what is most fundamental was never changed and deconstructed or recontextualized. I personally encourage you to just rest your skepticism and get on the path and trust a little bit and that it will be worth it but hey, if you don’t, that’s your loss. 

@Mezanti Absolute Enlightenment is not dependent on circumstances. It is present during pain, love, laughter, running from a lion, eating a meal, getting in a car accident, watching a leaf fall, typing a post on a forum etc.

1 hour ago, Mezanti said:

No, he won't do this. He would avoid such situations all together. There's no lessons here. Why do this? An enlightened master is still a human being embodied in an ego. Of course, he'll try to escape like anyone else if he's endangered.

1 hour ago, Mezanti said:

is the best you can do is to embody the lessons from your enlightenment experiences into your life, will you ultimately still need a life purpose, and something to be working towards daily?

Share your thots.

Yes. You could also embody the wisdom (enlightenment experiences) into your life purpose. If you have an awakening, you will become aware first hand that everything is you. You could share this piece of info through your LP in a tactful way so that those who are ready to hear it will hear it. Why do this? Because you want to make peace in this world and reduce/end suffering as much as you can. By nature, we don't like to see suffering. During an awakening, there is just peace, no suffering. You want to reflect this in this life.

that's an excellent question and i struggled with this myself.  But you come to realize that, remember here - you are absolute infinity, which is all possiblities.

That means you can actually experience absolute infinity, if even for a few minutes during a mystical experience (higher state of consciousness) 

You come back as your ego, so you don't lose your ego - only more intelligent and more self-actualized.  You are literally grabbing more consciousness everytime this happens and your suffering will start to melt away, literally before your eyes, as time goes on.  

Your goal is to become so self actualized that you are as close to infinity as "humanly" possible which is going to VERY blissful.  

Think of it like this - you will have 99.99999 percent bliss and the remaining is suffering.

So you can't get rid of the suffering completely until you literally BECOME infinity forever, which is death.

In which case i believe you will reincarnate as another being, once again forgetting who you really are, and the process starts all over again - but note, there is no pain anywhere in that because you won't remember who you were before.

So that's what Leo means when you have the next xxx amount of years left in life  (depending on how old you are) to continue to diminish your suffering  to the point where you life pretty much is bliss all the time, and that's as perfect as we can be.  You can even experience COMPLETE infinity if only for a time even while you are alive (because it has to be, as being is infinite possiblities)

You will also gain 99.99999 percent of infinite intelligence (consciousness) if you can get that self actualized as well.

This whole thing is WAY more powerful than you know unless you have been enlightened - and even if you have, that's just the beginning as you have to continue your work until the end.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Key Elements

12 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

No, he won't do this. He would avoid such situations all together. There's no lessons here. Why do this? An enlightened master is still a human being embodied in an ego. Of course, he'll try to escape like anyone else if he's endangered.

sO hE wIlL RuN aNd TheRe iS a LEsSoN.

13 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Because you want to make peace in this world and reduce/end suffering as much as you can. By nature, we don't like to see suffering. 

Why is the realization that everything is one (including suffering and pleasure) would wanna make you end one aspect of life?

20 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

In which case i believe you will reincarnate as another being, once again forgetting who you really are, and the process starts all over again - but note, there is no pain anywhere in that because you won't remember who you were before.

I don't agree that YOU (or your soul, spirit,) will be reincarnated as a baby forgetting about its previous life, i think since you are consciousness and as consciousness you are that baby;) but hey i'm open to all possibilities.

Edited by Mezanti

@Mezanti " If an enlightened master was approached by a lion he would still crap his pants and run for his life, it's not like he would sit there lotus position and smile." 

An enlightened master will not be attacked in the first place, because is more fearless than a lion and in harmony with himself and everything else. 

@Hellspeed how is that logical, so the lion would just bow down to him and say fuck it im not eating today.

3 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

@Hellspeed how is that logical, so the lion would just bow down to him and say fuck it im not eating today.

Yes. 

This has nothing to do with logic. Logic is a tool, not the "bar" for reality. 

Awakening is beyond logic.

Edited by Hellspeed

@Hellspeed 

Enlightenment is not some woowoo thing where lions get scared of you because you are in harmony with everything.(your words) Enlightenment is a realization and experience of non duality. The lion will eat him, just like he would you or me.

4 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

@Hellspeed 

Enlightenment is not some woowoo thing where lions get scared of you because you are in harmony with everything.(your words) Enlightenment is a realization and experience of non duality. The lion will eat him, just like he would you or me.

You speak about Egoic, anyone can do that with a DMT plug. I speak about eternal bliss, harmony, Tantra, Healing, psychic abilities, is what True awakening is. Otherwise, you talking about mindfuckery only. I say this because I have experience, not with lions but with unapproachable dogs, Rotties, Pitbulls, Crazy horses etc. But awakening is not for everyone, is tougher than MR Olympia title, and I've been a powerlifter. The magnitude of the drama is something those who experienced death understand what I'm talking about. 

Edited by Hellspeed

@Hellspeed so unapproachable dogs, Rotties, Pitbulls, Crazy horses don't attack you because you are enlightened. 

7 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

@Hellspeed 

Sure but that has nothing to do with fear. An event, or “what is”, is what it is. The interpretation of the event is a totally different thing. Your fear isn’t something based on logic or rationality but rather irrationality and resistance to what is. 

Humans are not logical or rational. Logic and rationality are things people do. 

The self agenda and survival is resistance to the “process” and pursuit of enlightenment. Survival is the active resistance to the truth of impermanence. 

I want to be clear though because a lot of people go overboard and are too fantastical about enlightenment: if you’re in the room with a hungry wild lion and you’re all he has to eat, that lion will kill you. I’m not saying nor do I defend this bullshit notion that enlightenment makes you some survival expert. Anyone who subscribed to that is full of shit. On the other side to that though is, a lot of animals tend to attack because they can feel off of you. They can feel your fear. They can feel your hostility. Which is why people like Sadhguru are popular examples of an enlightened person who has mastered his emotions and such that he can display certain things like the things he does with cobras and their venom and all that stuff. 

Edited by kieranperez

Just now, Mezanti said:

@Hellspeed so unapproachable dogs, Rotties, Pitbulls, Crazy horses don't attack you because you are enlightened. 

You said it. 

@Hellspeed prove it to me, show me evidence of harmful animals bowing to enlightened masters simply because they are enlightened.

2 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Sure but that has nothing to do with fear. An event, or “what is”, is what it is. The interpretation of the event is a totally different thing. Your fear isn’t something based on logic or rationality but rather irrationality and resistance to what is. 

Humans are not logical or rational. Logic and rationality are things people do. 

The self agenda and survival is resistance to the “process” and pursuit of enlightenment. Survival is the active resistance to the truth of impermanence. 

You need some more unlearning to grasp it.