Hello from Russia

How the fuck do you take action in uncertainty?

14 posts in this topic

When you're stuck between different paths which have their pros and cons and you don't know what the fuck to choose. You're overthinking the oportunity cost of choosing the one thing over another over and over again creating a personal hell for youself. You are also pressured to make a decision as fast as possible as not making any decision has its own opportunity cost in itself. You have to take action and not taking any action is an action in itself.

Please, share some insights and wisdom on this topic

Edited by Hello from Russia

Pick one then see if you would more miss first option more or second...whats more on your mind first or second

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The decision you make doesn't matter. What matters is if you OWN your decision. There's no right decision. So don't stress out, maybe every choice is the right/wrong one. So pick one, but fucking own it. You chose it. Now continue along that path and have no regrets. Take responsibility for your life and for your decisions. Also, remember that comfort is an illusion.

Good luck, I hope I helped out. Maybe provide us with more information and we can help more.

Hard to give any advice when there is 0 information, there is no right, wrong answer for one problem , it is situation that shapes what will be wrong, right answer for your question.

What I can work out from here is first it you will choose one path anyway , so you will have to live it through it , be it better, or worse who knows, sometimes what seems worse , can give you best life experiences to learn from. 

Hope it helps. 

32 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Please, share some insights and wisdom on this topic

I usually think options through until every one seems to be equally balanced. All pros and cons outweigh each other.
Then I let the situation unfold by itself and I intervene if the right time comes.

If that is not an option for you - toss a coin and see if you are disappointed with the result.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

There's no right or wrong answers.

To overcome this you have to change your neurotic mindset and view of decision making etc. I recommend a book "Feel the fear... and do it anyways"

Edited by SgtPepper

21 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Imagine yourself at 80 looking back at your life and evaluating the choices you have made. Then ask yourself, which choice would you regret the least?

Great technique, I often use it, although I forget about it sometimes

25 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

There's no right or wrong answers.

There are non, indeed. I realize it, but you still live in a relativistic world and in this world your actions have consequences

3 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Pick one then see if you would more miss first option more or second...whats more on your mind first or second

What if you can't really go back and choose it again? 

Your ability to know what you want is best when you're quiet.

But when you're quiet and you still don't know what to do. Then just be like that. In a state of not knowingness. And be like that. Don't try to force your descision.

Forcing things in life is no good. Even if you're in the bathroom :)

By Heart and Guts. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hello from Russia act like you chose it if you can for a day then see if thats more that you would miss or the other thing

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Try to 'feel' the decisions in your body, not just think about them with your mind.

How do you do that? Imagine having taken a decision and having taken the action that entails from it and pay close attention to how your body reacts to it: How fast or slow or deep or shallow is your breath and how fast or slow are your heartbeats, etc. It might take a while to pay attention to subtleties, but if you become really aware, you will notice the difference between the two decisions. 

This isn't the only way to do it, but in case your mind isn't able to take a decision because it is too caught up in pros and cons. The thing with the mind is-if you look for pros, you will find them. If you look for cons, you will find them as well and they will balance each other out. In my experience, my mind is a bloody liar. My body tells the truth. 

Another way is: Ask yourself who is the highest authority in your life or this decision or who are the people that are going to be affected by this decision of yours. And then ask yourself what would you do if that highest authority or those people loved you unconditionally no matter what decision you take?

That will always happen if you only know the mind.
The mind can only conceptualize, compare and project.

Meditate more, be mindful more, the only way to take a real decision is when you're beyond thoughts and listen to your heart/god/inner wisdom.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

There are non, indeed. I realize it, but you still live in a relativistic world and in this world your actions have consequences

which are just more learning opportunities. No matter which direction you get learning opportunities. 

Look up the "No-Lose decision" model.