Lynnel

Lucid Dreaming And Obe Fears.

6 posts in this topic

I am extremely interesting in a OBE and lucid dreaming but I am also extremely scared of what might happen in sleep paralysis.

You know, shadow figures, aliens, and all the very creepy shit that may happen, seem real and scare me.

Also leaving my body scares me because I feel like I won't coming back or may get lost or hurt.

I'm unsure on how to proceed because It might be a really interesting to explore but on the other hand...lord.

I read your blog and watched your sleep paralysis video @Emerald Wilkins maybe you could provide some more advice ?

Thank you for reading this !

4 hours ago, Lynnel said:

I am extremely interesting in a OBE and lucid dreaming but I am also extremely scared of what might happen in sleep paralysis.

You know, shadow figures, aliens, and all the very creepy shit that may happen, seem real and scare me.

Also leaving my body scares me because I feel like I won't coming back or may get lost or hurt.

I'm unsure on how to proceed because It might be a really interesting to explore but on the other hand...lord.

I read your blog and watched your sleep paralysis video @Emerald Wilkins maybe you could provide some more advice ?

Thank you for reading this !

Absolutely. :) First off, don't be afraid of not finding your way back. This is impossible. In this way, OBE works like a dream even though it feels very different. You just snap right back into yourself, similar to how you would wake up. You don't have to backtrack or anything like that. It's instantaneous. Chances are you will have the opposite problem of not being able to stay out of body. This is what I struggle with, if I get too excited, rigid, etc. Sometimes I'll accidentally move my actual body when trying to get up and will completely waste my OBE experience.

Now, there is a chance that you'll run into creepy things during OBE and Sleep Paralysis. This will happen when you go into the experience afraid or feeling uneasy. I've had a bunch of these types of experiences. They aren't fun... but they're fun to talk about later on. xD I mostly ran into these unpleasant experiences as a result of being afraid, thinking that I snapped myself out of the experience, and then getting up and out of the room that I'm sleeping in. I would be thinking that I'm heading to the refrigerator to get something to eat or to turn on the TV to distract myself from the experience and then O.o  Screamfest 2016! Very few times did my scary experiences happen when I was conscious of having an OBE. It was almost always by accident.

My recommendation for avoiding scary experiences is to not attempt to leave your body from the Sleep Paralysis state when you feel scared or uneasy. About half the time when I get Sleep Paralysis, I feel uncomfortable so I just snap myself out of it by moving the small muscles in my abdomen. You can also try to move your fingers and toes. Most of the time, I can get back to sleep without the high pitched buzzing noise and paralysis coming back. I also keep my eyes closed during this time. What you can't see, can't scare you. But if you're scared, go back to sleep and don't try to get up and leave the room as you will likely be out of body and not realize it. One time when I did this, I encountered a large man made entirely out of twisted up long black braided screws. No face or features... just mangled up long black screws.

If you feel comfortable enough to open your eyes and look around the room during Sleep Paralysis, this is a sign that your experience will likely be more pleasant. But if there is any ounce of fear or uneasiness, just snap yourself out of it. But remember that moving small muscles will help you get out of it very quickly.

This next bit might scare you even more but situations like this have come up for me a few times before. Remember not to interact with friends or family members after experiencing sleep paralysis if their personality or life details seem off to you. Let them know that you realize that it isn't them. About a year and half ago, I had an experience where my mother had gotten home from work in the middle of the night. I started talking to her like normal but realized a few seconds later that my mom neither works in the middle of the night nor lives with me. So, as soon as "my mom" realized that I figured it out, it floated sidelong into the other bedroom while maintaining empty eye-contact with me the whole time. Creepy stuff.

But these types of situations happen a lot less frequently now. The more that I learn and the more positive that I am, less comes up for me that's scary. So, in waking life try practicing positive focus and other activities to improve your emotional state. Also, there are many New Age based ideas about "raising your frequency" that are said to help avoid such entities... the idea here is that a high frequency being can't share a space with a low frequency being. I haven't tried many of them, so I would experiment and see what works for you.

Also, daytime out of body experiences are a lot less scary. So, you can try to induce them in the middle of the daytime too.

I hope this was helpful. Wishing you happy travels. :)

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins A huge huge thank you ! I will make time to actually practice all things related to OBE and shall report back :)

18 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

This next bit might scare you even more but situations like this have come up for me a few times before. Remember not to interact with friends or family members after experiencing sleep paralysis if their personality or life details seem off to you. Let them know that you realize that it isn't them. About a year and half ago, I had an experience where my mother had gotten home from work in the middle of the night. I started talking to her like normal but realized a few seconds later that my mom neither works in the middle of the night nor lives with me. So, as soon as "my mom" realized that I figured it out, it floated sidelong into the other bedroom while maintaining empty eye-contact with me the whole time. Creepy stuff.

But these types of situations happen a lot less frequently now. The more that I learn and the more positive that I am, less comes up for me that's scary. So, in waking life try practicing positive focus and other activities to improve your emotional state. Also, there are many New Age based ideas about "raising your frequency" that are said to help avoid such entities... the idea here is that a high frequency being can't share a space with a low frequency being. I haven't tried many of them, so I would experiment and see what works for you.

I get false wake up's all the time. It usually only takes me a few seconds to realise that I'm still dreaming, but sometimes I don't realise and go and talk to my family and friends! Don't be too afraid by it, just think of them as projections of your subconscious.

If you are seeing spooky things in a lucid dream remember you have the power.

I like to have a weapon you can use to destroy evil projections (I use a lightsaber). Thinking of it as a game takes away the fear factor. 

You will probably fall back into dreamland after sleep paralysis, but think that you are awake. Don't get freaked out by this and whatever you do DO NOT TRY AND LEAVE THE DREAM. 

I am not going to tell you what happened to me when I tried to wake up in my dream in fear of scaring you away from the lucid dreaming entirely... But just remember, it will not go on forever, you will wake up, you will be fine. 

I've never had an OBE, any advice on how to achieve one?

Edited by Harry

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I get false wake up's all the time. It usually only takes me a few seconds to realise that I'm still dreaming, but sometimes I don't realise and go and talk to my family and friends! Don't be too afraid by it, just think of them as projections of your subconscious.

If you are seeing spooky things in a lucid dream remember you have the power.

I like to have a weapon you can use to destroy evil projections (I use a lightsaber). Thinking of it as a game takes away the fear factor. 

You will probably fall back into dreamland after sleep paralysis, but think that you are awake. Don't get freaked out by this and whatever you do DO NOT TRY AND LEAVE THE DREAM. 

I am not going to tell you what happened to me when I tried to wake up in my dream in fear of scaring you away from the lucid dreaming entirely... But just remember, it will not go on forever, you will wake up, you will be fine. 

I've never had an OBE, any advice on how to achieve one?

I don't have many lucid dreams, but I used to be really interested in them when I was 15. If I do though, I'll definitely keep your advice in mind. Thanks. :)

In order to have an OBE, you get to Sleep Paralysis mode and start paying attention to the vibration/buzzing sounds that accompany it. You can change the speed of this vibration by paying attention to it and intending to change it. I'm not sure if there's even a subtle movement to go along with changing it or if it's sensitive to your intent. I think it's a subtle movement in the inner ear but it's difficult for me to tell.

When you get to a certain point where the vibration becomes more stable, you can either try to sit up, float up, or project yourself from your body. If you've gotten to Sleep Paralysis to go into lucid dream mode think about this being the mirror opposite of that. Instead of mindfully dipping down into sleep and dream state, you stay awake and get up to move around. The trick is not to move any muscles on your body while doing it. 

I have a video all about it giving the scientific explanation, metaphysical explanation, advice for having and OBE, and my first experience with Sleep Paralysis. I hope that it's helpful. :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Hi there, 

So there I was.. lying down with headphones listening to binaural beats, my body just started moving accordinly to the wave of the beat - starting at 285hz. Slowly I realized I wasn't feeling my body, but the energy only. After about 40 minutes I thought I was feeling pain on my arm but then when I looked to it my arm wasnt there, not at the same level where I was... it was just a strong heavy wave of energy.

Eventually I came back and with difficulty I puy my arms safely down behind my ears. I started leaving again, and felt a strong heavy wave of energy on what would be my face and it was similar to what I had experiencied earlier, but more on my face. I stayed on this higher level for about 40 minutes.

When I came down I started doing yoga to keep moving the energy I had just experiencied and any time I would stay a few seconds without moving and focusing on my breath I would feel way beyond my body.

Seems like I was experiencing a very strong energy field, perhaps much more than what my body can handle.

This happened around 12:30pm to 2:30pm. That night I simply coudnt sleep until 5am and kept having the feeling of leaving my body, and felt the energy still strongly moving trough me. When I woke up, I had pain all over my body like I was hit by a truck.

Any thoughts? 

------ 

Sorry for the doble post, at first I didnt see where to create a new topic! 

Edited by Dizzy
Doble posted

''Firmness in Love"