AncestorOfAisle6

Ego death and enlightenment

11 posts in this topic

So I was reading a article about how there are online communities of people that are trying to reach ego death with the help of psychedelics. It seems in those places that reaching ego death actually reinforces the ego. one of the quotes in the article is from a forum user is, "Does anyone else feel like there is a massive ego-death circle jerk on this [forum]?". 

Article is below.

The funny thing is I've experienced complete ego death and the knowing of being god looking through these eyes. That was about a year ago and while I know it was truth back then, it now feels like a distant memory and also left me with a "knowing it all" attitude. While having ego death I know this is truth, when the ego came back it was a believe again. If enlightenment is permanent why doesn't it stick when doing psychedelics? Is ego death and  enlightenment even the same thing or is it different?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/j5zqwp/competitive-psychedelic-users-are-chasing-ego-death-and-losing-their-sense-of-self

In my opinion, ego death is the doorway to enlightenment and it should not be forced or chased, rather allowed. 

Become comfortable with contradictions and paradoxes.

There is no Ego Death. There is update, every day, like a domino. There is no point in life when one can say "I got it". Is an eternal discovery, because the perception grows into eternity, there is no fixed perception. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Only ego can become obsessed with killing ego

I am, simply is, life is what it is

If you truly accept life as it is, right now, not after you've done this or that...

Everything dissolves and everything unites

Ego, awakening, enlightenment, merely become words

There's whats happening now and that's all there is, and it is infinitely enough

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Ego death is such a dramatic term. The whole "scene" surrounding it is what makes it so hard to achieve.

All it takes is a quick inquiry into your direct experience. 

It's easy to conceptually understand how thoughts are not reality, so they are very easy to discard.

The same applies to the senses because they themselves are concepts.

Same with emotions and the body overall, and ultimately same with everything else.

At this point all that is left is for the seeker to realize the "I" itself is yet another concept and let go of it. What remains is pure consciousness, or Sat, and that is the Self. 

Everything else is complications. But don't let me stop you. 

Stop listening to east gurus and preachers, there are only a few awakened, and the business of non-duality is huge, as in Christianity the dogma. 

Stop taking YouTube seriously, is a mindfuck mill. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Ending every moment is living every moment. Die to the content of “I”, die to the movement of time. ??

Edited by Jack River

End of article:

"perhaps making friends with the ego, and learning how to control it, would be healthier than trying to destroy it." 

This.

Maybe it would be wise to neither move away from or towards. Maybe no movement in either direction is a option deprived of confusion. What does death mean? If there is movement in either direction is that death, or a resistance to die?

Edited by Jack River

What type of movement creates resistance? What I'm trying to say: what movement does not create resistance?

12 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Ego death is such a dramatic term. The whole "scene" surrounding it is what makes it so hard to achieve.

All it takes is a quick inquiry into your direct experience. 

It's easy to conceptually understand how thoughts are not reality, so they are very easy to discard.

The same applies to the senses because they themselves are concepts.

Same with emotions and the body overall, and ultimately same with everything else.

At this point all that is left is for the seeker to realize the "I" itself is yet another concept and let go of it. What remains is pure consciousness, or Sat, and that is the Self. 

Everything else is complications. But don't let me stop you. 

Either your a Buddha and its just an easy quick inquiry and blam done kinda thing, dust off your hands after one time and call it a day, or you are fooling yourself so hard you dont even know it, I'm not sure which.

Edited by Mu_