Inliytened1

What an addiction actually is

8 posts in this topic

Guys

I wanted to let you  know i got enlightened "fully" a few days ago - it's truly beyond words, no pun intended.  I have been crying on and off today when i get a bit "hit" of the full magnitude.

I wanted to thank you for bringing it out in me, even though you ARE me.  So i guess I'm thanking myself LOL.

But i also realized what an addiction is.

I found your site because i was trying to fight against what I thought was an alcohol addiction.

Some of the other sites i had found before you were good, but they didn't reach the full scope.   They kept saying alcohol addiction is an illusion, with alcohol itself causing the illusion.

So now i just had an insight that actually, an addiction is an illusion within THE illusion  ..(i know you know what the illusion is (the dream itself).  If you can recognize this illusion inside the illusion while in your ego form, you can become self aware that it's an illusion and avoid it if you consciousness stays in a high enough state.

That's all an addiction actually is.  And it's created within awareness, in this case your awareness.

-Dave

P.S  Now that i have this amazing feeling I realized that i pretty much have to keep it to myself.  So i'de love to find the next retreat.

Ok guys - Looking forward to hearing from myself (inside joke)

-Dave

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 that's so cool. I've started to really get a grip (or lose a grip) of meditation recently, but I'm super pumped to get enlightened. I have a few questions.

1: are retreats super important or just useful?

2: is it really pure clarity, knowledge and bliss 100% of the time?

3: how old are you and how long did it take to get fully enlightened?

4: is it hard to get offended, and do you find yourself living "holier"?

5: do you have a relatively "normal" western life, filled with social interactions and a job etc?

6: Is it true that you possess all knowledge and wisdom when your enlightened?

An addiction is lack of awakening. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Aaron -

are retreats super important or just useful?

I'de LOVE to find out, I believe i may be spiritually gifted so I have not gone on any retreats, i've just mediated in saunas and at home for about a year now.     

2: is it really pure clarity, knowledge and bliss 100% of the time?

No it's not - when you experience a mystical experience it is like that - but then it kinda fades back to your normal ego, only you feel "different".  I believe it's because you have gained consicousness - sometimes you can feel your whole body and mind literally opening up and expanding.  It scared the crap out of me at first.  

One thing I struggle with now is that when i get back to the normal ego i have to kinda stay at a hightened awareness so that I don't "lose it".  This requires regular meditation and also fighting with my ego that this whole thing is not real - because you can't really share it with anyone and my ego uses that against me BIGTIME (more ego deception)

I have since quit some bad addictions and made radical changes in my life that i KNOW i wouldn't be able to do without this.  (because i tried in the past and couldn't)

3: how old are you and how long did it take to get fully enlightened?  I'm 48 - and i believe it took me 3-4 years to get enlightened but may have actually been a lifetime since I suffered with OCD, which appears to cleared up like 90 percent now.

4: is it hard to get offended, and do you find yourself living "holier"?  Yes totally - as far as being offended -no - i mean it's less hard but mastering emotions will be another task, though i find i have a jump on things now.

5: do you have a relatively "normal" western life, filled with social interactions and a job etc?  Yes I do although i'm looking towards possibly making this my life's work in some capacity (transition to writing books or starting a site)

6: Is it true that you possess all knowledge and wisdom when your enlightened?  I have only felt 100% infinity twice and it was very fast, but during that time, it's complete bliss and peace.  I wasn't deep enough yet to experience the wisdom and knowledge part yet - i have a lot more work.  I think i'm only like between 6-7 on the Zen Oxe Stages.   Lots more work.  I do think i came away more intelligent after these experiences for sure and i feel like i have way more consciousness.  I will think of things i never thought of before and think in a totally different way.

I

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Isn't complete peace wonderful , not a thing bothers you , not a sound, not a movement, to a single thing disturbs you in any way or shape.

@purerogue Yes - and i do want to add that during my whole mystical experience i was able to understand everything about the universe and infinity, and what we are, etc etc..it all just clicked and it was pretty amazing considering this is the greatest discovery of all time although it's not going to be recognized for at least 100 years.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.