Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lynnel

Dave Asprey and bulletproof opinions ? Is he legit ?

5 posts in this topic

I've been reading his book about the head strong program and it sounds amazing.

And here I thought my diet was actually good ahah.

Some points I still have doubts on :

1)  Isn't the amount of fat in the bulletproof coffee (taken daily) too much if you're not in ketosis or not even in mild ketosis ?

2) Is the bulletproof coffee itself legit in terms of mycotoxins being a real issue and not a fake issue invented to sell the said coffee beans ?

3) Is the Brain Octan Oil legit ? Is it better than simple MCT or coconut oil as Dave Asprey claims ?

What are your experiences overall with bulletproof coffee and the bulletproof diet ?

I've experimented with it. You can certainly glean valuable health insights from Dave, but as far as his coffee goes and all that butter, I don't think it's too healthy long-term. I measured my cholesterol numbers before and after months of butter coffee and they got worse. So did my brother.

Those results may hinge on genetic factors so you might be different. But make sure you get your cholesterol tested before and after your experiments with all that butter. In my experience, even the good cholesterol got worse.

A lot of the Bulletproof brand stuff is overpriced and of questionable value. You'd have to carefully experiment with each product to see if it works for you.

You can research more on his Bulletproof forum. Lots of people there talk about their experiences. Many of them are mixed.

You would probably be better off not drinking coffee at all. It tends to become a crutch.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've read and experimented with his advice for years and my conclusion is pretty much the same as Leo's. The brain octane oil in the smallest starting dose made me very nauseous. I also find that including healthy carbs in my diet and cardio exercise both of which Dave shuns make me much more peaceful, present and even keel. The keto diet which the bulletproof diet is, is great for severe health conditions, if you are healthy you'll do better going with something closer to a plant based diet.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 11/26/2018 at 3:15 AM, Leo Gura said:

I've experimented with it. You can certainly glean valuable health insights from Dave, but as far as his coffee goes and all that butter, I don't think it's too healthy long-term. I measured my cholesterol numbers before and after months of butter coffee and they got worse. So did my brother.

Those results may hinge on genetic factors so you might be different. But make sure you get your cholesterol tested before and after your experiments with all that butter. In my experience, even the good cholesterol got worse.

A lot of the Bulletproof brand stuff is overpriced and of questionable value. You'd have to carefully experiment with each product to see if it works for you.

You can research more on his Bulletproof forum. Lots of people there talk about their experiences. Many of them are mixed.

You would probably be better off not drinking coffee at all. It tends to become a crutch.

Hey @Leo Gura, was gonna post in Nootropics but I thought I would give a search try so thats why currently I'm writing here.

Did you have any significant brain-boost from this method? If so, how reliable was that? And any other things you'd like to add? Like combining with some other Nootropic or smth like that? Thanks

On 26.11.2018 at 1:15 AM, Leo Gura said:

I measured my cholesterol numbers before and after months of butter coffee and they got worse. So did my brother.

@Leo Gura
Would be nice if you could specify, what actually happened to the numbers
because Dave Asprey also states:

So it depends on which paradigm you used, Leo.

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.